• Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE), which enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private tertiary education in South Africa.
• Varsity College has campuses in Sandton, Pretoria, Midrand,Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban North, Westville and Pietermaritzburg.
• The Independent Institute of Education degree, diplomas and certificates are offered on varsity campuses.
• Varsity College offers tuition support for qualifications of The University of the Free State (UFS) and the University of South Africa (UNISA) and has academic partnerships with international institution such as The Open University of the UK (OU) and the International College of Hotel Management (ICHM)
• The IIE is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education provider and is part of ADvTECH Ltd, a public company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
• The IIE is responsible for the academic governance and quality assurance of all programmes delivered through the campuses of all its educational brands, including Varsity College. So essentially, every Varsity College campus is an IIE campus.
• An invaluable vocational initiative that helps prepare students for the workplace.
• On every campus, the Varsity College Career Centre gives students a professional head-start.
Experience a vibrant campus life with stunning ocean views… not to mention lecture halls fully equipped with the latest education-enhancing touch screen technology.
A campus with an extremely strong sporting presence – that continues to grow every year – Durban North is also the home of the Varsity College Centres of Excellence for hockey and rugby. And for socially conscious, as opposed to sporty students, the campus’s community engagement group VC Cares visits local children’s homes and runs various projects to help uplift people in the area.
Think of VC Durban North as a highly motivated, active, close family always ready with a smile and offer to help.
The Westville campus provides the highest standard of education and training in an inviting suburban setting. It provides a template for students to explore and express their individuality. Centrally located close to the Pavilion Shopping Centre, just off the N3.
The campus achieves the perfect balance between academic excellence and an engaging social life. In the close-knit, long-established Westville community, it adds a tertiary level to the suburb’s already-impressive set of educational institutes (preschools, primary schools and high schools).
Varsity College’s Pietermaritzburg campus is located on the lush grounds of St. Charles’ College. Historically significant buildings and lecture halls open directly onto beautiful green lawns for a relaxed collegiate feel that encourages learning and life balance.
But don’t be fooled by this laidback setting in the shade of jacaranda trees. The campus’s sport and social calendar is jam packed with fun events and dates to diarize.
Students also have the option of living in a brand new Residence, located within walking distance of the campus.
Study in the shadow of Table Mountain and you can enjoy a combination of cosmopolitan and country living.
Located in the Southern Suburbs, this relaxed, culturally diverse campus gives students access to the city’s jam-packed calendar of events AND multiple mountain trails where you can get away from the urban bustle. It’s also the national base for Varsity College’s rapidly expanding water polo programme – which is very strong, and league-competitive
The Midrand campus is the newest addition to the Varsity College family, having opened its doors in 2012. It looks and feels more like Google Headquarters than a typical campus – offering a modern, stimulating and ergonomic space for students to take life to the next level.
The atmosphere is relaxed on campus but that doesn’t mean students aren’t hard-working, progressive and ambitious. Varsity College Midrand creates individuals and achievers just like the city of Joburg. Already, the campus’s golf and indoor football teams are trophy winners.
Our Port Elizabeth campus offers students a safe, secure and friendly environment in which to develop their knowledge and professional skills. It’s a comfortable and welcoming setting where students can advance academically and achieve all-important work-life balance.
Port Elizabeth is a small, clean coastal town with a special emphasis on outdoor adventure.
Choose from a variety of full-time and short courses at Varsity College’s vibrant Sandton campus, an ultra-modern learning institute orientated towards students who are ready and raring to pursue their dreams, network and have fun.
Fostering student development academically, socially and physically, this buzzing campus is also the home of Varsity College’s dedicated basketball, golf and football Centres of Excellence.
Based in the heart of Johannesburg’s financial district, life on the VC Sandton campus is fast-paced, professional and fashionable. It’s also very centrally located, giving students access to a wide assortment of amenities, activities and attractions.
•Convenient Gautrain access
•Sandton night life
•Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square
•Lilies Leaf Farm where the Rivonia trials took place.
Experience the peace and quiet of a student town at Varsity College’s Pretoria campus. It’s an ideal, culturally rich setting to foster personal and professional development, with lecture venues that offer inspiring, panoramic views over the Moreleta Koppies and Waterkloof Spruit.
Home to Blue Bulls rugby, Pretoria is one of South Africa’s sporting hubs – and the VC Pretoria campus is no different. Action sports are one of the campus’s strong points while popular social activities include aerobics, drama, dance classes and poetry.
• Bachelor of Arts in Corporate Communication (BACC)
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management
• Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
• Bachelor of Commerce (Law)
• Bachelor of Arts
• Bachelor of Commerce (Economics)
Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching
Bachelor of Education in Intermediate Phase Teaching.
• Undergraduate Degree Programmes (UFS)
Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
• Diploma in Business Management & Entrepreneurship (DipBME)
• Diploma in Information Technology in Network Management (DipITNMgt)
• Diploma in Information Technology in Software Development (DipITSofD)
• Diploma in Public Relations (DipPR)
• Diploma in Sport Development and Management (DipSportDevMgt)
• Diploma in Commerce in Business Management
• Higher Certificate in Business Principles & Practice (HigherCertBPP)
• Higher Certificate in Event Management
• Higher Certificate in Information Technology in Support Services
IIE Accredited programmes for which no new registrations are accepted
• Diploma in Journalism
• Diploma in Advertising Management
• Diploma in Accounting and Financial Computing
• Diploma in Information Technology Management
• Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management
• Diploma in Commerce in Marketing Management
Undergraduate Degree Programmes (UNISA)
• Bachelor of Accounting Science (BCompt)
• Bachelor of Arts (BA) (Health Sciences & Social Services)(Psychological Counselling) (BAHSSS)
Postgraduate Programmes (UNISA)
Honours Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
SAICA accredited Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA)
UNISA Accredited programmes for which no first year registrations are accepted
Bachelor of Education (Intermediate and senior phase teaching)