OVEC – Newcastle University Malaysia
Apply for Newcastle University Malaysia via OVEC and save on cost to obtain a prestigious UK Degree. Watch the below flyer for more details.
- Biomedical Sciences – Tuition fee cost = Rs 441 000 per year
- MBBS – Tuition fee cost = Rs 1 000 000 per year
Why Newcastle University?
- The University is over 175 years old, its history dates back to 1834 when a School of Medicine and Surgery was established in Newcastle in 1834
- Part of the Russell Group (20 Leading UK Universities committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience and unrivalled links with business and the public sector)
- The NUMed Malaysia Branch is led by strong group of expatriate staff from Newcastle University UK, who between them have over 175 years associated with Newcastle Medical School.
- Newcastle has been designated one of Six Science Cities
- Ranked 8th in the UK for medical research (RAE 2008: all “medical” units of assessment combined)
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College or TAR University College
TAR University College has its main campus at Jalan Genting Kelang in Kuala Lumpur which is sited on 186 acres of land.
The institution has 5 branches across Malaysia in the states of Penang, Perak, Johor, Pahang and Sabah.
The first branch campus is in Penang which started its operation in temporary premises back in 1994 before shifting to its purpose-built campus in Tanjung Bungah, Penang, in 1999.
The town of Kampar in Perak is home to the second branch campus which was established in 1998.
The branch campus in the state of Johor was also established in 1998 whereas the Pahang Faculty Branch was established in 1999.
- Meanwhile, Sabah Faculty Branch was established in 2002 in the state of Sabah, East Malaysia.
- Both the faculty branches in Pahang and Sabah will have a purpose-built campus which is in the pipeline and they will be located in Kuantan, Pahang and Kota Kinabalu, Sabah respectively.
- The University College has a student population of more than 27,000, including students from Indonesia, Taiwan, Maldives, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Bangladesh, South Korea, Singapore, USA and Papua New Guinea.
- The University College’s alumni numbers more than 180,000.
- TAR University College is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia with a track record of excellence for over four decades.
- The University College has a thriving student population of 27,000 pursuing tertiary education in its Main Campus located in Kuala Lumpur and five campuses in Penang, Johor, Perak, Pahang and Sabah
- TAR University College has produced more than 180,000 graduates, many of whom are high achievers and leaders in various professions and industries, making significant contribution to the nation’s development.
Faculty of Accountancy, Finance & Business (FAFB)
Programmes offered at both diploma and bachelor’s degree levels in the following disciplines:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate Administration
- E-Commerce and Marketing
- Finance and Investment
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Retail Management
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE)
Programmes offered at Diploma and bachelor’s degree levels in the following disciplines:
- Quantity Surveying
- Property Management
- Electronic Engineering
- Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Construction Management and Economics
- Estate Management
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Material Engineering
- Electronic (Communication) Engineering
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing (FASC)
- Analytical Chemistry
- BioScience with Chemistry
- Chemistry and Biology
- Food Science
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems Engineering
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Business Information Systems
- Information Security
- Internet Technology
- Computer Science and Statistics
- Management Mathematics with Computing
- Computer Science and Management Mathematics
- Computer Science and Computer Mathematics
- Applied Physics with Scientific Instrumentation
- Microelectronics and Physics
- Microelectronics with Computer Communication
- Microelectronics with Embedded Technology
- Microelectronics with Automatic Control
- Interactive Software Technology
Faculty of Social Science, Arts and Humanities (FSAH)
- Broadcast Communication
- Media Studies
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Design
- Multimedia Design
- Hotel Management
- Food service
- Event Management
Centre for Pre-University Studies (CPUS)
- Cambridge GCE A Level Science
- Cambridge GCE A Level Arts
- Foundation in Science
- Foundation in Arts
- Students are able to enjoy various facilities which include a student centre, a sports complex, a clubhouse, an Olympic-sized swimming pool and a hall with a seating capacity of 2,000.
- Students also have easy access to various learning resources at the University College three-storey library comprising six levels.
- Well equipped tutorials rooms, lecture theatres, laboratories, and workshops provide a conducive learning environment for students.
- The Sports Complex is well equipped with a gymnasium, two multi-purpose halls, three rooftop tennis courts, five table tennis courts and six badminton courts/two volleyball courts/a basketball court.
- The University College has a 10-block hostel accommodation within the campus. The hostel accommodation is on twin-sharing basis and equipped with beds, wardrobes, study tables and chairs.
- Facilities available are air-conditioned study rooms with internet service, convenience & stationery shop, cafeteria, launderette, water dispensers, ATM, public telephones and parking facilities for vehicles.
- There is also a 24-hour security service.
Facilities at main campus
TARC Main Campus has sports facilities, including a sports complex. Netted tennis courts are available at the rooftop, and the interior is used as badminton or basketball courts. There is an Olympic-size swimming pool, a learner’s pool, a gymnasium and squash courts in the club. Outdoor fields are available for football, basketball, futsal, and volleyball.
TARC library is a three-storey building with Infoweb system that helps students locate books easily. Internet computers are available. There are rooms for study, discussion and individual study areas.
One of the ten residential blocks of TARC Hostel
A path beside the Sports Complex leads to TARC Hostel. The ten blocks of five-storey-buildings can accommodate 2000 students. The rooms are twin-sharing. Seven of the blocks are for female students, while the other blocks are for male students.
The college offers a bus service to areas in the vicinity.
Computers in the Communication and Information Technology Centre of Kuala Lumpur Main Campus
Besides the internet computers in the library, more can be found in the Communication and Information Technology Centre of the Kuala Lumpur Main Campus.
Wi-Fi hotspots are spread all across the college, with popular spots being the library, canteens, and certain blocks.
TAR University College offers a wide range of programmes in various disciplines such as:
accounting, finance, management, business, economics, corporate administration, applied science, ICT, microelectronics, engineering, built environment, mass communication, social science, creative arts, hospitality management and pre-university.
Estimated Tuition Fees For First Year
Arts – MYR11,700/approximately USD3,080 – Rs 113960
Science – MYR14,800/approximately USD3,900 – Rs 144300
Estimated Total Fee per programme :
– Arts – MYR28,800/approximately USD7,580 – Rs 280460
– Science – MYR36,000/approximately USD9,480 – Rs 350760
- Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Entrepreneurship – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Human Resource Management – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) in Broadcasting – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours) in Software Engineering – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Electrical and Electronics – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Honours) – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Master of Business Administration – Tuition Fee: 21990 – Rs 806230 – Full time (1.5 yrs)
- Master of Science (Life Science) – Full Time (2 years): 9,185.00 – Rs 82665
Brickfields Asia College (BAC) has established itself as the Fastest & Smartest Way to UK Law & Business degrees.
BAC’s students have swept multiple World and National Awards at pre-university, university and post graduate levels over the past three years.
The college’s A-level students, Amanda Kong Hwei Zhen and Judith Pretha received the Cambridge Learner Awards for the Best Student in the World for Law for 2013 and 2012 respectively, while Sharon Lau Foong Yee received the Cambridge Learner Awards for the Best Student in the World for Business Studies.
BAC students also secured 70 First Class Honours (LLB) degrees over the past 3 years from the partner universities.
Since 2005, BAC’s CLP students secured every Tun Hamid Omar Foundation Award for Best Overall Student as well as 50 out of 62 Book Prizes and 51 out of 63 Second Uppers awarded.
In 2013, BAC opened its new RM110 million campus in Petaling Jaya which has provided an engaging experience for students looking to have a balance between studying and leading a fun student life.
This campus houses the Brickfields Business School which offers degree programmes in business management, business accounting, finance and dual honours such as Business and Law, Business and Marketing and Business and Economics.
BAC was awarded the Brand Laureate Best Brand in Legal Education for 2012 and 2013 as well as the SME Recognition Award 2013 for Service Excellence.
In 2014, BAC was awarded the SME Corporate Social Responsibility Excellence Award and the SME 100 Award honouring Malaysia’s Fast Moving Companies.
These awards are testament to BAC’s commitment to making every student’s educational experience at the college an enjoyable, rewarding and successful one.
Partners & Affiliates
BAC currently has partnerships and affiliations with over 20 foreign universities and professional organisations, offering its students access to over 100 world-class Law and Business degrees and professional qualifications that can be completed either locally or abroad.
The BAC Advantage – 10 Reasons to Study @ BAC
- Proven Track Record – Over 400 World and National Top Students, Book Prize Winners, 1st Class and 2nd Uppers over the past 3 years.
- World-Class Qualifications -Choose from a wide range of qualifications offered by world- class universities and professional bodies.
- Outstanding Faculty – BAC’s highly-qualified and industry experienced lecturers have been guiding students to produce exceptional results for over two decades.
- Graduate Faster -Fast track routes which allow for dual qualifications to be completed in a significantly shorter time frame.
- State-of-the-art Facilities – Electronically-connected campuses with modern classroom facilities, well equipped libraries, computer labs and student resource centres with moot courts, gyms, dance studios, swimming pool, restaurants, cafés and accommodation.
- Free Books & Study Materials – Free textbooks, study manuals, statute books, revision guides, past year questions and answers are provided along with other relevant course materials.
- Service Excellence – BAC has a history of providing the best possible support for students from providing career advice and guidance to student support services
- BAC Gives Back – BAC places its corporate social responsibility (CSR) as a priority by giving back to society through its CSR programmes.
- Scholarships & Financial Aid – Scholarships, PTPTN loans, instalment schemes, 0% interest instalment payment plans and EPF withdrawals are available.
- Strategically Located – BAC’s campuses in KL and PJ are easily accessible by LRT, Monorail, KTM Komuter, buses as well as other public transportation.
- Certificate in Legal Practice
- Arbitration Programme
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Management
- HR Management
- International Business
- Mass Communications
- Public Relations
- Professional Plus (ProPlus) Series
- Corporate Administration
- Corporate Counsel Programme
- The MasterClass (MC) Series
Monster Fit – Health & Fitness Club
- Monster Fit – Health & Fitness Club
- Belly Dance
- Body Alignment
- Body Sculpt
- Dance to Fit
- Gym Intro Class
- Spinning Class
BAC Student Hostels are a mere 10 minutes walking distance from the campus and within close proximity of restaurants, grocery stores, food courts and banks for the convenience of the students.
KL Central Station (Malaysia’s main transportation hub) is located 10 minutes away from the residences, giving students access to all major forms of public transportation for greater mobility.
BAC also operates a free Shuttle Service, which runs 7 days a week and connects these residences to the college.
The Mansion, an exciting new development with RM50 million being invested by BAC. This new accommodation centre will offer an additional 500 beds to meet the high demand for affordable accommodation amongst BAC students.
These luxurious condominium units come with a gymnasium and a BBQ area. In addition, they are also fitted with 24-hour CCTV surveillance and an access card system.
General Facilities Provided :
– Air Conditioning – Study Table & Chair
– Shower Heater – LCD TV & DVD Player
– Dining Table – Gymnasium
– Laundrette – Lounge Area
– Microwave Oven – Wardrobe
– Fridge – Cleaning Services*
– 24 Hour Security
*Cleaning is only provided for common areas such as
the living room, kitchen, dining area and walkway.
The Mansion, an exciting new development will cater for an additional 500 beds to meet the high demand for affordable accommodation amongst BAC students.
WHY HELP UNIVERSITY?
HELP University College has developed into the leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with a firmly established international reputation among universities, research organizations, scholars, business and corporate leaders and governments in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
HELP is internationally-recognised for its high and uncompromising standards evident from its partnerships with renowned universities in the world such as the London School of Economics, University of Birmingham and Cardiff University in the UK; the top 4 Australian universities i.e. University of Queensland, University of Melbourne and Australian National University; U.S. universities such as Pepperdine University and American University (Washington DC).
Malaysia is very quickly gaining a reputation in the Asia-Pacific region as a centre of educational excellence that offers students the opportunity to earn international degrees from sought after universities in Australia, Canada, UK and USA.
In addition to HELP University degree programs, HELP also conducts the entire degree program in Malaysia for the foreign universities in UK and joint degree with Australia, with the latter awarding the degree qualifications.
This arrangement is known as the ‘3+0’ program. The benefit of such an arrangement is the significant cost savings involved without any compromise in the quality and recognition of the degree attained.
The degrees are similar in value and quality whether obtained through study on campus or through the ‘3+0’ arrangement.
WHY HELP IS YOUR FIRST CHOICE
- Strong faculty with proven leadership, academic and research excellence.
- Excellent outcomes for students’ career and professional success.
- Benchmarked against global academic standards.
- Employability at the global level.
- Fully accredited by the Government and partner universities in UK, US, Australia and NZ.
- Endorsed and accredited by professional bodies.
- Joint and double degrees, in addition to HE LP programs.
- International acceptance of HE LP degrees for credit articulation up to PhD level.
- Visiting scholars and professionals for transfer of leading-edge skills and knowledge.
- Research driven teaching
- Updated wifi/blended learning facilitie
- Strong industrial and professional internships
- Study and exchange schemes abroad (Europe, US , Japan, Korea)
- Scholarships and generous financial assistance (30% – 50% Scholarship available for this September intake).
- Good teaching and learning pedagogy.
- Cosmopolitian learning ambience, with students from 80 countries
- Faculty with qualifications from top universities (MIT , Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College, ANU ).
- Wide choice of program and subject options.
- Access to worldwide digital libraries and partner university libraries online
- Student engagement with community and leadership programs
- PTA and faculty shared reviews and briefings: tracking results and improvements.
- Career counselling and networks with top industries and companies
- Pastoral care for students’ physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Admission counseling.
- Student placement centre.
- Location in metropolitan KL,with acccess to good facilites and infrastructure.
- Accommodation: HE LP University Residence in exclusive Damansara Heights.
- Student exchange from overseas: US , Asia, Europe, Australia, NZ.
- Top Awards from London Edexcel GCE A-Levels for the highest scores in specific subjects (Law, Accounting, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English Literature).
- BSc First Class Honours degrees from the University of London.
- Scholarships from the University of Queensland.
- University of Queensland Dean’s Commendations for High Achievement.
- LLB First Class Honours degrees from Aberystwyth, Leeds, Liverpool,Cardiff and other top universities.
- Out of 50 1 Malaysia Scholarships for top A scores country-wide in UEC exams
- Scholarships from the University of Melbourne.
- First Class Honours from the University of East London.
- HELP Matriculation Centre students won scholarships and graduated with First Class Honours from universities in UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- Hwang-DBS Investment Management Scholarships Hwang-DBS Corporate Scholarships.
- Years’ record as Malaysian Association of Private Colleges & Universities (MAPCU) Sports Champions
- More than 500 recipients of the School Achievement Scholarship Awards.
- HELP students have received scholarships to study at top universities like Cambridge, Oxford,LSE, Harvard, Chicago, Princeton, HKUST, ANU, Sydney, Queensland.
- HELP students have received scholarships from JPA, GIC Singapore, Bank Negara, Maybank, Maxis, Khazanah, Shell, Securities Commission and many others CIMB Trading Competition First.
- Runner-Up: 4 Bachelor of Business. Students emerged as 1st runner-up at the CIMB Trading Competition (beating Nottingham and Monash Universities).
- HELP 1st year Business Student Daniel Soh was the 2nd runner-up in the Budding Value Investor Award 2011 organised by I-Capital (after the London School of Economics and University of Malaya).
- HELP University’s main block campus is situated along Jalan Johar, Kuala Lumpur.
- HELP University’s new Green Technology Campus which will accommodate approximately 13,000 students will be situated on a 24 acre land in Subang
The campus will be built in three phases, with the first one slated to be completed in 2013.
The campus will be HELP University’s first fully integrated campus, which will include a Learning Resource Centre, Chancellery, auditoriums, exhibition halls, student accommodation, recreational facilities, including a football field, swimming pool, a gym, courts, and a facilities room.
It will also be able to accommodate approximately 2,000 cars in the underground car park.
Situated approximately 25 minutes away from the city centre, the campus is easily accessible by major highways.
There is ample accommodation available in the vicinity of HELP for students who need it. The Student Accommodation Department assists students in seeking suitable accommodation in HELP’s student apartments or in residential areas in the local community
CRAFTING A UNIQUE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
TO FACILITATE SUCCESS
Supporting our academic programmes is a whole network of state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, learning resources and electronic databases and science labs that exceed industrial norms and even enable our students to research and develop cutting-edge applications, eg in mobile communication, that enable them to win coveted prizes offered by industry leaders.
Help’s new campus in the vicinity of Kompleks Pejabat Damansara with its landscaped and environmentally friendly features will further increase and enhance HELP’s facilities and capability to provide quality education. These additional facilities and features, coupled to the impetus provided by our upgraded university status, will enhance HELP’s capability to reach greater heights of achievement and excellence.
HELP has extensive computing resources for its students. These include:
- Hewlett Packard, Dell and Siemens computers, networked to a 128Kbps leased line, a 2Mbps leased line and a 1.5Mbps satellite linkup for Internet and interactive video learning and email.
- 2 Enterprise Digital Alpha servers, which include peripherals and connectivity, representing a million-ringgit investment in our Education Management System. These servers are designed for wired and wireless network environments and run on a Windows operating system.
- 10 computer laboratories (including 2 multimedia and internet labs) with approximately 400 computers to serve the student population in terms of curricular requirements, assignments and research.
- 8 incubator laboratories to cater for project requirements of our IT students and for research and development.
- State-of-the-art Power Macintosh G4 laboratory.
A web-based scheduling and communication system for students to have online access to subject enrolment, outstanding fees, results, timetables, message board and e-trade.
LIBRARY AND THE LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE
The Library & Resource Centre provides ideal facilities and space for work and study.
It has a collection of over 40,000 books and periodical titles classified according to the Library of Congress Classification Scheme.
The materials in the collection are closely related to courses taught in the various programs and are continuously updated. In addition to a strong collection of prescribed texts, a wide range of supplementary texts and research materials are acquired to support the research and teaching function.
- Business, Commerce & Economics – HELP University Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (International Business) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Management (Hons)
- Bachelor of Banking (Hons)
- Bachelor of Economics (Hons)
- Business, Commerce & Economics – Australian Degree
- University of Queensland (2+1 or 1+2)
- University of Melbourne (1+2)
- Australian National University (1 + 2)
- Griffith University (2+1)
- Deakin University (2+1)
- University of South Australia (1 ½ + 1 ½)
- Curtin University of Technology (1 ½+ 1 ½)
- Edith Cowan University (2+1)
- Business & Economics – UK Degree Programs
- University of London (External Programme)
- BSc Economics & Management Hons
- BSc Accounting & Finance Hons
- BSc Banking & Finance Hons
- BSc Business Hons
- BSc Economics Hons
- University of East London (3 + 0)
- BA (Hons) Business Administration
- BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- University of West of England, Bristol (2 + 1)
- Oxford Brookes University (2+1)
- Middlesex University (2+1)
- University of Derby (2 + 1)
- Information Technology & Computing – HELP University Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
- BSc (Hons) Games & Interactive Media
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Business Information Management) (Hons)
- Information Technology & Computing – Australian Degree Programs
University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology (2 + 1)
- BEng (Computer Systems (2 + 2)
- BEng (Software Engineering) (2 + 2)
University of Swinburne
- Bachelor of Science (Information Technology) (2+1)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (1+2)
University of Wollongong
- Bachelor of Information Technology (2+1)
Information Technology & Computing – UK Degree Programs
- University of East London
BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems (2+1)
- Liverpool John Moores University
BSc (Hons) Computing & Information System (2.5+ 0.5)
- Northumbria University
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Business Information System Management
- MSc Computer Network Technology
- University of West of England. Bistol (2 +1)
- BSc (Hons) Computing
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology
Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
Finders-HELP join degree
Bachelor of Psychological Science (Hons)
Australia/New Zealand Degree Program
- Australia National University (ANU) (2+1)
- Curtin University of Technology, Perth (2+1)
- University of South Australia, Adelaide (2 +1)
- Flinders University, Adelaide (2+1)
- University of Ballarat, Victoria (2+1)
- Deakin University, Melbourne (2+1)
- Swinburne University of Technology (2+1)
- University of Queensland, Brisbane (1.5 +2)
- University Adelaide (1+2)
- Macquarie University, Sydney (1+2)
- Monash University , Melbourne(1+2)
- Murdoch University, Perth (1+2)
- La Trobe University (1+2)
- University of Otaga, New Zealand (1+2)
- British Degree Program
Cardiff University, Wales (1+2)
University of Sheffield (1+2)
University of Leeds (1+2)
University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield (1+2) & (2+1)
University of Manchester (1+2)
University of West of England, Bistol (1+2) or (2+1)
Northumbria University, Newcastle (1+2)
University of Bedfordshire, Luton (1+2) or (2 +1)
Dublin Business School, Dublin (1+2)
Middlesex University, London (1.5+1)
University of East London, Essex (1 +2) or (2+1)
US Degree Program
American Uni (Washington D C), Uni of Oregon, Pepperdine Uni, Uni of Mississippi, Uni of Oklahoma, DePaul Uni, Upper Iowa University, Bemidji State University, Central Michigan Uni, Iowa State Uni, and 40 other US universities
BA/ BSc Psychology (2 + 2 or 3 + 1)
- HELP Bachelor of Laws (HELP LLB)
- UK Degree Transfer Programs (Law)
- University of Leeds (2 + 1) or (1+2)
- University of Liverpool (2 + 1) or (1+2)
- Aberystwyth University (2 + 1) or (1+2)
- University of West of England, Bristol (2 + 1) or (1+2)
- University of Northumbria (2 + 1) or (1+2)
- University of Hertfordshire (2 + 1) or (1+2)
- Cardiff University (1 + 2) or (2+1)
- University of Manchester (1 + 2)
- University of Sheffield (1 + 2)
American Degree Transfer Programs
- Mass Communication
- Actuarial Science
- Information Technology
- Business Administration
- Biotechnology & Biomedical Engineering
- Engineering & Natural Sciences
Indiana University – Purdue University, Indianapolis, Pepperdine Uni, Iowa State Uni, American Uni (Washington D C), Michigan Tech Uni, DePaul Uni, University of San Francisco, Upper Iowa University, Bemidji State University, Drexel University, Montana State University, Towson University and 80 other US universities
Credit Transfer Arrangement to America, Canada, Australia or New Zealand (2 + 2 or 3 + 1)
University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (2+2) or (1+4) Co—op program
Drake University, Towson University, Central Michigan University, DePaul University, Indiana University South Bend, Iowa State University, Michigan Technological University, Northern Arizona University, St Cloud State University, St Norbert College, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Credit Transfer Arrangement to America (2 + 2)
Indiana University – Purdue University, Indianapolis, Iowa State University, Michigan Tech University, Montana State University, St Cloud State University, University of Missouri-St Louis, Drexel University, and University of Windsor (Canada)
Credit Transfer Arrangement to America
Early Childhood Education
Bachelor in Early Childhood Education
Hospitality Management & Tourism
Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) (Hons)
Bachelor of Tourism Management (Hons)
Mass Communication – HELP University Degree Programs
Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies) (Hons)
Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations) (Hons)
Bachelor of Communication (Marketing Communication) (Hons)
Mass Communication – Australia Degree Programs
Charles Sturt University
BA (Communication-Advertising) (2+1)
BA (Communication-Public Relations & Organizational Communication) (2+1)
Bachelor of Communication (1+2)
UK Degree Programs
University of Liverpool John Moores University
Bachelor of Mass Communication (2 + summer semester program)
University of Hertfordshire
Bachelor of Mass Communication (Media Culture) (2+1)
Bemidji State University
Grand Valley State University
Iowa State University
State University of New York
University of IIIinois – Urbana Champaign
University of Minnesota
University of Missouri
University of Wisconsin
Postgraduate – HELP University College
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Executive Management
- Master of Managerial Psychology
- Master of Entrepreneurship
- Master of Counselling
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Master in Accounting & Finance
- Master of Economic Crime Management
- Master of Corporate Governance
- Master of Project Management
- Master in Applied Psychology in Coaching
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting
- Doctorate of Business Administration
Programs Offered at HELP CAT
- Pre-University Studies Programs
- HELP Foundation Studies in Science
- HELP Foundation Studies in Business
- GCE A- Levels (Science/Arts)
- Professional Studies Programs
CAT (Certified Accounting Technician)
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accounting)
HELP CAT Diploma Programs
- Diploma in Business
- Diploma in Accountancy
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Business Information Systems
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
Programs Offered at HELP CAT
Southern New Hampshire University 4+0 Degree programs (United States of America)
Bachelor of Science (Business Administration)
Bachelor of Science (International Business)
Bachelor of Science (Marketing)
Bachelor of Arts (Communication)
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- APPLICATION FEES: RM 1,000
- EMGS Processing Fee: RM 1,050
- EMGS Medical Screening Fee: RM 250
- EMGS Medical Insurance Fee: RM 500
RENT: RS 5500 PER MONTH INCLUDING WIFI, WATER BILL, LAUNDRY – 7KG AND EXCLUDING ELECTRICITY CHARGES.
It is very affordable to study for an International Degree at HELP University Course fees per annum range from RM19,800 (USD6,600) to RM24,200 (USD8,067)per annum
As for cost of living is range between RM14, 400 (USD4, 800) to RM18, 000 (USD6, 000) per annum, depending on student’s living lifestyle and requirements.
Scholarship & bursaries are available.
Why choosing University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus?
- “Nottingham is the nearest Britain has to a truly global university, with campuses in China and Malaysia modelled on a headquarters that is among the most attractive in Britain.”
- The Times Good University Guide 2013 The University of Nottingham is one of the world’s best universities, distinguished for its commitment to learning and world-class research.
- The University of Nottingham offers over 400 degree programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, including taught (BA/BSc etc, MA/MSc) and research (MPhil, PhD) degrees, across the following Faculties: • Arts • Engineering • Medicine and Health Sciences • Sciences • Social Sciences (including the Business School)
- The University of Nottingham was placed in the top 1% of all universities worldwide in the QS World University Rankings 2012/13, with a ranking of 72nd in the world.
- Nottingham was also placed 9th in the UK by the established Shanghai Jiao Tong World Rankings 2013. Both these tables rate the University as one of the Top 100 universities in the world.
- The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus is an overseas campus of the University of Nottingham. The university is situated in Semenyih, Selangor, a town part of Greater Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The university has been ranked as “excellent” or tier 5 in a scale of tier 1-6 and is classified as a private institution, by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. Ranked in the top 100 Universities worldwide, the University of Nottingham is also regarded as the UK’s most global University and we are noted for our pioneering campus developments in both Malaysia and China.
- The University of Nottingham is ranked within the top one per cent of all universities worldwide and it is recognized internationally for its world leading research. The University has 4 campuses and a Medical School in the UK, namely University Park Campus, Jubilee Campus, Sutton Bonington Campus, King’s Meadow Campus and a Medical School as part of the Queen’s Medical Centre. Malaysia Campus is a friendly, vibrant and multi-cultural community of students and staff. Located close to the town of Semenyih on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, it provides purpose built facilities for teaching and research, for social and sporting activities along with a range of student accommodation, both onsite and nearby. Offer a range of study opportunities| from foundation level courses through to doctoral degrees. A broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are available from 20 different specialist schools and departments across the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Engineering and Science|. We host a community of around 5000 students from over 70 different countries worldwide who work with and receive a world-class higher education experience from leading academics in their field.
- The campus provides excellent teaching, learning and research facilities including a well equipped library, dedicated study areas and computer, language, and science and engineering laboratories. The Graduate School provides dedicated support for postgraduate students and early career researchers. Students have access to a great range of leisure and well-being facilities including a purpose built sports complex and a superb swimming pool. Gym, pool and other recreational facilities. Prayer facilities available 24 hours a day. Food, cafes and shops on campus. University service looking after student health & welfare. There is no direct public transportation connected to the university, other than that of university shuttle buses commuting between the campus and Kajang railway station. Shuttle bus services are offered free as a university incentive to provide greener sustainable transport and to alleviate on-campus parking issues. However, shuttle bus services are by regulations restricted to students and staff of the university. The nearest public bus route is at the nearest town of Semenyih, approximately 3 km from campus. The university also provides other free bus services such as bus services to the nearby Tesco super store, special bus service to the Semenyih mosque for Friday prayers, and a shuttle bus service for students living in the student town of Taman Tasik Semenyih or Semenyih Lake Park. A pedestrian bridge connects the neighbouring Taman Tasik Semenyih to the North entrance. There are also numerous student societies and clubs and a very active Student Association.
- The innovative “Nottingham Advantage Award” is offered to students to enable to further enhance their employability skills and support them in their career development. Being a satellite campus of the University of Nottingham, students are taught with the same course materials as those in the UK and in China and are under the jurisdiction of the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Upon completing a degree at the Malaysia campus, students are awarded a University of Nottingham degree certificate which is indistinguishable from the certificates awarded at the Nottingham campus. The degrees that are awarded are accredited by international professional bodies such as the Association of MBAs and the UK Engineering Council. The excellent Engineering Degree courses are accredited by the Board of Engineering Malaysia (BEM).
- The university’s career office and the Wall Street Society co-organized numerous company talks and at least one career fair each year. The career office also organized workshops to teach students how to present themselves during interviews, how to write a winning CV etc. Many of its graduates join some of the most prestigious companies located in Kuala Lumpur, such as CIMB, MayBank,P&G, Shell, Affin Investment Bank, Securities Commission, Accenture, Roland Berger, Boston Consulting Group and Nestle.
- Foundation programmes available at the University: • Foundation in Arts • Foundation in Business & Management • Foundation in Engineering • Foundation in Science Undergraduate & Postgraduate programmes available at the University: Faculty of Engineering Chemical & Environmental Engineering Civil Engineering Electrical & Electronic Engineering Mechanical, Materials & Manufacturing Engineering Faculty of Science Biomedical Sciences Biosciences Computer Science Geography Pharmacy Psychology Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences Applied Psychology Business (NUBS) Economics (NSE) Education English Modern Languages & Cultures Politics, History & International Relations Centre for English Language Education Department of Co-Curricular Activities Tuition fees 2015/2016 per year Foundation course – RM 17,900 Undergraduate course: – ranging from RM 30,280 – RM 50,000 depending upon course. Postgraduate course: ranging from RM 38,040 – RM 60,000 depending upon course. Applicants must have graduated from an approved university. Other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. MBA – 1 year full time – RM 59740 (Rs 597400) MBA Finance – 1 year full time – RM 59740 (Rs 597400) MSc International Business – 1 year full time – RM 47690 (Rs 476900) MSc Civil Engineering – 1 year full time – RM 49900 (Rs 499000) MSc Mechanical Engineering – 1 year full time – RM 49900 (Rs 499000) Scholarships The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus grants scholarships to deserving and academically excellent students in recognition of their achievements. Applicants are selected based on their academic achievements, leadership qualities and the socio-economic status of their family. A scholarship equivalent to 25% reduction of the tuition fee is automatically awarded to students who have obtained the following results in the various examinations: General criteria A-level: 3A’s, excluding General Studies IB: 36 points and above Accommodation fees 2015 – 2016 Room type Room Rates Per Month Deluxe single with en suite bathroom with A/C RM850 per student Single, with en suite bathroom with A/C RM680 per student Single, with shared en suite bathroom with A/C RM615 per student Single, with shared-bathroom in 5-room flat with A/C RM585 per student Single, with shared en suite bathroom no A/C RM510 per student Single, shared-bathroom in 5-room flat no A/C RM480 per student Double-decker, shared en suite bathroom with A/C RM470 per student Twin-share in 6-bed flat RM455 per student Double-decker, shared en suite bathroom no A/C RM415 per student Four, shared-bedroom (Quad) RM395 per student LIVING COST per year is approximately Rs 150,000 – Rs 200,000
• Xiamen University Malaysia Campus (XMUMC) is the first overseas campus set up by a renowned Chinese university and the first Chinese university branch campus in Malaysia.
• Located in the vicinity of Bandar Kota Warisan, Sepang, Selangor, it’s just 15 minutes ride from the country’s administrative center of Putrajaya or 45 km southwest of Kuala Lumpur.
• It is built on an area of 150 acres with a planned total floor space of 470,000 square meters.
• XMUMC aspires to become a university with a distinct global outlook, which features first-class teaching and research, and embraces cultural diversity.
• With the exception of Chinese Studies and Traditional Chinese Medicine, the medium of instruction for all other programmes is English.
Why choose XMUM
• Campus – a purpose-built campus occupying an area of 150 acres with an estimated total investment of RM 1.3 billion
• Academic Staff – 80% of our academic staff are doctoral degree holders; one third of our academic staff are seconded from XMU China, while the rest are recruited from Malaysia and other countries.
• Class size – small class size with a student to teacher of 15:1.
• Tuitionfee_ affordable, ranging from RM 12,000 -24,000 per year.
• Financial aids – merit-based scholarships are available;study grants are given out to needy students whose family income is below RM 3,000 per month or who face other hardships.
• Study abroad Opportunities – student exchanges or internships in China.
• Further studies – opportunities to pursue postgraduate studies at XMUM or XMU China.
• Recognition of qualifications – XMUM degrees are recognised internationally, including in China and Malaysia.
• Science & social Science
• Chinese Studies
• International Business
• Computer Science and Technology
• Software Engineering
• Digital Media Technology
• New Energy Science & Engineering
• Traditional Chinese Medicine
• Marine Biotechnology
• Chemical Engineering
• Electrical & Electronic Engineering
• Xiamen Univeristy Malaysia provides on-campus accommodation to all registered students.
• Students are encouraged to live in campus dormitories, as living on campus fosters a spirit of cooperation and camaraderie that develops into lifelong friendships, and facilitates participation in extra-curricular activities through various cultural, recreational and social programmes.
• Single room with en-suite bathroom RM560 – RM 620 per month
• Single room with shared bathroom – RM 520 – RM 580 per month.
• Twin sharing room with en-suite bathroom RM340 per student per month
• Internet WI-FI connection in every room
• An air-conditioner in every room
• A common kitchen on each floor equipped with a microwave oven, a refrigerator, etc.
• A laundry room
• A car parking area
• A five-floor student activity centre beside the dormitory, including a canteen, a shop, a gym, a table tennis room, a gymnastics room, a martial arts room, a yoga room, a swimming pool, a cafe and lounge, prayer rooms, etc.
Swinburne University – Discover a world class Australian Education in Malaysia through OVEC
Why Choose Swinburne Sarawak?
Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus is the foreign branch campus of Swinburne University of Technology (Melbourne, Australia) located in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Established in 2000, Swinburne Sarawak operates as a partnership between the Sarawak State Government and Swinburne Australia.
The initiative behind the Sarawak campus is part of a long term strategy by Swinburne Australia to “globalize its operations and provide its students with international living, working and learning opportunities”.
The Swinburne Sarawak campus operates as a full-fledged branch campus, joining five other Swinburne campuses in Melbourne, Australia, and is under the academic control of Swinburne’s Higher Education Division in Australia. Courses offered are identical to those available in Melbourne and graduates are awarded Australian testamurs.
Swinburne’s Sarawak campus is situated in Kuching. The capital city of the state of Sarawak, Kuching has been described as one of the most liveable and attractive cities in the region.
Home to just over 600,000 people, one thing most visitors notice about the city is its greenery and clean environment. This is not surprising as it is modelled as a garden city.
Travelling within Kuching is also easy as public transportation is easily available.
There are many places for shopping, dining and entertainment. A large shopping mall is within walking distance from Swinburne Sarawak and is a popular haunt among students from the University.
There is a good choice of coffee bars, restaurants and cafes serving local as well as Western and other Asian cuisines. Cineplexes show the latest Hollywood hits while lounge bars are popular among locals and tourists alike.
Its current student population of more than 3,500 is expected to reach 5,000 by 2013. Apart from Malaysia, its students hail from more than 40 countries, making it a truly international university.
Only 15 minutes from the Kuching city centre and nestled within commercial and residential areas, the campus offers undergraduate degrees in engineering, science, commerce/business, ICT and design. These are identical to those programs offered by its home campus in Melbourne and parchments are awarded by Swinburne Australia.
Also available are postgraduate research programs at PhD and Masters Level in these disciplines.
Others include one-year foundation programs in business, design, engineering/science and IT/multimedia as well as diploma programs in engineering and business which articulate into degrees. A range of English language proficiency programs are also available.
Students may complete their degrees entirely in Kuching or transfer to complete them at one of our campuses in Melbourne.
Applied vocational emphasis and direct placements in industry are a feature of many Swinburne’s undergraduate courses. The focus on practical training is an integral part of the program structure and the University is well known for producing graduates that are employment-ready.
Swinburne Sarawak maintains a strong technology base and important links with industry. It aspires to be a research intensive university and is developing its research capability with a focus on areas relevant to industry. With state-of-the-art facilities, it conducts research including those in information security, biotechnology, mechatronics and software engineering.
Swinburne Sarawak is the only international branch university campus of Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia.
Our curriculum is sourced directly from our home campus in Melbourne. This means the programs we offer are identical. Swinburne has been in existence for more than a hundred years and is well known in Australia for its practical career-oriented programs and close links to industry.
On completion of your degree studies, your parchment will be awarded by Swinburne Australia.
Professionally accredited programs
Many of our programs have been accredited and recognised by professional bodies such as CPA Australia, ACCA, Institution of Engineers Australia, Board of Engineers Malaysia and the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Our academics are highly qualified and experienced. Comprising Malaysians and international staff, many of our academics hold PhDs and Masters and bring with them many years of experience from industry.
Student exchange program
Undergraduate students may apply to take part in an exchange program, for a term or two, to our Australian campuses or partner universities around the world at Malaysian cost.
Although you can complete your studies entirely at the Sarawak Campus, you may transfer to our Melbourne campuses to complete them subject to meeting the appropriate criteria.
Australian education at Malaysian cost
You will find that it is affordable to pursue tertiary education at Swinburne Sarawak as the fees are only a fraction of the cost of studying in Australia.
Ideal study destination
Kuching is well known for its relaxed atmosphere and friendly people. Its good infrastructure in education, communication, banking and transportation make it an ideal destination for living and pursuing higher education.
Courses and Tuition fees per year:
- Bachelor of Business – RM 25080
- Bachelor of Accounting & Finance – RM 25080
- Bachelor of Marketing – RM 25080
- Bachelor of Management – RM 25080
- Bachelor of Human Resources Management – RM 25080
- Bachelor of Design (Multimedia) – RM 32240
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) – RM 32240
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) (Honours) – RM 32240
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic) – RM 32240
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours) – RM 32240
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics and Mechatronics) (Honours) – RM 32240
- Swinburne Foundation Studies (Information, Technology, Multimedia) – RM 20250
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology – RM 25080
- Bachelor of Computer science – RM 25080
- Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) – RM 34000
- Master of Arts (Teaching English to Speakers) – RM 38,880
- Master of Business Administration – RM 47,360
- The cost of living in Kuching is affordable although this depends on your lifestyle. As a guide, the monthly expenditure starts from a minimum of about RM 1,200 to RM 2,000.
- Accomodation – RM 4200 – Rm 12000
- Food – RM 6000 – RM 8000
- Books and course related equipment – RM 3000
- Yearly Total – Rm 13200 – RM 23000
- Monthly Total – RM 1100 – RM 1920
- Australian Curriculum
The curriculum at the Sarawak campus is sourced directly from Swinburne Australia and has therefore been rigorously vetted for quality prior to its accreditation in Australia.
- Academic Advisory Board
This board is made up of key academics leaders from both the Sarawak campus as well as Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.
Highly qualified and experienced academics are appointed by the Pro Vice-Chancellor. A significant number of our academics hold PhDs and Masters, and have had industry experience in their field of expertise.
Examinations are moderated by Swinburne, Australia academic staff to regulate the setting and marking of examinations.
- Student Exchange Program
Swinburne Student Exchange Program offers selected current degree students from the Sarawak campus (those in the second year onwards) an unmatched opportunity to enrich their tertiary learning experience in Melbourne at Malaysian costs.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Swinburne aims to become a renowned centre for entrepreneurship and innovation, which will be a hallmark of everything we do. We will prepare our graduates to participate in the new economy and society of the 21st Century and heighten your awareness of, and capacity to make the choice between employment and self-employment.
Swinburne is committed to an ongoing process of internationalization. We seek to be held in high regard globally, have an international focus in all we do, an international culture and outlook. We aim to be a university that equips its graduates to thrive in an increasingly globalised environment, and to achieve a balance between the academic, social, economic, ethical and environmental dimensions of internationalization.
- Industry-Based Learning (IBL)
In 1963 Swinburne University of Technology in Australia pioneered Industry-Based Learning (IBL), a program that trains students by placing them within the industry during their undergraduate study. Students have an option to complete six to 12 months of IBL relevant to their course of study within the industry. Engineering students are also required to undergo a compulsory Professional Experience in Engineering, a cumulative equivalent of 12 weeks full-time industry experience.