NANJING UNIVERSITY OF INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
• Located on the north of Yangtse River and in the heart of the Industrial Zone of Nanjing High Technology, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology
• Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, formerly the Meteorology College of Nanjing University, was established in 1960 by the China Meteorological Administration, and then changed the name into Nanjing Institute of Meteorology in May, 1963.
• NUIST is the oldest institution of higher learning of meteorology science in China.
• The administration of NUIST was handed over from China Meteorological Administration to Jiangsu province in February, 2000.
• Its present name of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology (NUIST) was adopted in May, 2004 with authorization by Jiangsu Government and the Ministry of Education of PRC.
• NUIST offers Associate, Bachelor, Master and Doctorate degree programs in areas including Atmospheric Science, Information Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Engineering, management, literature, economics, laws and agriculture.
• At autumn 2013 more than 200 foreign students from 43 countries were studying at NUIST.
Chinese Language Program
Chinese Cultural program
English Medium Degree Programs
Bachelor degree – 4 years
• Software Engineering
• International Economy and Trade
• Electronic Information Engineering
Masters degree – 2 years
• Business Management
• Computer Science and Technology
• Environment Science
Undergraduate: 15,000 per year
Master: 20,000 per year
Doctoral: 25,000 per year
Chinese Government Scholarship
Confucius Institute Scholarship
Jiangsu Jasmine Government Scholarship
NUIST Excellent International Students Scholarship
NUIST International Students Specialized Scholarship
• Founded in 1947 as Guandong Medical College, Dalian Medical University has developed into a multi-disciplinary medical university located in the coastal city-Dalian.
• As the biggest harbor city in Northeast China region, Dalian is an important international shipping center, logistics center and financial center in Northeast Asia.
• Owning excellent environment and temperate climate, Dalian was firstly listed as the “Best Tourist Cities” of China.
• In 2009, it was recognized by UNEP and awarded the highest prize of international garden city by IFPRA.
• Dalian Medical University is the largest medical university in China which enrolls the most international students, as much as 1300 from 82 countries in degree programs.
• It occupies an area of 373 acres with building area of 94 acres and contains 22 teaching and scientific research institutions, 5 supplementary teaching organizations, 1 branch college, 1 affiliated medical school, 9 affiliated hospitals (2 are directly affiliated hospitals), over 100 teaching bases, 1 state level International Scitech Cooperation base, 1 ministerial level research institution, 1 ministerial level lab, 10 provincial level key labs, 1 provincial level engineering technology research center and 6 provincial key labs for universities.
• Dalian Medical University offers programs in other fields like science, engineering, management, arts law and philosophy.
• The current number of student reaches 14267, including 269 doctor students, 3987 postgraduates, 8730 undergraduates and 1281 international students.
• Three direct affiliated hospitals serve the city of Dalian with more than 8700 beds.
• The hospital equipment and quality of medical care is in line with international advanced standards.
• The university has one state-level key discipline，40 majors authorized to confer doctoral degrees, 61 majors authorized to confer master degrees, 4 postdoctoral research centers and 20 undergraduate programs.
• In 2013, the university was awarded as national demonstration base of international student by Ministry of Education.
• The university was authorized as one of the first batch 30 universities which can teach undergraduate medical course in English medium.
• Its degrees are recognized by WHO and medical authority organizations of most countries.
• In 2011, 246 international students are admitted to take the Bachelor’s degree programs taught in English or Chinese, which covers Clinical Medicine, Oral Medicine, and Nursing.
• Clinical Medicine is the earliest established discipline in Dalian Medical University with solid foundation and strong academic strength.
• The MBBS program for international students in Dalian Medical University was set in 2004 and in 2007 the MOE declared it as the qualified university to offer English-taught MBBS program.
• The program is open in each spring and autumn, with the same duration and tuition fee. Besides, it can be taught in English and Japanese upon students’ choice.
• According to the framework agreement on degree accreditation between MOE of China and other countries, the degree awarded by Dalian Medical University is recognized in 31 countries.
• In addition, the university also signed agreements with medical associations in Thailand, Ghana, and Sri Lanka.
• The university has carried out the exchange and cooperation in domestic and abroad widely.
• Till now, it has established cooperative relationships with University of Sao Paulo Medical School in Brazil, The University of Adelaide in Australia, the Ohio State University in USA, the University of Groningen in Holland, University of Toyama in Japan, University of Oslo in Norway, BaFuLuoFu State Medicine University in Russia, Dnepropetrovsk National University in Ukraine etc 99 universities or scientific institutions in 38 countries and regions.
• Dalian Medical University is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
Courses offered at Dalian Medical University
Bachelor degree in English medium
Clinical Medicine (MBBS, September Intake )
Clinical Medicine (MBBS, Spring Intake)
Stomatology (BDS in English)
Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Tests and Analyses
Laboratory Medical Science (Clinical Hematology）
Masters degree in English medium (3 years)
Basic Science of Integrative Medicine
Social Medicine and Health Service Management
Nutrition and Food Hygiene Toxicology
Chinese Interal Medicine
Clinical Science of Integrative Medicine
Neurology (in English)
Clinical Science of Stomatology
Microbial and Biochemical Pharmacy
Laboratory Medical Science(Clinical Hematology)
• Dalian Medical University has two campuses, both two in Dalian city.
• The main campus is in 9 Western Section, Lvshun South Street, Lvshunkou District, where overseas students live; the other is in Zhongshan District. Apartment for International Students is in main campus, the accommodation’s price is approximately 27 RMB/Day.
• Unnecessary to book in advance
• Renting outside campus is not allowed
• 24 hour check-in service
• Moving in one month before semester begins is not allowed
The Main Campus
• Both Degree students and Language students are accepted by Dalian Medical University in same apartments.
• The main campus in Lvshunkou District is in the southwest of Dalian and far away from the downtown.
• #2 Building is for male students, #19 is for female students.
• All rooms are equipped with wardrobe, desk, chair, equipped bed with bedding, television, bathroom, heater, internet, telephone.
• The University of Manitoba is a public university in the province of Manitoba, Canada.
• Located in Winnipeg and founded in 1877, it was Western Canada’s first university.
• The university maintains a reputation as a top research-intensive post-secondary educational institution and conducts more research annually than any other university in the region.
• Our energetic university community is comprised of close to 30,000 students, over 8,900 faculty and staff, and 138,000 alumni in 137 countries. Over 16 per cent of our current students are international, representing 115 countries.
• The University of Manitoba is located on Anishinabe and Metis traditional land and is home to a thriving community of Indigenous researchers, staff and more than 2,000 First Nations, Metis and Inuit students, including over 3,580 graduate students — one of the largest Indigenous student bodies in the country.
• It is the largest university both by total student enrollment and campus area in the province of Manitoba, and the 17th largest in all of Canada.
• The university’s raised admissions standards, wide array of professional disciplines, and global outreach have resulted in one of the most diverse student bodies in Western Canada.
• The campus includes both Faculties of Law and Medicine, and boasts hundreds of degree programs.
• As of 2010, there have been 96 Rhodes Scholars from the University of Manitoba, more than from any other university in Western Canada.
• The University of Manitoba has three main locations: the Bannatyne Campus, the Fort Garry Campus and the William Norrie Centre.
• The downtown Bannatyne campus of the university comprises a complex of ten buildings located west of the Health Sciences Centre between McDermot Ave and William Ave in Central Winnipeg.
• This complex houses the medical and dental instructional units of the university.
• The Faculty of Dentistry, the Faculty of Medicine, the School of Medical Rehabilitation, and the School of Dental Hygiene are the major health sciences units located on this campus.
• The Faculty of Pharmacy officially joined the Bannatyne campus with the opening of the 95,000 sq ft (8,800 m2) Apotex Centre on October 16, 2008.
• The Brodie Center is known as the “flagship” which connects all three faculties as well as the Neil John MacLean Health Sciences Library and the Joe Doupe Fitness Centre. It is located on 727 McDermot Avenue.
• The main Fort Garry campus (located on the Red River in south Winnipeg) comprises over 60 teaching and research buildings of the University and sits on 274 hectares (680 acres) of land.
• In addition, Smartpark is the location of seven buildings leased to research and development organizations involving university-industry partnerships. The address is 66 Chancellors Circle.
• The William Norrie Centre on Selkirk Avenue is the campus for social work education for inner-city residents.
• The university operates agricultural research stations near Glenlea and Carman, Manitoba.
• The Ian N. Morrison Research Farm near Carman is a 406 acres (164 ha) facility located 70 km (43 mi) from Winnipeg, while the Glenlea facility is approximately 1,000 acres (405 ha) and located 20 km (12 mi) from Winnipeg.
OPPORTUNITIES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA
• Join the Student Leadership Development Program and connect with other like-minded students who feel empowered to create positive change.
• Support local projects by volunteering with Praxis for programs such as Gowns for Grads, Trick or Eat and Christmas Cheer.
• Travel to destinations like Ecuador, Nicaragua and El Salvador and work on projects relating to community development and social justice.
• Participate in an international exchange program to gain cross-cultural experience and university credit while paying U of M tuition.
• Earn official recognition for your service through volunteer and co-curricular programs.
CO-OP PROGRAMS AND INTERNSHIPS
• Complete your degree while rotating between the classroom and paid work experience.
• You can choose from co-op and internship programs in a variety of disciplines including: agriculture, business, engineering, environmental studies and science.
• International internships will help you gain valuable cross-cultural experience, language training, expose you to international industry and technology, and broaden your network of contacts.
$120 International Applicants
Estimated Costs: Full-time, first year U1 student (30 credit hours)
Actual costs for study at the University of Manitoba will depend on many factors (see residency, program choice and accommodations/lifestyle below).
Tuition – $14,700
Books & Supplies1 – $1,800
Medical Insurance2 – $292
Sport and Recreation Fee – $153
U-Pass3 – $265
Parking Pass (optional) – $560
Residence (optional) – $6,200 – $12,300
Totals – $17,200 – $30,000
• Your time in residence will be one of the most memorable and rewarding parts of your U of M experience.
• Living in residence is about more than the convenience of being minutes away from your classes and labs – it’s about meeting new people and belonging to a unique network that will enhance your education and personal growth.
• The Fort Garry campus is home to six residences, each equipped with furnished rooms and free high-speed Internet.
• Residence living offers meal plans, study spaces, lounges, laundry facilities and parking.
• Our newest residence, Pembina Hall, is a state-of-the-art building that offers single rooms and private washrooms and is home to our Engineering and Healthy.
• Active Living Learning Communities.
• Plus, the rooms have the best view on campus! Each residence has its own unique style, so choose the one that best suits you.
• Be sure to apply early as rooms are allocated on a
• Jiangsu University, situated in a beautiful and well-known historic and cultural city on the southern bank of the Yangtze River – Zhenjiang, is a comprehensive teaching-and-research-type university featuring engineering, one of its five chief fields: engineering, medicine, science, management and humanities.
• Jiangsu Unviersity has an area of over 203 hectares with a total floor space of 1,400,000 square meters.
• At present, Jiangsu University has more than 4500 staff, including 2 Chinese Academy of Science academicians, 5 Chinese Academy of Engineering academician, more than 150 doctoral tutors, more than 300 professors and more than 850 associate professors, and an enrollment of more than 35,000 students, of whom about 6,300 are postgraduates.
• It has 24 schools and colleges, 76 undergraduate programs in the fields of engineering, science, medicine, literature, economics, law, management, education, history.
• It has 6 post-doctoral research stations, 5 primary Ph.D. disciplines, 33 Ph.D. programs, 100 master’s programs, 2 national key disciplines, 1 key laboratory co-sponsored by Jiangsu Province and the Ministry of Education, 10 provincial key disciplines, 11 provincial key laboratories and engineering centers.
• In addition, it runs 16 ME (Master of Engineering) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) programs, one publishing company, Jiangsu University Press, and one affiliated hospital.
• Besides first-rate education services, Jiangsu University will provide first-rate logistic services so that international students can enjoy a pleasant experience in this key university, in Zhenjiang, a famous city with long history and profound culture, and in China, the most charmful country in the 21st century.
• In every year, Jiangsu University also held a variety of cultural activities to help international students enjoy their school life.
BACHELOR DEGREE IN ENGLISH MEDIUM
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
• Business Administration (BA)
• International Economics and Trade (IET)
• Computer Science and Technology (CST)
• Civil Engineering (CE)
• Chemical Engineering and Process (CEP)
• Pharmaceutical Science (PS)
• Food Science and Engineering (PSE)
• Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
• Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
• Chinese Language and Literature
MASTERS DEGREE IN ENGLISH MEDIUM
• Located in Zhenjiang in jiangsu province, in the south of China, Jiangsu University is generally consisted of four campuses: main campus of jiangsu university, MengXi campus, North campus and zhongshan campus.
• All the international students can live in campus, and accommodation is very cheap, just about 20~50 RMB per person a day.
• Unnecessary to book in advance.
• Rent outside campus is not allowed for undergraduates, graduate student should get permission from school before renting outside.
• Offer 24 hours check-in service.
• Moving in before semetser begins is not allowed.
• Hotel in campus: No.
• Pay by year in campus dorm.
• Check-in before semester begins.
The Main Campus
• The address of the main campus of jiangsu university is 301 Xuefu Road, Jiangsu University. Zhenjiang, Jiangsu.
• Non-degree students and Degree students are both welcomed by the university.
• And all the overseas students can live in the Overseas Exchange Building.
Non-degree – 15,000 Yuan (7,800 Yuan/Semester)
Medicine & Arts – 22,000 Yuan Per Year
Science & Engineering – 20,000 Yuan per year
Social Science – 16,000 Yuan
MBA – 60,000 Yuan/two years
Doctoral – 24,000 Yuan to 30,000 Yuan per Year
JU offers many kinds of scholarships to international students:
• Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) – full fee
• Confusions Institute Scholarship – full fee
• Jasmine Scholarship – 20,000 Yuan/year/bachelor degree – 30,000 Yuan/year/Master
• JU Presidential Scholarship – 10,000 Yuan/ Bachelor – 15,000 Yuan/Master
• China Pharmaceutical University (CPU) is a university in Nanjing, China that specializes in the pharmaceutical sciences.
• It is China’s first independent school of pharmacy and has been recognized as one of the best universities of pharmacy in China with a wide variety of specialized areas.
• It is one of the “Project 211” key universities affiliated with the Chinese Ministry of Education.
• Our Pharmacy discipline ranks No. 1 and Traditional Chinese Pharmacy discipline ranks No. 3 according to the latest statistics of the Ministry of Education of China.
• CPU is located in the ancient capital of Nanjing and comprises two campuses including Xuanwumen campus located in downtown Nanjing and Jiangning campus in the southeast outskirts of Nanjing.
• The university is also active in international academic exchanges. It has made academic exchange agreements with higher education institutions in more than 30 countries and regions of the world, including Japan, the United States, UK, Australia, Italy and Hong Kong.
• In addition, it maintains academic relationships with research institutions and universities in more than 40 countries and regions and educated various talents including doctors, masters, and bachelors for 57 countries.
• The China Pharmaceutical University upholds their four fundamental principles to ensure a “strict, practical, creative and cooperative” learning environment.
• For International Students, CPU offers 22 bachelor’s degree programs, 33 master’s programs, 26 doctoral programs, 23 post-doctoral programs in Chinese.
• Besides, we offered Programs of Pharmacy in English and they have been the brand programs of CPU.
• In addition, CPU offers Visiting Students Programs, Visiting Scholar Programs, Chinese Language Programs and 6 Short-term Training Programs.
• Foreign Graduates of CPU has been highly recognized foe their strong scientific and technical backgrounds.
ADVANTAGES AT CPU
Dedicated, kind staff to assist international students with their applying, counseling, orientation needs, and life.
CPU consists of 6 schools (School of Pharmacy, School of Traditional Chinese Pharmacy, School of life science and Technology, School of International Pharmaceutical Business, School of Continuing Education, and School of Higher Vocational Education), 4 independent departments (Dept. of Basic Sciences, Dept. of Foreign Languages, Dept. of Social Sciences, and Dept. of Physical Education), and 5 key labs and centers at state or provincial levels.
CPU offers 20 bachelor’s degree programs, 29 master’s programs, 24 doctoral programs and 6 post-doctoral fellowship programs. There are three national key disciplines: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutics and one provincial key discipline–Modern Traditional Chinese Pharmacy and Pharmacognosy.w
ACCOMMODATION AT CPU
CPU is located in Nanjing , the “ancient capital city of six dynasties” in China and is composed of two campuses including Xuanwumen campus located in downtown Nanjing and Jiangning campus in the southeast outskirt of Nanjing.
The campuses are 5-10 minutes to classrooms and labs.
With single rooms equipped with private bathroom.
Internet access and landline.
Shared kitchen and laundry facilities
Two 3-floor cafeterias are 5 minutes from the dormitory
Enjoy the foods and dishes of diverse tastes and styles across China
Muslin foods are also available.
Accommodation Fee for Degree Programs: 10800 per year; 900/month
Bachelor ’s Programs (CHINESE): 19,000 Yuan
Bachelor ’s Programs (ENGLISH): 25,000 Yuan
Master’s Programs (CHINESE): 25,000 Yuan
Master’s Programs(ENGLISH); 32,000 Yuan
Doctoral Programs(ENGLISH/(CHINESE): 36,000 Yuan
Chinese Language Program: 14,000 Yuan
General Visiting Scholar(ENGLISH): 25,000 Yuan
Senior Visiting Scholar(ENGLISH): 36,000 Yuan
Regular short-term Programs :7,200 Yuan
Accommodation fee: 10,800 Yuan
Registration fee: 400 Yuan
Insurance fee: 600 Yuan
Nanjing Government Scholarship at China Pharmaceutical University
Categories of applicants Scholarship
Bachelor 10000 Yuan/year
Master and PhD 20000 Yuan/year
Visiting student 5000 Yuan/ half year
The scholarship is about RMB10, 000 to RMB 20,000. China Pharmaceutical University offers 22 bachelor’s programs, 29 master’s degree programs and 24 doctoral programs