Navitas is a leading global education provider that delivers an extensive range of educational services to over 80,000 students through more than 120 institutions in 31 countries.
Since 1994, Navitas has been a respected leader in global higher education, partnering with 31 universities in Australia, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Singapore, New Zealand and Sri Lanka to increase students’ access to, and success in, higher education.
Navitas offers an extensive range of educational services to students and professionals including university programs, creative media education, professional education, English language training and settlement services. Navitas is a S&P/ASX200 Australian publicly listed company.
Many students who study internationally are faced with the challenges of English as a second language, of adapting to a new culture, and a different education system.
Navitas pathway programs ensure students are given the extra support and assistance needed to succeed at a higher education level. In Australia and the UK, domestic students are able to enrol in Navitas colleges to take advantage of the supportive environment to enhance their academic potential.
Students who successfully complete Navitas pathway programs and meet partner entry requirements are awarded full credit for the first year’s undergraduate program and progress directly into the second year programs at the partner university.
Pathway programs are located on the partner university’s campus. Students use libraries, computer laboratories, recreation facilities, common areas and other general student services as well as having access to student clubs and societies. This enhances the student experience and aids retention as students integrate into campus life in that first year, making the move to second year much easier.
All Navitas institutions are fully registered by the respective government regulatory bodies in Australia, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Singapore, New Zealand and Sri Lanka.
WHY CHOOSE NAVITAS GROUP?
• We partner with universities since 1994, Navitas has been a respected leader in global higher education,
• We partner with universities in Australia, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Singapore, New Zealand and Sri Lanka to increase students’ access to, and success in, higher education.
• Our proven partnership model takes a transparent and collaborative approach in order to align our partners’ mission, vision, goals and objectives and position our partnerships for long-term success.
• Accelerate the Internationalisation of your university campus.
• Drive higher-quality learning and student experiences
• Fuel your efforts towards sustainable growth
• Partners have access to our global marketing and recruitment infrastructure.
• Boost your global profile
• Grow a strong, more diverse student population
• Gain access to international market segments
• Generate sustainable revenue streams for reinvestment in key areas
• Uphold your admissions standards
• Improve academic/ student outcomes
• Students who successfully complete Navitas pathway programs and meet partner entry requirements progress directly into the second year programs at the partner university.
• Pathway programs are located on the partner university’s campus.
• Students use libraries, computer laboratories, recreation facilities, common areas and other general student services as well as having access to student clubs and societies.
• This enhances the student experience and aids retention as students integrate into campus life in that first year, making the move to second year much easier.
We specialise in:
• University pathway programs
• Health and social service education
• Creative media education
• Professional and industry placement
• English language
• Settlement services
NAVITAS PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP)
Australian College of Business and Technology (ACBT)
Australian TESOL Training Centre (ATTC)
Birmingham City University International College (BCUIC)
Cadre – online learning and knowledge sharing
Cambridge Ruskin International College (CRIC)
Centre for English Language (CELUSA)
Edinburgh International College (EIC)
Fraser International College (FIC)
Health Skills Australia (HSA)
Hertfordshire International College (HIC)
International College at Robert Gordon University (ICRGU)
International College of Manitoba (ICM)
International College Portsmouth (ICP)
International College Wales Swansea (ICWS)
La Trobe Melbourne
La Trobe University Sydney Campus
London Brunel International College (LBIC)
Navitas at FAU
Navitas at UMass Boston
Navitas at UMass Dartmouth
Navitas at UMass Lowell
Navitas at UNH
Navitas College of Public Safety (NCPS)
Navitas English – AMEP & SEE
Navitas Professional Careers and Internships
Navitas Resources Institute
Newcastle International College (NIC)
Perth Institute of Business and Technology (PIBT)
Plymouth University International College (PUIC)
South Australian Institute of Business and Technology (SAIBT)
Sydney Institute of Business and Technology (SIBT)
UC International College (UCIC)
University of Northampton International College (UNIC)
Western Sydney University International College (WSUIC)
Navitas academic entry scholarships (university of New Hampshire)
The Swiss Education Group (SEG) AG is a for profit company and an alliance of five separate Swiss Hospitality Schools: the Swiss Hotel Management School, the Hotel Institute Montreux, Cesar Ritz Colleges, Culinary Arts Academy, and International Hotel and Tourism Training Institute.
• CÉSAR RITZ COLLEGES SWITZERLAND – HOSPITALITY, TOURISM AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Based on the philosophy of César Ritz, founder of the famous Ritz-Paris hotel, the programmes of César Ritz Colleges focus on luxury, excellence, service, care and innovation.
The experienced faculty of our hotel management school provides education that will help you to succeed and become a leader in a competitive world. Awarded with an impressive list of accreditations César Ritz Colleges provides world-class quality in hotel and tourism management courses.
• CULINARY ARTS ACADEMY SWITZERLAND – CULINARY, PASTRY AND CHOCOLATE ARTS
Located in the center of Europe the Culinary Arts Academy introduces you to culinary philosophies and modern trends.
As an international institute for culinary education it focuses on practical kitchen skills and theoretical management classes.
With tailored practical classes and paid internships in some of the most renowned Michelin-starred restaurants Culinary Arts Academy shows you the best ways how to become a top chef.
You are given the opportunity to demonstrate your innovative ideas and develop your own business plan as a master in restaurant and culinary management.
• HOTEL INSTITUTE MONTREUX – HOSPITALITY AND BUSINESS
As the birthplace of hospitality, Switzerland presents the best conditions in the world to study hospitality management.
The international reputation of the school and a supportive learning environment contributes to the potential success of students when they enter the professional field.
The hospitality management courses at Hotel Institute Montreux, that combine Swiss hospitality practices and contemporary American management expertise, prepare students for top management jobs around the world.
• IHTTI SCHOOL OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT – HOSPITALITY AND DESIGN
The inspiring programme at IHTTI School of Hotel Management emphasizes leadership and personal development.
The combination of studies in hospitality management with the principles of branding, luxury and hotel design allows you to become a leader in hotel and design management.
The staff at IHTTI School of Hotel Management will prepare you for a career in the luxury and design industry as part of the next generation of hospitality managers.
• SWISS HOTEL MANAGEMENT SCHOOL – HOSPITALITY, EVENTS, RESORT AND SPA
The Swiss Hotel Management School is known as one of Switzerland’s leading hotel management schools. It offers a wide range of renowned programmes such as a Master in Hospitality Management or a Master of International Business with focus on spa and resort management.
By introducing you to key components of event planning during the events management courses allows you to enhance your career opportunities and master the complexity of high-end events.
• SWISS LANGUAGE CLUB – LANGUAGE EDUCATION
Swiss Language Club, member of SEG, has 30 years of experience in organizing summer language camps in Switzerland combining an excellent language education with a wide range of leisure, sports and sightseeing activities.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT SWISS EDUCATION GROUP
Students at all Swiss Education Group schools benefit from a wealth of advantages that make them the ultimate choice when seeking an excellent career in hotel and hospitality management, some of which are listed below:
1. Higher education based on leading Swiss hospitality traditions
2. Unique choice of top quality academic programmes, accredited by universities from the United Kingdom and United States of America
3. Perfect balance between practical and academic studies
4. Tailor-made programmes, designed and delivered in collaboration with world leading industry partners
5. A pool of internationally recognized lecturers offering vast academic experience
6. State-of-the-art educational support thanks to the latest tablet technology
7. Inspiring learning environment set in spectacular alpine and lakeside sceneries or a lively city atmosphere
8. Extensive career and internship opportunities through SEG International Recruitment Forum
9. Exposure to significant partnerships with key business players
10. Global alumni network, uniting over 20,000 graduates worldwide
11. Exceptional Quality of Life, including social and sporting activities, locally and internationally
12. Broad cultural diversity, with an international student body
• The Swiss Education Group is the largest global network in hospitality management education.
• The Swiss Education Group is committed to offering its students the best career and networking opportunities.
• This unique, bi-annual event, International Recruitment Forum (IRF), gives students the opportunity to meet with hospitality industry leaders from around the world.
• With more than 60 international companies selected to attend each forum, comprising a total of 120 company visits per year, it is now considered by the global hospitality and tourism industry as the must-attend event.
• All students undertaking a three-year bachelor degree programme are required to graduate with two internships as part of the curriculum.
• Students are assisted with all aspects of the interview process by the internship offices in all the campuses.
• Internships are a fundamental part of the academic programme giving the students the opportunity to gain ‘hands-on’ experience in a real-life working environment, ensuring a successful career after graduation.
WHAT SWISS EDUCATION GROUP OFFERS:
• Within Swiss Education Group schools or at the corporate headquarters, the Swiss Education Group offers a unique international work environment with over 30 different nationalities from all continents. It values gender equity and has a balanced male / female ratio.
• Swiss Education Group is an English-speaking environment. Any additional language is an asset.
• The Swiss Education Group offers various positions either at one of its schools in Hospitality, Academic, Administration or at the corporate headquarters in Finance, Marketing, HR, IT.
Swiss Education Group strongly emphasizes work-life balance and a high quality work environment. Swiss Education Group provides many staff benefits, among which the following can be named as examples:
• Swiss Education Group supports continued training of its staff members. Staff development may take place via a number of alternative methods including: meetings, attendance at conferences, trainings (up to BA, MA or Doctorate), specific courses and summer training sessions conducted in-house.
• Swiss Education Group staff members can benefit from special prices in a number of shops, restaurants and other facilities in the areas of Montreux, Leysin and Neuchâtel by showing their Swiss Education Group staff member card.
• Each staff member can have one meal per day within one of the Swiss Education Group schools.
All prices for our hospitality and events management programmes are quoted in Swiss francs (CHF).
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT, EVENTS MANAGEMENT OR HOSPITALITY AND EVENTS MANAGEMENT
Duration of Study Tuition/
Meals Additional Charges Refundable Deposit Total Total per Year Qualification
The Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT) is a government owned tertiary education institution with three campuses: Hawke’s Bay, Auckland, and Gisborne, New Zealand.
It is also referred to as EIT Hawke’s Bay, EIT Tairāwhiti, and EIT Auckland. EIT serves as the main regional higher education centre for the Hawke’s Bay and Gisborne regions.
The Eastern Institute of Technology has a 28-hectare (69-acre) main campus in Taradale a suburb in Napier.
It is situated half-way between the twin cities of Napier and Hastings, (approximately 15 km (9.3 mi) from each city), which together comprise the fifth largest urban area in New Zealand.
It also has learning centres in Hastings, Waipukurau, Ruatoria, Tokomaru Bay, Wairoa and a centre in Maraenui, a suburb of the city of Napier. The Tairāwhiti campus offers a laidback format, and the Auckland campus is on Queen Street in Auckland.
REASONS TO JOIN EIT
Quality Education – EIT was ranked as one of New Zealand’s top-rated New Zealand institutes of technology and polytechnics for research in the performance- based Research Fund.
EIT is a category one institution as assessed by New Zealand Quality Authority under the External Evaluation and Review.
Study = “work ready” programmes lead to job opportunities after graduation.
Smaller classes and greater personal attention from teachers.
High levels of satisfaction from current international students.
Many qualifications have professional body recognition and the skills gained are international transferable.
Excellent value for money – affordable fees and a lower cost of living in Napier and Gisborne.
Opportunities during your programme for part-time work.
Relaxed small city lifestyles with temperature weather and easy access to beaches, mountains, forests and rivers for outdoor adventure.
EIT’s Napier campus is arguably New Zealand’s most beautiful campus.
Our Auckland Campus offers students a city experience, with Auckland beaches, forests, and offshore islands at your doorsteps.
There are now more than 130 programmes offered at masters, postgraduate, degree, diploma or certificate level, across a range of subject areas including:
Grape Growing & wine Making – NZ$ 20,500 – RS 492,000
Agriculture & Horticulture – NZ$ 19,200 – RS 460,800
Business and Management – NZ$ 18,500 – RS 444,000
Computer Science and IT – NZ$19,200 – RS 460,800
Ideaschool- Arts & Thinking – NZ$20,500 – RS 492,000
Hospitality, Tourism & Travel – NZ$ 19,200 – RS 460,800
Health & Sport Science – NZ$ 20,500- RS 492,000
Education & Social Sciences – NZ$ 20,500- RS 492,000
Nursing & Health Professions – NZ$ 21,500- RS 492,000
EIT is a Category One Institute of Education that has three main campuses in Napier, Auckland and Gisborne (Tairāwhiti).
Napier is a coastal city in the Hawke’s Bay region that offers a relaxed lifestyle. You’ll get to enjoy plenty of sunshine, beautiful beaches at our doorstep, a 160 km bike trails and award-wining wineries. Compared to bigger centres, Napier and the Hawke’s Bay region is a stress-free commuting city. With only a 15–20 minute drive between Napier and Hastings, congestion on the roads is virtually unheard of in this region. There are also cafes, restaurants and shopping options in Napier and Hastings where you can unwind after a full day of lectures.
Gisborne, the first city in the world to see the sunrise each day, is a landscape of sandy beaches, surf breaks and golden vineyards. It’s small enough to be friendly and welcoming, yet big enough to have all the amenities of the major centres, including shopping, cinemas, cafes, restaurants and entertainment.
EIT’s Auckland campus is located in the heart of the city’s Central Business District (CBD). There are cafes, restaurants, galleries and parks, as well as an array of top-brand shops on Queen Street nearby the campus. From the CBD, it is easy to explore some of Auckland’s treasured attractions such as its stunning beaches, pristine rainforests, wineries and the magnificent Hauraki Gulf.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
EIT offers the latest facilities and friendly services to help you succeed and enjoy your time in New Zealand.
These include a health centre, sport and recreation centre, on-campus cafés, computer labs, a library and a bookshop. International students are well supported at EIT by our International Student Welfare Office, International Student Mentors and Academic Learning Services. Diversity is celebrated at EIT with events such as celebrations to mark International Cultures Day, Matariki (a New Zealand Māori celebration), Diwali and Chinese New Year occur throughout the year.
COST OF LIVING
Accommodation: NZ$100 (RS2,400) to $350 (RS 8,400) per week
Food: NZ$60(RS 1,440) to $100 (RS 2,400) per week
Transport: NZ$10(RS 240) to $70 (RS 1,680) per week
Entertainment: NZ$40 (RS 960) to $100 (RS 2,400) per week
Utilities: NZ$20(RS 480) to $60 (RS 1,440) per week
Kangan Institute is one of Australia’s largest and most trusted education and training providers, offering a wide range of courses from English language programs to internationally recognised certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas.
With more than 91 years of educational excellence, our qualifications give you real skills, real pathways and the confidence to succeed in life.
With five campuses in Melbourne, Kangan Institute is an innovative training provider with a dynamic multicultural atmosphere.
Every year our courses (including diploma, certificate, industry and short courses) build the skills of more than 30,000 students seeking practical, accredited training.
Kangan Institute’s five campuses offer a wide range of courses in a variety of fields, ranging from certificates to diplomas.
CERTIFICATE IV IN BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION (BUILDING) – $11508
Diploma of Nursing – $29715
Diploma Of Veterinary Nursing (General Practice) – $6982.5
DIPLOMA OF AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY – $4725
Diploma of Beauty Therapy – $16623.9
Diploma of Leadership and Management – $7600
Kangan Institute Facilities
Library and Learning Centre
Library and Learning Centres are located at Broadmeadows, Docklands, Essendon and Richmond campuses.
Student Support and Recreation
SSR supports student across six campuses (Broadmeadows, Docklands, Essendon and Richmond) by providing resources, on-campus activities, trips and tours, sporting competitions, student publications and support services.
• Stenden South Africa is a unique Higher Education Institution in the seaside town of Port Alfred. Established in 2001, we pride ourselves with an impressive track record of top quality higher education.
• Our pillars of Internationalisation, Problem Based Learning, and Research have positioned us at the top of our game with an impressive list of graduates who are making their way in the industry.
• Stenden South Africa is an institution where we take pride in a student centred approach of higher education through unique educational methods such as Problem Based Learning, Case Based Learning, and Real World Learning in our learning companies.
• Stenden South Africa is a leading Private Higher Education Institution situated in the coastal town of Port Alfred.
• We offer full degree programs in Disaster Management and Hospitality Management. Both these programs and Stenden’s approach to higher education are unique and unparalleled.
• Our degrees are accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee and registered by Universities South Africa.
• Stenden South Africa is an International Branch Campus of Stenden University of Applied Sciences.
• Stenden University has a long and diverse history of academic performance. Its teacher training degree programme goes back over 100 years.
• However, Stenden is anything but an old fashioned University. As the turn of the century was approaching, Stenden (back then operating under the name CHN University) chose to launch a pioneering concept known as ‘Grand Tour’.
• The Grand Tour is an old European custom whereby youngsters were encouraged to travel and see the World before settling themselves in a career.
• Stenden had the desire to re-invent this concept and incorporate it in the different degree courses it offers.
• By establishing international campus sites the vision to offer a true international education experience materialized.
• Today Stenden offers higher education at campuses in The Netherlands, Indonesia, Qatar and South Africa.
• The main program offered at each campus site is hospitality management and this program is currently offered in Port Alfred as well.
• Stenden South Africa in Port Alfred offers a: Bachelors of Commerce in Hospitality Management and different minor modules that are executed on behalf of Stenden University in The Netherlands.
• Stenden is registered with the Department of Education of South Africa as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1977, and according to registration Certificate No. 2002/HE10/001, to offer the Bachelor of Commerce in Hospitality Management and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Disaster Management.
• Bachelor of Commerce in Hospitality Management Degree programme
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Disaster Relief Management Degree programme
What facilities are available?
Accommodation is available for registered students. Facilities on campus include:
• Library, including printing, faxing, scanning and copying facilities
• Dining-hall, offering student meals
• Stationery kiosk
• Stenden Boutique
• Computer Lab, with internet access and personal student accounts
• Wi-Fi on campus and all residences
• Laundry facilities
• Student Lounge
• Tourist information and activities guide
• Sports Field
• Swimming Pool
• Braai areas
• Auditorium, classrooms, meeting rooms and quiet/study areas
Global Business and Digital Arts – $24,980 – Rs 674 460(1CAD$ – Rs27)
For more info call now on 2088909/2130289 or come to meet us at OVEC (with all school certificates and passport photocopy), Labourdonnais Court, Ground Floor, St. Georges, Port – Louis.
WHY UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO?
Canada’s most innovative university by the numbers
1957: University of Waterloo opens with 74 students
Today: 30,600 undergraduate, 5,300 graduate students
15 per cent international undergraduate, 36 per cent international graduate students
1,139 full-time faculty, 322 international faculty
Degrees granted: 5,778 Bachelors degrees, 1,723 Masters, 303 PhDs (2014)
Our global influence
1,000-acre main campus in Waterloo
Satellite campuses reinvigorating city cores across our region in Kitchener, Cambridge and Stratford
$2.6 billion per year in economic impact in Ontario (2013 Economic Impact Report)
4 affiliated and federated institutions
Conrad Grebel University College
Renison University College
St. Jerome’s University
St. Paul’s University College
Globally recognized excellence
QS Stars 5+ ranking
Top Comprehensive Research Universityin Canada for eight consecutive years (Research Infosource)
Top 25 in the world for Computer Science and Mathematics (QS Rankings)
Top 50 in the world for Geography (QS Rankings)
Top 100 in the world for Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Sociology, Architecture and Built Environment, Psychology, and Statistical and Operational Research (QS Rankings)
One of the world’s top 50 engineering schools (Academic Ranking of World Universities)
#19 for Computer Science (U.S. News and World Report)
#47 for Engineering (U.S. News and World Report)
Students uniquely equipped for success
Waterloo students start strong and excel in a learning environment that is experiential, research-rich and real-world relevant.
$250+ million reported earnings by Waterloo co-op students (2014-15)
Two years after graduating, 89 per cent of Waterloo co-op students work in a field related to their degree compared to 75 per cent of all Ontario university grads
#1 for career preparation (Globe and Mail University Report)
54 per cent of students have an entrance average of 90+ per cent(2015)
17,600+ work terms in 60+ countries with 6,300+ organizations
Some of the top companies who hire our students include:
Apple – Barclays – BlackBerry – Bloomberg – Bombardier – Ernst & Young – Facebook, Inc. – Fairfax Financial – Holding Ltd. – GM Canada – Google – OpenText – RBC – Sun Life Financial – Twitter – The Hospital for Sick Children – Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc.
Engine of an entrepreneurial ecosystem
Our talented researchers, students and graduates attract some of the world’s top companies — and launch world-class ventures of their own.
#1 Canadian university for venture-backed capital enterprises (Pitchbook 2015)
182 entrepreneurs from University of Waterloo have raised $2.6 billion (Pitchbook 2015)
$250 million raised by Velocity-founded companies — including $150 million since 2014
1,200 students through Velocity entrepreneurship programs in seven years
Among international companies and industry disrupting startups launched by Waterloo researchers, students and alumni:
Aeryon Labs, Inc. – BlackBerry – Clearpath Robotics – D2L – Kik Interactive – Lumotune – Maplesoft – MappedIn – Neverfrost – OpenText –reebee – Suncayr – Teledyne DALSA – Thalmic Labs – Vidyard
If you’ve ever used a smartphone, worn contact lenses or been turned
off by a tobacco warning, our research has already changed your life.
$181 million in research funding from external sources — government, foundations, industry, non-profit (2014-15)
More than $20 million in research funding from international partners
77 new industrial collaborations with Faculty of Science researchers
31 per cent of research funding from industry partnerships (Office of Research)
For seven consecutive years, ranked #1 comprehensive Canadian university for SSHRC grants, supporting social sciences and humanities research
Globe-spanning research partnerships with companies and organizations including:
World Health Organization
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
World Vision Canada
By accepting your offer at OVEC, you will benefit from:
Telegraphic transfer and exchange discount rates for paying university tuition fees or expenses related to the university.
FREE International Student Card (ISIC) valid in 120 countries for discounts on travel, accommodation, shops, entertainment, restaurants, museums and much more.
50% discount on loan processing fees at MCB bank.
10% discount on laptops and computer tablets (You should come to OVEC office to get Authorization form)
• UTS is a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney. One of Australia’s leading universities of technology, UTS has a distinct model of learning, strong research performance and a leading reputation for engagement with industry and the professions.
• UTS has a culturally diverse campus life and vibrant international exchange study and research programs that prepare graduates for the workplaces of today and the future.
• Our City campus is in the heart of Sydney’s creative precinct and alongside Sydney’s central business district.
• Over the next three years, the final phase of our City Campus Master Planwill deliver a state-of-the-art campus to meet the needs of 21st century students.
• Our Strategic Plan outlines our vision to be a world leading university of technology and provides a strong statement about UTS’s aspirations for our third decade.
• UTS is part of the Australian Technology Network of universities: a group of five prominent universities committed to working with industry and government to deliver practical and professional courses.
• With a total enrolment of over 40,000 students, UTS is one of the largest universities in Australia.
UTS offers over 130 undergraduate and 210 postgraduate courses across traditional and emerging disciplines such as
• built environment,
• information technology,
• international studies,
• pharmacy and science.
In line with the UTS model of global practice-oriented learning, many of our students undertake professional practice during their degree.
As part of their degree program, students also have the opportunity to study at one of more than 185 universities in about 40 countries with which UTS has exchange agreements.
Our world leading research centres span a range of disciplines, including
• biological and engineering sciences, and
• contemporary fields such as design, nanotechnology and sustainability.
Our researchers provide practical and relevant solutions to issues of national and international importance and equip graduates with the latest discipline specific skills and practices.
We also maintain strong relationships with the local community, industry, business and the professions through a wide range of partnerships, projects and events.
This is your guide to facilities management at UTS, including
• cleaning and maintenance of buildings and grounds,
• campus development projects and security, which are managed by Facilities Management Operations (FMO).
Why study at UTS?
• Academic help
The UTS Library is equipped with:
• over 450 computers, wireless and laptop facilities
• areas for group study and quiet reading
• assistance with researching and borrowing
• copying and printing
• course notes, and
• past exams
• To help you build skills in finding, using and organising information, the UTS Library offers tours and workshops.
• UTS’s Higher Education Language and Presentation Support (HELPS) service offers support with English language and academic literacy, including workshops, assignment advice and self-help resources.
• The UTS Counselling Service offers study skills workshops throughout semester, including some tailored to specific study areas.
• U:PASS is a student learning program designed to assist students who are studying subjects that are perceived as difficult or that historically have a high failure rate.
Course area specific learning centres
UTS offers a number of specialised learning centres, including:
• Engineering Learning and Design Centres
• Mathematics and Science Study Centre
• If you are concerned about your preparation for maths and science subjects consider doing a short intensive Bridging Course.
• Courses are designed for students commencing in nursing, midwifery, education, science, engineering, architecture, building and business.
• We offer 24 hour access to hundreds of computers across campus, software, your own email account, wireless network for your laptop or PDA, printing, scanning and CD or DVD burning.
• Our IT Support Centres are staffed by officers who understand your needs and are available to assist you from any internal or external phone as well as in person during office hours.
UTS Student Centres are your main point of contact for anything to do with the administrative side of studying.
Student centres provide general admin info and advice including:
• course advice,
• enrolment support,
• information on graduation eligibility,
• subject exemption (credit recognition) and much more.
If you have a disability or ongoing illness, the Accessibility Service provides support, including advice and assistance during the application process, and information about assessment assistance and referrals to academic liaison officers while you’re at uni.
UTS Student Services provides help with:
• health – a bulk-billed medical service on campus
• housing – for on-campus accommodation or help finding a place to rent
• special needs – support for students with disabilities or ongoing medical conditions
• finances – for loans and advice on budgeting, Austudy, tax, etc.,
• careers – for practical advice on your career, resume writing, graduate recruitment, and more
• counselling – a free and confidential service that can help with a wide range of personal, academic, relationship and administrative difficulties
• chaplaincy – pastoral or spiritual support, with chaplains from nine different faiths or traditions on campus at UTS
Costs of living
• If you’re thinking of studying and living in Sydney, you need to know what it costs to support yourself.
• This includes the cost of accommodation, food, transport, services, utilities, entertainment and other expenses to help you make the most of your time in this exciting city.
• At UTS, we estimate that an international student requires a minimum of A$18,876 – A$27,872 for living expenses for each academic year.
• A Department of Immigration and Border Protection requirement is that prospective international students must demonstrate that they have access to at least A$19,830 a year to fund their living costs in Australia.
• Choose to live in one of UTS’s five residencies close to the UTS campus or in off-campus accommodation.
• You will need to consider your preferred location, as well as your budget before you decide which accommodation option suits your needs and lifestyle.
• The UTS Housing Service offers safe, comfortable and affordable student accommodation close to the UTS campus.
• They also offer information and support to help you arrange private rental accommodation and can also assist with temporary accommodation for when you first arrive in Sydney.
Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is a polytechnic college in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Humber offers more than 150 programs including: bachelor’s degree, diploma, certificate, post-graduate certificate and apprenticeship programs, across 40 fields of study.
DURATION OF PROGRAMS
Apprenticeship Certificate 3 – 4 Years
Certificate 2 – 3 Semester
Diploma 2 Years ( 4 Semester)
Advanced Diploma 3 Years ( 6 Semester)
Ontario Graduate Certificate 2 – 4 Semester
Bachelor’s Degree 4 Years ( 8 Semester)
• Humber also provides academic advisors and resources, such as Humber’s career finder.
Most of Humber’s programs contain a practical experimental component to them, such as an internship, Co-op, or field placement.
Humber serves 27,500 full-time and 56,000 part-time learners.
Humber is one of Canada’s leading post secondary institutions. We offer a variety of credentials including: four-year bachelor’s degree, two- and three-year diplomas, one- and two-year certificates, postgraduate certificates and apprenticeship programs.
Humber meets its vision of excellence in polytechnic education by offering students clear pathways and the opportunity to build on previous academic achievements and experiences.
Humber’s mission is to develop broadly educated, highly skilled and adaptable citizens who significantly contribute to the educational, economic and social development of their communities.
Humber is one of only five Ontario colleges named as an Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning by the Ontario Government
Humber offers more pathways to your future.
Humber provides high quality academic and applied education.
Humber is an outstanding place to live and learn.
Humber provide good learning environment.
All degree programs and advanced diploma offer work placement, which are paid with the opportunity to make valuable industry and employer.
Humber has small class sizes, whereby there is more interaction and communication becomes easy with professors.
Humber listens to students and responds to their needs.
Humber awards scholarships to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. It also offers degree scholarships to graduating high-school students based on the academic achievement.
The student gets a chance to join several activities, and in this sense it helps him to become much more pro active.
85% of Humber graduates are employed within six months of completing theirs studies
Transfer Credit opportunities with more than 50 Canadian and international degree-granting institutions
Joint degree programs with the University of Guelph-Humber and the University of New Brunswick.
Humber provides Labs & classrooms that stimulates working environment.
Pease note that any student who wishes to get assistance, he can have:
Peer tutoring and mentoring
International students center & career centre
Counseling programs to every students
Humber College, without forgetting provides accommodation to every international students and this residence are namely
PROGRAMS ARE OFFERED IN A VARIETY OF FIELDS:
School of Applied Technology
The Business School
School of Media Studies and Information Technology
School of Social and Community Services
School of Creative and Performing Arts
School of Health Science
School of Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism
School of Liberal Arts and Science
TUITION FEES (International student fees per academic year (two semesters)
Homestay with meals: approximately $6,000- $6,800 +$190 placement fee(one time)
Residence and meal plan: approximately $8,300 – $10,730
Rental accommodation (not including meals): approximately $3,600 – $8,000
Transportation: $600 – $ 1,300
What scholarship opportunities are available?
FULL TUITION RENEWABLE SCHOLARSHIPS
Humber offers 3 full tuition renewable scholarship (approx. value $ 12,200) each, for new international students.
$5,000 ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
3 renewable scholarships per year, each valued at $5,000 for new international students.
$10,000 ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
20 non-renewable entrance scholarships valued at $10,000 each for new international students each year.
BACHELOR DEGREE SCHOLARSHIP
These academic scholarship are awarded at the time of offer based on your high school/secondary grade point average
95%+ $4,000 (renewable)
90 – 94.9% $3,500 (renewable)
85 – 89.9% $3,000 (renewable)
80 – 84.9% $2,000 (renewable)
75 – 79.9% $1,500 (one time)
Humber offers a variety of programs to cover wide ranges of interests that also reflect today’s job market.
Humber ensures that all students receive the skills and knowledge expected by today’s demanding employers.
• Founded in 1947 as Guandong Medical College, Dalian Medical University has developed into a multi-disciplinary medical university located in the coastal city-Dalian.
• As the biggest harbor city in Northeast China region, Dalian is an important international shipping center, logistics center and financial center in Northeast Asia.
• Owning excellent environment and temperate climate, Dalian was firstly listed as the “Best Tourist Cities” of China.
• In 2009, it was recognized by UNEP and awarded the highest prize of international garden city by IFPRA.
• Dalian Medical University is the largest medical university in China which enrolls the most international students, as much as 1300 from 82 countries in degree programs.
• It occupies an area of 373 acres with building area of 94 acres and contains 22 teaching and scientific research institutions, 5 supplementary teaching organizations, 1 branch college, 1 affiliated medical school, 9 affiliated hospitals (2 are directly affiliated hospitals), over 100 teaching bases, 1 state level International Scitech Cooperation base, 1 ministerial level research institution, 1 ministerial level lab, 10 provincial level key labs, 1 provincial level engineering technology research center and 6 provincial key labs for universities.
• Dalian Medical University offers programs in other fields like science, engineering, management, arts law and philosophy.
• The current number of student reaches 14267, including 269 doctor students, 3987 postgraduates, 8730 undergraduates and 1281 international students.
• Three direct affiliated hospitals serve the city of Dalian with more than 8700 beds.
• The hospital equipment and quality of medical care is in line with international advanced standards.
• The university has one state-level key discipline，40 majors authorized to confer doctoral degrees, 61 majors authorized to confer master degrees, 4 postdoctoral research centers and 20 undergraduate programs.
• In 2013, the university was awarded as national demonstration base of international student by Ministry of Education.
• The university was authorized as one of the first batch 30 universities which can teach undergraduate medical course in English medium.
• Its degrees are recognized by WHO and medical authority organizations of most countries.
• In 2011, 246 international students are admitted to take the Bachelor’s degree programs taught in English or Chinese, which covers Clinical Medicine, Oral Medicine, and Nursing.
• Clinical Medicine is the earliest established discipline in Dalian Medical University with solid foundation and strong academic strength.
• The MBBS program for international students in Dalian Medical University was set in 2004 and in 2007 the MOE declared it as the qualified university to offer English-taught MBBS program.
• The program is open in each spring and autumn, with the same duration and tuition fee. Besides, it can be taught in English and Japanese upon students’ choice.
• According to the framework agreement on degree accreditation between MOE of China and other countries, the degree awarded by Dalian Medical University is recognized in 31 countries.
• In addition, the university also signed agreements with medical associations in Thailand, Ghana, and Sri Lanka.
• The university has carried out the exchange and cooperation in domestic and abroad widely.
• Till now, it has established cooperative relationships with University of Sao Paulo Medical School in Brazil, The University of Adelaide in Australia, the Ohio State University in USA, the University of Groningen in Holland, University of Toyama in Japan, University of Oslo in Norway, BaFuLuoFu State Medicine University in Russia, Dnepropetrovsk National University in Ukraine etc 99 universities or scientific institutions in 38 countries and regions.
• Dalian Medical University is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
Courses offered at Dalian Medical University
Bachelor degree in English medium
Clinical Medicine (MBBS, September Intake )
Clinical Medicine (MBBS, Spring Intake)
Stomatology (BDS in English)
Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Tests and Analyses
Laboratory Medical Science (Clinical Hematology）
Masters degree in English medium (3 years)
Basic Science of Integrative Medicine
Social Medicine and Health Service Management
Nutrition and Food Hygiene Toxicology
Chinese Interal Medicine
Clinical Science of Integrative Medicine
Neurology (in English)
Clinical Science of Stomatology
Microbial and Biochemical Pharmacy
Laboratory Medical Science(Clinical Hematology)
• Dalian Medical University has two campuses, both two in Dalian city.
• The main campus is in 9 Western Section, Lvshun South Street, Lvshunkou District, where overseas students live; the other is in Zhongshan District. Apartment for International Students is in main campus, the accommodation’s price is approximately 27 RMB/Day.
• Unnecessary to book in advance
• Renting outside campus is not allowed
• 24 hour check-in service
• Moving in one month before semester begins is not allowed
The Main Campus
• Both Degree students and Language students are accepted by Dalian Medical University in same apartments.
• The main campus in Lvshunkou District is in the southwest of Dalian and far away from the downtown.
• #2 Building is for male students, #19 is for female students.
• All rooms are equipped with wardrobe, desk, chair, equipped bed with bedding, television, bathroom, heater, internet, telephone.
The province of New Brunswick is located on Canada’s East Coast, just north of the American border.
UNB is the province’s largest public University.
UNB consistently rank among Canada’s top 10 comprehensive universities
UNB is one of Canada’s oldest English-speaking universities with more than 80 degree programs across two campuses –Fredericton & Saint John located on Canada’s beautiful East Coast.
Both campuses are an hour’s flight from Toronto and Montreal. Both campuses are within a day’s drive from New York City, Boston, Toronto and Montreal.
At UNB on the east coast, the air is clean, there is no traffic, and students enjoy plenty of opportunities to get involved – in the classroom, in the community, and in the great outdoors.
Depending on your program of choice, you can choose between two beautiful, distinctly different campuses. The Fredericton campus is located in New Brunswick’s capital city, while the Saint John campus is located in the province’s largest city. Fredericton and Saint John are both safe, clean environments in which to study, work and play.
Saint John Campus
Saint John is New Brunswick’s largest centre and is located on the renowned Bay of Fundy, home of the world’s highest tides and one of the marine wonders of the world.
The Saint John campus is a cozy, tight knit community.
The Saint John campus is surrounded by acres of land overlooking the Kennebecasis River, which makes for beautiful scenery and the chance to enjoy the outdoors. Combined with the university’s athletic facilities, this allows for the opportunity to live a healthy, active lifestyle.
Library services, a cafeteria, a health clinic, a tournament gymnasium, fitness centre, the Canada Games Stadium, competitive and recreational sports and multiple student clubs and societies.
Fredericton is New Brunswick’s political capital and is nestled along the banks of the beautiful st.John River.
Fredericton offers all the resources of a big city, but with a friendly hometown feeling.
The UNB Fredericton campus is a ten minute walk from the charming downtown core, where students can enjoy bookstores, boutiques, and many restaurants and cafes.
Fredericton also offers a lively artistic scene, including theatre, art galleries, and musical performances.
Fredericton campus has fun events going on at any given time and a great mix of people from all different backgrounds and mindsets.
In many ways, campus is its own self-contained community. All of the amenities you could need are on site, including a bank, a bookstore, restaurants, a convenience store, three bars, a clothing store, a jewelry store and salon.
Facilities at Fredericton Campus: three libraries; several food service options; extensive student services; a health clinic; the currie Center, a state-of-the-art health facility; swimming and skating facilities; varsity and recreational sport; and multiple student clubs and societies.
Most of UNB’s programs contain a practical experimental component to them, such as an internship, Co-op, or field placement.
Students have the opportunity to earn money, receive academic credit, apply knowledge and skills learned in a classroom and gain valuable workplace experience.
At UNB internships are being paid.
Exchange programs are also available at UNB.
International students can work on or off campus for up to 20 hours per week while they are registered as full-time students. (Students must first complete 6 months of study and then apply for an open work permit).
WHY ALGONQUIN COLLEGE?
Algonquin is a big college that proudly nurtures a friendly, small-college atmosphere.
Located in the National Capital Region and the beautiful Ottawa Valley
Campuses in Ottawa, Perth and Pembroke.
One of the largest colleges in Canada.
Located in OTTAWA, Canada’s capital city.
Public postsecondary school established in 1967.
4th largest college in Canada with 18,000 full-time students.
175+ bachelor degrees, postgraduate and diploma programs (1, 2, 3 years).
More than 100 multimedia classrooms and conference rooms.
Co-operative education, fieldwork, team projects and lab work.
89% employment rate for graduates.
International students from more than 100 countries.
Safe, multicultural city.
Fourth largest metropolitan area in Canada.
Vibrate and growing community with an exceptional quality of life and a strong economy.
Close to other large metropolitan cities such as Montreal, Toronto, and New York.
Key industries in advanced technology, health, hospitality, research and development.
FACILITIES AT ALGONQUIN COLLEGE
Algonquin provides a safe, supportive and vibrant learning environment with all the services and facilities you need to be successful.
Sports facilities, clubs & social activities
Accessible and efficient public transit right on campus
Full-service, on-campus health facilities
Counselors & academic advisors
Student lounges, cafeterias & cafes
Silent study rooms
Library and 24/7 computer labs
Wireless campus with a Mobile Learning Centre
PROGRAMS AT ALGONQUIN COLLEGE
School of Advanced Technology
School of Business
School of Health and Community Studies
School of Hospitality and Tourism
Police and Public Safety Institute
School of Media and Design
Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence
Algonquin College Heritage Institute (Perth Campus)
Algonquin College in the OTTAWA Valley (Pembroke Campus)
General Arts and Sciences
SCHOLARSHIPS AND BURSARIES
There are 16 X $3000 Entrance Scholarships available per year.
Algonquin welcomes highly qualified students from around the world. This scholarship is meant to reward those applicants with above average grades and English level.
• Founded in 1906 in Nanjing , one of the oldest Universities in mainland China with global visions
• A comprehensive public university with reputation for academic and research excellence.
• “211 project” university, one of the 100 key universities in China.
• JNU has 5 campuses, locating respectively in Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Shenzhen.
• Guangzhou is the center of politics, economy and culture of southern China.
• All the 3 cities where our campuses situated are in the Pearl River Delta, a major drive to the rapid development of China’s economy.
• A true international university that cultivates world elites.
• There are 182 research organizations and 77 laboratories within the university.
• Jinan University comprises 27 colleges and schools, which incorporate 59 departments and offer 89 undergraduate programs.
• Equal emphasis to humanities, business & science.
• Learn with top-tier Chinese students and international students from over 96 countires and regions of HK,MO & TW.
• Receive top class education offering a strong professional network.
• Obtain valuable exposure to a dynamic, stable and culturally diversified society.
• Achieve mandarin Chinese language proficiency in an optimal learning environment.
Guangzhou is the third largest city in China after Shanghai and Beijing. It is the biggest city in South China and capital city of Guangdong province. Guangzhou is also the main manufacturing hub of the Pearl River Delta, one of the mainland China’s leading commercial and manufacturing regions.
WEATHER IN GUANGZHOU
Located just south of the tropic of cancer, Guangzhou has a humid subtropical climate influenced by the East Asian monsoon. The average year-round temperature is 22C.August is the hottest month, with an average temperature of 30C.January is the coldest month with an average of 13C.
Guangzhou also has advanced transport facilities which make city easily accessible. Students can fly directly into Guangzhou Baiyun International airport. Students can fly into Hong Kong International airport (HKG). HKG provides shuttle bus service from the airport to Guangzhou. It is a 3-hour trip and costs around 35 USD.
PROGRAM AT JNU
Undergraduate program in English Medium
International Economics and Trade
Food Quality and safety
Computer Science and Technology
• China Studies
• MBA program
Chinese Language Courses
College of Chinese Language and Culture is an academic college and the second largest in the country to provide Chinese Language courses that range from beginners to advanced levels.
• The university offers you a wide range of residential accommodation. A dorm generally accommodates two students, and has private bathroom. Furnishings include single beds, air conditioner, closets, desk and chairs. Bedding is available at campus supermarket.
• JNU SIFE
• English evening
• Chinese corner
• International cup(basketball, football, volleyball, table tennis, Dodge ball)
• International pioneer(English magazine)
• International students can have a close touch with traditional Chinese culture on Chinese language traditional Folk Dance, Chinese martial arts, Chinese painting and calligraphy, paper cut, pottery etc.
• International Economics and Trade,Finance, Journalism (International Journalism ) – 28000 Yuan/year
• Accounting, (CPA Canada) – 32000 Yuan/year
• Pharmacy, Food Quality and Safety, Computer Science and Technology – 30,000 Yuan/year
• Clinical Medicine – 34000 Yuan/year
• Other Programs – 19000-25000 Yuan/year
Note: Tuition for Accounting (CGA) program includes charges for teaching materials provided by the Canadian Accountants’ Association, the co-sponsor of the program, and a sum of ￥6,000 for examinations conducted by the same.
Accommodation Fees (￥RMB/academic year)
Shipai Campus – 2200-4000
South Campus -1800
Zhuhai Campus – 3500
Shenzhen Campus – 2600
Guangyuan Dong Campus – 6000-9800
• CSC Scholarship
• MOE China Scholarship
• Freshmen scholarship
• Outstanding students scholarship
• President’s free Academic Credits Award
• CI scholarship
• Canton Scholarship
• Cologne Business School GmbH (CBS) is a private business school established in 1993 in the city of Cologne, Germany.
• The Cologne Business School (CBS) is an internationally orientated, state-recognised university of applied sciences and counts as one of Germany‘s top Business Schools.
• The business school is a state-recognized university of applied science and conducts research in many fields.
• Students and lecturers from all over the world get to meet each other on the international CBS campus.
• Moreover, you can both study for a semester at one of the numerous renowned CBS partner universities and combine this with a placement abroad.
• Due to our close corporate contacts, we know that our “Bachelor of Arts” and “Master of Arts” university qualifications enjoy high prestige in practice. This is also proven by the above-average job placement rate in interesting jobs for CBS graduates.
• Industrial placements are a fixed component of the study programmes and many of the students already collaborate closely with a company when preparing their Bachelor of Arts thesis.
• A multicultural and diversified international campus with more than 75 nationalities
• More than 30% international students
• Hands-on business approach
• Close and individual campus support with modern facilities.
• CBS is located in Cologne, Germany in the heart of Europe.
• Interesting leisure activities are available for international students in Cologne.
• Internationally recognized English study Bachelor, Master and MBAprogrammes in Business.
• Student’s initiatives.
• Opportunities for Post Study Working Visa (PSWV) for 18 months.
• Fantastic job perspectives and career chances in Germany after graduation as well as internship opportunities during the studies
• With this, CBS already offers you an excellent platform for openings at interesting domestic and foreign companies during your studies.
• In the 2014–2015 Center for Higher Education rankings, Cologne Business School was ranked among the three best business schools in Germany for their master’s degree programs.
• Additionally the business school noted top score and recognized for “international orientation”, “international orientation master”, and “practical relevance”.
• The MBA program has been recognized as one of the most popular in Europe.
• The business newspaper Wirtschaftswoche published the 2015 Uni-Ranking within the field of business and economics in Germany, in which Cologne Business School (CBS) was ranked number 4.
• The academic program is designed in course modules where two or more courses make up one module.
• Most programs are taught entirely in English with the exception of general management.
• Industrial and organizational psychology at the Bachelor level is taught entirely in German.
• International Business
• International Culture and Management
• International Tourism Management
• International Media Management
• Business Psychology
• Industrial and Organizational Psychology
• General Management
• International Business
• International Culture and Management
• Sustainable Tourism Management
• International Media and Entertainment Management
• General Management
• International Management MBA
• Executive MBA Consulting
• Maastricht School of Management & Cologne Business School Executive MBA
Bachelor of International Business:
• Financial Management
• Marketing Management
• Management Consulting
• International Trade
• Human Resources Management
Master of International Business:
• Financial Management
• Management Consulting
• Marketing Management
• International Trade and Emerging Markets
• Cross-Cultural Management
• European Management
• CBS has over 70 partner universities.
• Many of the partner universities have an exchange program with the business school resulting in a large number of international students at campus.
• For the English-speaking Bachelor programs, an exchange semester is mandatory and for master’s degree programs, an exchange program is voluntary through application to a requested university in the last semester.
• The CBS campus consists of three main buildings and is located in the Neustadt Süd area of Cologne.
• Discover our housing offer for international students.
• The CBS Student Residence is a great opportunity to live in Cologne.
• It’s just 3.5 km / 2.2 mi away from the campus.
• The CBS operates an own, exclusive student residence with 19 rooms in Cologne, close to the popular “Südstadt” neighbourhood.
• The house was completely refurbished in 2010 and provides you with well-equipped accommodation while you are a visiting or regular student at the CBS.
• The bright one-bed and two-bed rooms are fully equipped.
• The residence is similar to a classical hall of residence, and the best thing is that you live with other CBS students from around the world under one roof.
CLOSE TO THE CAMPUS
• The building is situated on Bonner Straße in the southern city centre of Cologne.
• The campus is just 3.5 km / 2.2 mi away.
• The bus stop is in front of the building.
• From there it takes approx. 20 minutes to the campus with public transport.
• A full term travel card / transit pass valid for the whole state of Northrhine-Westphalia costs approx. 130 Euro.
• Both the main train station and the airport are just a 15 minute taxi ride away.
The single and double rooms are classified into different categories depending on their size:
• Double room from € 1,300 per term / semester and person
• Single room from € 2,500 per term / semester
• The student residence is located on a lively road with numerous supermarkets, snack bars, pubs and restaurants, a large post office, tennis courts and several fitness studios.
• The closeness to the “Südstadt” neighbourhood makes the location highly desirable: this Cologne quarter surrounding the Chlodwigplatz is one of the most attractive nightlife hot-spots in Cologne.
• Feel great: All living areas in the building have stone floors and are equipped with underfloor heating or cooling.
• The rooms: Either equipped with one bed or two beds. All the rooms are equipped with duvets, pillows, bed linen, wardrobe, desk, chair, a small furniture safe, shelves, lamps and Wi-Fi.
• The bathrooms: Each floor with living areas has two bathrooms and a separate toilet. There is an additional toilet on the ground floor.
• The common rooms: There is a large common kitchen and a living room with a TV on the ground floor. In the back of the building, you can enjoy a large terrace with a garden.
• The basement: There you find two washing machines, a dryer and irons.
• Great service: The monthly rent includes all additional costs such as electricity, hot water, heating, internet (Wi-Fi), phone flatrate (landline) and a cleaning service for the kitchen and all common rooms as well as the bathrooms.
• Cologne Business School is inviting applications for Foreign Student Scholarships.
• These scholarships are designed exclusively for new international students (Bachelor, Master and fulltime MBA) who intent to study at Cologne Business School.
• Applications close: May 15, 2018
• Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor, master and fulltime MBA programme.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: CBS awards scholarships in order to reduce the tuition fees for talented foreign students.
• The level of the scholarship (25%, 50% and 75% of the tuition fee) mainly depends on the skills and the financing need of the applicant.
One of Canada’s best universities
Located in the beautiful Fraser Valley just east of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is a fully accredited, public university that enrolls approximately 15,000 students per year.
UFV has campuses and locations in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Hope and Agassiz, and a growing presence in Chandigarh, India.
UFV is large enough to offer variety, and yet small class sizes allow you to get to know your instructors and learn in a hands-on environment.
UFV offer more than 100 programs, including two master’s degrees, 15 bachelor’s degrees, majors, minors, and extended minors in more than 30 subject areas, and more than a dozen trades and technology programs.
Colleges, faculties, & schools
College of Arts
Faculty of Access and Continuing Education
Faculty of Applied and Technical Studies
Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty of Professional Studies
Faculty of Science
Campuses and locations
Located in the beautiful Fraser Valley just east of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is a fully accredited, public university that enrolls approximately 15,000 students per year.
UFV has campuses and locations in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, and Hope, and a growing presence in Chandigarh, India.
Tuition & fees
The cost of education in Canada is among the lowest in the world and UFV’s international tuition costs compare well with other Canadian universities.
All fees quoted below are in Canadian funds. All fees are subject to revision without notice.
Tuition: academic, University Foundation and full-session ESL programs
4-month semesters Tuition each semester
(excluding ancillary, admin & medical fees)
Winter 2017 — January to April
Flat fee $8050
Summer 2017 — May to August
Per credit $537
Fall 2017 – September to December
Flat Fee $8310
Co-op placement (any semester)
Flat fee $1,200
• The University of Manitoba is a public university in the province of Manitoba, Canada.
• Located in Winnipeg and founded in 1877, it was Western Canada’s first university.
• The university maintains a reputation as a top research-intensive post-secondary educational institution and conducts more research annually than any other university in the region.
• Our energetic university community is comprised of close to 30,000 students, over 8,900 faculty and staff, and 138,000 alumni in 137 countries. Over 16 per cent of our current students are international, representing 115 countries.
• The University of Manitoba is located on Anishinabe and Metis traditional land and is home to a thriving community of Indigenous researchers, staff and more than 2,000 First Nations, Metis and Inuit students, including over 3,580 graduate students — one of the largest Indigenous student bodies in the country.
• It is the largest university both by total student enrollment and campus area in the province of Manitoba, and the 17th largest in all of Canada.
• The university’s raised admissions standards, wide array of professional disciplines, and global outreach have resulted in one of the most diverse student bodies in Western Canada.
• The campus includes both Faculties of Law and Medicine, and boasts hundreds of degree programs.
• As of 2010, there have been 96 Rhodes Scholars from the University of Manitoba, more than from any other university in Western Canada.
• The University of Manitoba has three main locations: the Bannatyne Campus, the Fort Garry Campus and the William Norrie Centre.
• The downtown Bannatyne campus of the university comprises a complex of ten buildings located west of the Health Sciences Centre between McDermot Ave and William Ave in Central Winnipeg.
• This complex houses the medical and dental instructional units of the university.
• The Faculty of Dentistry, the Faculty of Medicine, the School of Medical Rehabilitation, and the School of Dental Hygiene are the major health sciences units located on this campus.
• The Faculty of Pharmacy officially joined the Bannatyne campus with the opening of the 95,000 sq ft (8,800 m2) Apotex Centre on October 16, 2008.
• The Brodie Center is known as the “flagship” which connects all three faculties as well as the Neil John MacLean Health Sciences Library and the Joe Doupe Fitness Centre. It is located on 727 McDermot Avenue.
• The main Fort Garry campus (located on the Red River in south Winnipeg) comprises over 60 teaching and research buildings of the University and sits on 274 hectares (680 acres) of land.
• In addition, Smartpark is the location of seven buildings leased to research and development organizations involving university-industry partnerships. The address is 66 Chancellors Circle.
• The William Norrie Centre on Selkirk Avenue is the campus for social work education for inner-city residents.
• The university operates agricultural research stations near Glenlea and Carman, Manitoba.
• The Ian N. Morrison Research Farm near Carman is a 406 acres (164 ha) facility located 70 km (43 mi) from Winnipeg, while the Glenlea facility is approximately 1,000 acres (405 ha) and located 20 km (12 mi) from Winnipeg.
OPPORTUNITIES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA
• Join the Student Leadership Development Program and connect with other like-minded students who feel empowered to create positive change.
• Support local projects by volunteering with Praxis for programs such as Gowns for Grads, Trick or Eat and Christmas Cheer.
• Travel to destinations like Ecuador, Nicaragua and El Salvador and work on projects relating to community development and social justice.
• Participate in an international exchange program to gain cross-cultural experience and university credit while paying U of M tuition.
• Earn official recognition for your service through volunteer and co-curricular programs.
CO-OP PROGRAMS AND INTERNSHIPS
• Complete your degree while rotating between the classroom and paid work experience.
• You can choose from co-op and internship programs in a variety of disciplines including: agriculture, business, engineering, environmental studies and science.
• International internships will help you gain valuable cross-cultural experience, language training, expose you to international industry and technology, and broaden your network of contacts.
$120 International Applicants
Estimated Costs: Full-time, first year U1 student (30 credit hours)
Actual costs for study at the University of Manitoba will depend on many factors (see residency, program choice and accommodations/lifestyle below).
Tuition – $14,700
Books & Supplies1 – $1,800
Medical Insurance2 – $292
Sport and Recreation Fee – $153
U-Pass3 – $265
Parking Pass (optional) – $560
Residence (optional) – $6,200 – $12,300
Totals – $17,200 – $30,000
• Your time in residence will be one of the most memorable and rewarding parts of your U of M experience.
• Living in residence is about more than the convenience of being minutes away from your classes and labs – it’s about meeting new people and belonging to a unique network that will enhance your education and personal growth.
• The Fort Garry campus is home to six residences, each equipped with furnished rooms and free high-speed Internet.
• Residence living offers meal plans, study spaces, lounges, laundry facilities and parking.
• Our newest residence, Pembina Hall, is a state-of-the-art building that offers single rooms and private washrooms and is home to our Engineering and Healthy.
• Active Living Learning Communities.
• Plus, the rooms have the best view on campus! Each residence has its own unique style, so choose the one that best suits you.
• Be sure to apply early as rooms are allocated on a
Auckland Institute of Studies is a unique tertiary institution with a distinctive international focus. Since its inception, this developing institute has attracted students and staff from countries around the world and now has developed a number of close relationships with leading educational institutions internationally.
This network has advantages for both our international and New Zealand students.
Our undergraduate and postgraduate students experience expert personalised education.
The learning and development of each student is guided by qualified and committed staff who see their primary role as mentors in helping students achieve success.
We have created learning pathways and support strategies are in place to cater for the different skills and abilities of individual students, maximising their opportunities to achieve their goals.
On each campus we ensure that a friendly nurturing environment balances and supports our rigorous and demanding academic programmes.
We utilise a variety of monitoring mechanisms to ensure that the quality of our programmes is maintained at the highest international standards.
Earning an AIS academic credential is a qualification for life, and requires each student to demonstrate a high level of personal commitment and integrity.
Studying at AIS is a uniquely rewarding experience
Auckland Institute of Studies offer programmes in:
Bachelor of International Business (Level 7) (specialisations in Accounting, E-Business, International Trade, Management, Marketing), – NZ$17,920
Bachelor of IT (Level 7) (specialisations in Software Development,
Information Systems, Internet Technology),
Bachelor of Tourism Management (Level 7), – NZ$17,920
Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Level 7) – NZ$17,920
Diploma in International Business (Level 6), – NZ$17,920
Diploma in IT (Level 6),
Diploma in Tourism management (Level 6),
Diploma in Hospitality Operations Management (Level 6)
Diploma in International Business (Level 5), – NZ$17,920
Diploma in IT (Level 5),
Diploma in Tourism Management (Level 5),
Diploma in Hospitality Operations (Level 5)
Master of Business Administration – NZ$32,700
Tourism Management – NZ$18,920
Hospitality Management – NZ$18,920
Information Technology –
English Teacher Training
Master of Business Administration (Level 9) (specialisations in International Business, Finance,
Marketing, Operations and Logistics),
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (Level 8),
Graduate Diploma in International Business (Level 7) (3 elective courses in E-Business, International Trade, Management and Marketing),
Graduate Diploma in IT (Level 7) (specialisations in Software Development, Computer Networks, Information Systems, Internet Technology), – NZ$19,600
Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management (Level 7) – NZ$18,920
STUDENT SERVICES FEE (compulsory) – NZ$270 per year
Includes pastoral care and counselling services,
employment and careers information and guidance,
recreation and cultural activities and Student Council activities.
ON-CAMPUS ACCOMMODATION (not including meals)
Accommodation Bond (refundable) payable in advance NZ$300
Multi Share Room (4 students per room) – Casual weekly rate – NZ$170
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, prominently placed across Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and residential growth corridors.
We pride ourselves on our record of providing quality education and training that leads to real career outcomes.
Our long-term success means you can trust that you’ll learn job ready skills, and earn a respected qualification.
We are a government-owned TAFE that offers over 250 certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, bachelor and graduate certificate courses, with each course carefully structured to ensure that all of our graduates finish with the skills needed to further their career aspirations.
Chisholm is a safe investment in your future.
What we can do for you
Chisholm provides relevant education and training with real job prospects.
Learning with us means that you’ll earn a qualification that is recognised by employers across the country.
Our goal has always been to provide education that can directly enhance your employment opportunities in the workforce.
You’ll be taught by teachers who know the industry first hand, and have significant experience in what the needs of employers are.
We offer multiple learning options including on-campus, online and in the workplace to fit in with your busy lifestyle.
We have seven locations across South East Melbourne, all conveniently located with parking and public transport access.
Each campus features a modern learning environment, helpful support services, and world class facilities.
If you need a study solution that considers your work or family commitments, we have online courses that are perfect for you.
We offer 20 courses online, ranging from Certificate IV to Diploma and Graduate Certificate qualifications and deliver these in a virtual classroom with innovative learning tools.
Each online course includes access to assistance seven days a week and encourages you to learn at your own pace, in your own time.
These courses are delivered by our dedicated and specialist online team – Chisholm Online.
In the workplace
We deliver training in the workplace.
This may include work placement as part of your course work—so you get real on-the-job experience with your nationally recognised qualification.
We can also work with your employer.
We have apprenticeship courses to increase your skills and qualifications which can make all the difference in your career options.
Building and construction
Cookery and Patisserie
Bachelor of Community Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs – 3 Years Full-Time or 6 Years Part-Time – Maximum Tuition Fee*: $39,600.00
Bachelor of Engineering Technology – 3 Years Full-Time – Maximum Tuition Fee*: $37,440.00
Bachelor of Design – 3.5 Years Full-Time or 6 Years Part-Time – Maximum Tuition Fee*: $38,400.00
Why study at Chisholm?
Through our student centred training approach and emphasis on accountability, responsibility and ownership, the program equips students with relevant industry knowledge and practical job-ready skills.
With the Chisholm model, students engage with content in their own time prior to the formal workshops.
This allows us to tailor workshops around your specific needs and focus on key areas of importance for your business.
Throughout the program participants work together on projects that require real life skills such as teamwork, collaboration, problem solving, effective communication, innovation and resourcefulness.
Our innovative, industry first quality training programs are founded on developing a critical modern day workplace skills for students including:
Planning and organising
Technology and learning
Initiative and enterprise.
At each workshop, participants take away a ‘best idea’ to implement within a three to four week period with the support of mentors/supervisors.
The ‘idea’ may be as simple as a commitment to adopt positive behaviour when dealing with difficult resident behaviours.
Participants will keep a log book of the ‘best idea’ in a journal.
Other key benefits include:
Content linked to the industry standards and outcomes
Employees improve their skills whilst the business benefits through increased productivity
Students receive a certificate of participation which can be used as evidence of professional development.
Training and assessment staff
Chisholm will provide appropriately qualified staff to deliver the training and assessment services.
Training and assessment staff assist the Delivery Manager and client in delivering an outcome focused high quality training program incorporating compliant training and assessment activities.
Training and assessment staff are responsible for:
Coordinating workplace training visits through the client
Conducting compliant training and assessment
Supervising monthly required releases from routine work duties to participate in on-the-job learning
Assisting the Industry Engagement Advisor and client in identifying further training opportunities within the organisation
Serving as a liaison between client and Australian Apprenticeship Centres (ACC) where appropriate.
Qualification of training staff Chisholm appoints only properly qualified staff to deliver training and assessment services. At a minimum, our training staff hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and a qualification in the industry for the course they are delivering.
In addition, Chisholm trainers maintain a close connection with their industry so that they are familiar with current industry practice and emerging trends. Your Chisholm teacher/trainer is an industry expert and a skilled learning facilitator.
Your degree studies will provide you with the knowledge, practical skills and experience that employers look for, giving you the best chance of career success.
You’ll enjoy high-quality teaching, which is independently commended by the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. Many of our degree courses are also accredited by professional bodies.
Flexible study routes
To help you meet our entry requirements we offer a range of tailored foundation and preparation courses. These are designed to improve your English language, develop study skills, and build your subject knowledge, before you start your degree.
Twenty-first century study facilities
You’ll have access to award-winning Learning Resources Centres, which are widely regarded as the best among UK universities, as well as state-of-the-art specialist facilities at our schools.
You’ll also be connected to student, your online University available 24/7 on the web from any location.
A great location
You’ll be only half an hour from central London, and within easy reach of all 4 of the capital’s international airports. You’re guaranteed university accommodation in your first year on an attractive, safe campus.
Location and Safe Transport
Two sites – one in Hatfield and one in Bayfordbury (a rural field station and observatory outside Hertford).
Outstanding transport links to the rest of the UK, the university is well located with London only 25 minutes’ away by train to London King’s Cross tube and railway station.
Uno Bus, a University of Hertfordshire owned bus company, was set up by the university in 1992 to provide student transport to the expanding university from local areas as well as improving east–west travel across the county and opening up new links from north London.
International transport well served with London Luton and London Stansted airports just 20 miles from the university.
More than 50% of our academic staff are Fellows of the Higher Education Academy, recognising their commitment to professionalism in teaching and learning.
The university’s School of Pharmacy has been awarded full Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain accreditation.
95.2% of our students are in employment or further study within six months after graduation. (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education 2013–14).
The university invests significant resources in building partnerships with industry to ensure our students benefit from those relationships.
Students are well served in information technology. The Library and Resource Centre on the College Lane Campus offers 24-hour access to hundreds of computer workstations.
A second centre on the de Havilland campus provides another 1,100 workstations.
The virtual learning environment has been a leader in its field, giving all staff and students their own storage space. Students can use it for study, revision or communication, as well as to access university information.
UHArts is an umbrella organisation promoting the arts and maximising the use of the university’s arts venues, performance spaces and galleries for professional arts events.
A nursery with places for student and staff children aged 3 months–5 years.
The main source of nightlife is the Forum – it offers the best live entertainment and club facilities available in Hertfordshire. With a total capacity of 2,000, the Forum is a sophisticated venue with three entertainment spaces, a restaurant, a café, multiple bars and onsite parking.
The ‘local pub’ on campus, the revamped Ele house, holds comfy seats, big screen TVs, and pool tables providing a convenient location to socialise. Open daily from 11.00–23.00 with food served every day.
The university has over 400 different software applications available for students and staff to use. This includes a Microsoft Office 365 account for the duration of their time at UH.
Wi-fi is available across campus and in on campus residences.
Student union shops are located on both College Lane and De Havilland campuses
The university’s Student Centre is housed in the Hutton Hub along with an on-site bank.
University of Hertfordshire ranks 351-400 among world universities by Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2014.
In another university ranking published by Times Higher Education (THE 100 Under 50 universities 2015), a global ranking of the top 100 world universities under 50 years old, University of Hertfordshire was placed 71st.
In another league table released by Times Higher Education in January 2015, Hertfordshire ranks 84th in the top 100 most international universities in the world. The rankings are based on excellence across teaching, research, citations, industry income and international outlook.
In 2015, The University of Hertfordshire has climbed sixteen places in the Guardian University Guide 2015, ranking 66 out of 116 UK universities.
As one of the UK’s modern universities achieving university status after 1992, the university is currently ranked 42nd out of 67, by the Sunday Times University Guide, for modern university rankings.
The Sunday Times has ranked the university 15th place, out of the 19 universities, based in the south east of England.
The University offers over 800 undergraduate, postgraduate, CPD, online distance learning and short courses in its 11 schools of study, within which there are around 50 academic departments and 24 research centres.
• Hertfordshire Business School
• Computer Science
• Creative Arts
• Engineering and Technology
• Health and Social Work
• Life and Medical Sciences
• Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics
• Hertfordshire Higher Education Consortium
Undergraduate course: £11,500 per year
Postgraduate course: £12,500 per year
Weekly living expenses
Average living expenses for international students
Type of expense Average cost per week
Cost for rent will vary depending on if you live on or off campus and in a shared or single room. See cost of campus accommodation.
Utilities: heating/light £20
Costs for heating and light is included if you stay in University campus accommodation.
You may also need to find money to cover additional one-off expenses on arrival, or during your time in the UK, for example:
Average one-off expenses for international students
Type of expense Average cost
Study equipment (including books) £320 to £740
Personal Computer or laptop £1000
Warm clothing £400 to £450
Trips, holidays and social events £500
UH Graduate Scholarships
The value of the UH Graduate Scholarship is a 20% tuition fee reduction.
College Lane Campus
There is a mix of accommodation styles available at this campus, comprising Flats, Houses and traditional Halls of Residence, with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities. All rooms have network connections. There are some double rooms at the College Lane campus.
De Havilland Campus
The de Havilland Campus offers modern, self-contained flats for around eleven students with single bedrooms, en suite facilities, fridges and network connections. The shared kitchens are comfy and have all the latest appliances.
You can live on either campus regardless of where you’re studying.
Off campus accommodation
Ridgeview Lodge is in London Colney, near St Albans, and is a short drive from
Private property managed by University of Hertfordshire
A number of local Hatfield privately owned properties have been secured to increase our capacity to house new students to the University in 2011.
Private rented properties
There are a number of local letting agents in the Hatfield area. We can offer information and advice on renting privately.
Lodgings with a local family
Some students choose to live with a local family, who may even provide meals. We can give you a list of nearby lodgings.
Deakin has four great campuses throughout Victoria, Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waterfront, Geelong Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool.
Each location provides a unique study experience and gives our students access to the latest tools and technologies such as the Deakin Motion.Lab and the Geelong Technology Precinct.
Regional and outer metropolitan residents can also benefit from our Deakin learning centres.
We make it a priority to maintain close industry relationships so that everything you learn is modern and relevant to your future career.
Many of our courses offer professional accreditation and endorsement through a range of industry placements and internship programs.
Deakin also actively encourages students to make the most of study abroad opportunities.
We have over 100 partner universities in more than 40 countries around the world.
For five consecutive years, Deakin has achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction amongst Victorian universities. These great results are based on 2010–2014 Australian Graduate Survey responses to ‘Overall Satisfaction’ amongst bachelor’s degree graduates.
The 2012 Beyond Graduation Survey found that, of our 2009 bachelor’s degree graduates who were available for full-time employment:
95.2 per cent of those surveyed were employed full-time three years after graduating, (the national average is 92.2 per cent)
Only 1.6 per cent of those surveyed were not working three years after graduating, (the national average is 3.4 per cent).
We are proud to be in the top 3 per cent of universities across all three of the major international university ranking systems (the Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS World University Rankings), assessed from 17 000 universities worldwide.
Our current achievements include:
Ranked in the world’s top 50 universities under 50 years of age – QS World University Rankings
5 stars out of 5 for student retention – The Good Universities Guide
5 stars out of 5 for overall satisfaction – The Good Universities Guide
Named International Education Provider of the Year, and won awards for Excellence in Education (University) and Excellence in International Education (Student Employability and Careers) at the Victorian International Education Awards 2014
In the top 400 in The Academic Ranking of World Universities
Ranked number 325 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
Number 360 in the QS World University Rankings
Deakin’s education discipline ranked 23 in the world – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014
Cardiff University is situated in the heart of the Welsh capital.
At Cardiff University we aim to be a world-leading, research-excellent, educationally outstanding university, driven by creativity and curiosity. We value the contributions that our postgraduate students make to the University and its aims, and seek to offer a challenging and supportive environment in which you too can achieve your personal goals. We look forward to welcoming you to Cardiff in the near future.
Why Cardiff University?
We are research intensive
Our world-leading research was ranked 5th for quality and 2nd for impact amongst UK universities in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework
Our world-class research staff includes Nobel Laureates, Fellows of the Royal Society and fellows of other learned societies
Research funding awards exceed £100m annually, with a total value of our research contracts of £500m
We are innovative
We are in the top five universities for the number of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
We are 8th in the UK for the number of interactions with small and medium-sized enterprises
Our partnership with Fusion IP has led to over £40m investment in spinout companies
Our enterprising graduates have founded more than 270 businesses in the last three years
We are investing £300m in our new Innovation Campus, including £44m in a new facility to house a unique collection of the most powerful brain imaging scanners in Europe
We care about our students
With more than 30,000 students we are the 12th largest university in the UK. Of these, more than 8,000 are postgraduates
We understand the pressures of advanced study and so our Graduate Centre provides you with the opportunity to work and socialise in a dedicated facility
Our University Graduate College provides training and support to our research students
86% of our research and 92% of our taught students were satisfied with their overall experience; more than the UK average
We are part of the Great Western Four Alliance of four universities working together to translate research into real-world applications and stimulate growth
Many of our Doctoral Training Programmes are run in partnership with other universities
We have a strong engagement with the public sector, higher education institutes, and businesses and industries in Wales, the UK and beyond
We run engagement projects with communities in Cardiff, Wales and beyond
We were ranked 5th among UK universities when judged on research quality and 2nd on research impact in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
This prestigious national assessment exercise, undertaken periodically by the UK funding councils, has confirmed our place as a world-leading centre of research excellence
Cardiff Business School
Ranked number 6 for Business and Management Studies in the UK by REF 2014.
Ranked number 7 in the Times Good University Guide 2015.
Brand new £13.5 million Postgraduate Teaching Centre which houses the School’s postgraduate programmes.
Graduate destinations: Deloitte, HSBC, KPMG, PWC, Microsoft
School of English, Communication & Philosophy
Ranked in top 10 for English Language and Literature in the UK by REF 2014.
Research-inspired teaching prepares students for graduate destinations in fields of legal and education professions, publishing and the creative industries and also private sector business.
Cardiff Law School
Ranked number 13 for Law in the UK by REF 2014.
Ranked in the top 150 for Law in the world by the QS World Rankings 2015.
One of the largest law libraries in the UK with over 100,000 volumes and a wealth of online resources.
The only Russell Group University to offer professional training courses, BPTC and LPC
Graduate destinations: Azmi and Associates in Kuala Lumpur; Fox, Mandal and Little in New Delhi; Hassan and Hassan in Pakistan; Nigerian Ports Authority.
School of Social Sciences
Ranked number 3 for Sociology in the UK by REF 2014.
Ranked top 150 in the world for Sociology and Education by the QS World University Rankings 2015.
Research influences policy and practice, with the School having excellent links with Government, major private and public organisations and the voluntary sector.
School of Medicine
Ranked number 8 in the UK for Clinical Medicine by the REF 2014.
Ranked in the top 150 for Medicine in the QS World Rankings 2015.
One of the largest Medical Schools in the UK and linked with institutions worldwide.
The School is based at one of the UK’s biggest hospitals.
The UK’s largest medical school provider of postgraduate distance learning programmes.
Reputation – Founded in 1883, Cardiff University is established as one of Britain’s leading research universities. A member of the elite Russell Group top 24 UK research-led universities.
Our 2016 International Scholarship Fund of c.£1.5M offers awards across all academic levels: Foundation, Undergraduate, Postgraduate Taught, and PhD.
There are many scholarships on offer to our prospective students.
Cardiff University scholarships
Details of our scholarships including eligible subjects and how to apply.
Academic School scholarships
Our academic schools offer scholarships to high-achieving students.
Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol scholarships
The Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol offers a number of scholarships for studying through the medium of Welsh.
• At Cardiff University, we have a range of services dedicated to helping you to make the most of student life.
• It is important to us that our students feel that they have the support they need in order to thrive during their time with us. Student Support Centre Our Student Support Centre houses five main areas of support provision available to our postgraduates.
• Advice and Guidance We offer free, impartial, nonjudgemental and confidential advice, face-to-face over the phone and by email.
• This service is available to prospective and current students in relation to a range of issues including extra funding, bursaries, fees, loans, debts, childcare, housing, academic matters and other welfare issues.
• Financial Support
• The Student Support Centre offers advice on funding, benefits and placement year funding, in addition to overseeing financial support services for students experiencing money issues.
• A variety of support is available for students with financial difficulties, including the Financial Contingency and Hardship funds.
• Counselling, Health and Wellbeing We offer of a range of support to students on a confidential basis, including wellbeing interventions, self-help resources, interactive workshops, wellbeing drop-in sessions and one-to-one, email and telephone counselling.
• Disability and Dyslexia
• The Disability and Dyslexia Service provides information, advice and support to students and applicants with specific learning difficulties, disabilities, medical conditions and mental health difficulties.
• We provide a non-judgmental and confidential service to assist you during your studies. International Students Confidential advice and support for students from outside the UK on a wide range of issues including immigration and visas.
• Careers & Employability
• Our careers service offers advice and information, workshops, events, work experience placements and more.
• The centre provides information, advice and support on all aspects of career planning, including what to do with your degree, job hunting and recruitment, further study, taking time out, work experience, academic skills and employability.
• University Chaplaincy
• Our inter-faith chaplaincy offers advice, support and care, as well as supporting student groups and organising a regular programme of worship, lectures and social events.
• Our Chaplains provide a range of services, including social events, opportunities to explore religious faith and issues of social justice, confidential pastoral listening, quiet spaces for prayer or meditation, lectures and debates, opportunities for worship and communal prayer, information about local faith communities and places of worship, and inter-faith events to encourage dialogue between members of different religions.
• Day Care Centre
• The Day Care Centre provides crèche facilities to students with children aged 10 weeks to 5 years.
• Located in the heart of the Cathays Campus, the Centre offers care through the medium of English and basic Welsh.
• The staff provides children with age-appropriate learning and play activities, and nutritious, well-balanced meals catering to vegetarian and other diets.
• Early application is advisable
• We know that where you live is very important to you. You will want to settle quickly and live in a secure, sociable location that is also a suitable study environment.
• University Residences Living in a University residence provides you with the opportunity to meet and get to know students from a variety of backgrounds and studying a range of different subjects.
• Dedicated postgraduate flats and blocks are available so that you can meet, live and work alongside students who understand the demands of postgraduate study. We have numerous residences, with facilities, locations and budgets to suit every student.
• Your choices include: Single or mixed gender accommodation Private or shared bathrooms.
• About 70% of University residences have private bathrooms
• Self-catered, part-catered or fully catered (with vegetarian options)
• A variety of social and sporting facilities
• A limited supply of residences suitable for couples or families is available, Please note this cannot be guaranteed and you should not bring your family to Cardiff until suitable accommodation has been secured.
• Information on how to apply for University accommodation will be sent electronically to all eligible offer-holders.
• Private Sector Accommodation For UK students, and for any international or EU Students who wish to rent privately owned accommodation rather than live in University halls, there is a good variety of accommodation available for rental in the city.
• Our Residences Office can provide you with lists of properties known to us that are currently available to rent.
• Our Students’ Union also runs its own professional letting agency, Cardiff Student Letting, which provides student houses for many budgets and does not charge agency fees.
• Other letting agencies are available within the city, but you should always ensure they are reputable before signing any paperwork or handing over any money
Cardiff University has a range of residences to suit individual preferences and budgets.
Undergraduates and overseas/EU postgraduates (arriving in September) are guaranteed a place in accommodation for the duration of their studies.
Estimated Living Costs – Rs 410984
Cardiff has one of the lowest living costs of any major UK University city.
Each year there are a range of Cardiff University scholarship awards that students are able to apply for.
25 academic schools, offering over 300 Undergraduate courses, more than 200 Postgraduate Taught Masters’ and a vast range of Postgraduate Research Degrees.
Cardiff University is investing £300m in a new Innovation Campus, which will include The Centre for Student Life and the building of a new £44m brain research imaging centre (CUBRIC).
At Cardiff, you can choose from over 300 degree programmes. We offer flexibility so you can tailor some components of your degree to suit your own interests and career ambitions.
• Bachelor of Arts – 14000 Pounds (Rs 784000) per year
• Business school courses – 14500 Pounds (Rs 812000) per year
• Bachelor of Dental Surgery – 31000 Pounds (Rs 1736000) per year
• BSC physiotherapy – 17500 Pounds (Rs 980000) per year
• Bachelor of Nursing – 24399 Pounds (Rs 1366344)
Top 5 reasons to study the Cardiff University International Foundation Programme:
Automatic progression to many degree schemes at Cardiff University upon successful completion.
Taught on Cardiff University campus, with students full members of Cardiff University with access to all facilities.
Each student is allocated two personal tutors, one for the English language modules studied and one for the academic subjects. Offering support and guidance to students.
Guaranteed accommodation at Cardiff University residences.
Comprehensive induction programme with a free coach collection service from Heathrow and Cardiff airport, also including information events and social activities.
CQUniversity has many locations; each with its own lively character and range of facilities and services as well as program and course offerings.
CQUniversity and CQ TAFE have now merged and have commenced operating as Queensland’s first dual sector University.
CQUniversity now offers a more comprehensive approach to education and training and has one of the largest footprints of any tertiary education institution in Australia.
CQUniversity is home to world-class research institutes: the Appleton Institute for Behavioural Science, Learning and Teaching Education Research Centre, Institute for Health and Social Science Research and the Institute for Resource Industries and Sustainability.
Several of its research centres (Centre for Rail Engineering, the Power and Energy Centre, the Centre for Environmental Management and the Centre for Plant and Water Sciences have an emphasis on supporting growth and prosperity in CQUniversity’s home region of Central Queensland.
CQUniversity has 15 campuses including newly merged regional Queensland campuses in Gladstone, Emerald, Mackay and Rockhampton along with existing campuses in Adelaide, Bundaberg, Brisbane, Cairns, Gladstone, Mackay, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Noosa, Sydney and Townsville.
Other locations for CQUniversity are currently established in Biloela, Cairns, Cannonvale, Charters Towers, Cooma, Edithvale, Geraldton, Karratha, Perth and Yeppoon. These locations will be as a mix of Distance Education Study Centres,Partner Study Hubs, Study Centres and Delivery Sites.
Business, Accounting and Law
Creative, Performing and Visual Arts
Education and Humanities
Engineering and Built Environment
Information Technology and Digital Media
Psychology, Social Work and Community Services
Science and Environment
English, Work and Study Preparation
Trades and Training
CQUniversity is one of Australia’s leading providers of flexible education and training with hundreds of programs and courses offered by distance education.
Distance education gives you the flexibility to study or train without regularly attending classes on-campus, allowing you to balance study with family and work commitments.
It also provides an opportunity for those who live in rural and remote areas, or internationally, to access education and training without the need to relocate.
Choose to study by Distance Education at CQUniversity and benefit from:
access to dedicated Distance Education Study Centres nation-wide
online delivery and resources
extensive student support services
regular and ongoing contact with our teaching professionals and support staff.
Studying on-campus is a great way to experience university.
On-campus study involved face-to-face classes on a weekly basis, in accordance with a strict timetable.
Surrounded by a supportive campus community, enjoy exciting opportunities to meet new people and participate in in extra-curricular activities so you can have fun while you study.
Easy access to campus-based facilities such as libraries, lecture theatres and other learning spaces, student advice centres and commercial outlets such as food and beverage retailers.
Enjoy state-of-the-art learning facilities in a bustling CBD environment, with easy access to public transport, shopping, dining and leisure opportunities.
Our expansive, tree-studded regional campuses offer a more relaxed learning environment with free on-site parking, on-campus accommodation options, student recreation and sporting facilities, and more.
GIST International College is located in Dushu Lake Higher Education Town in the Suzhou Industrial Park, east of Suzhou city. Dushu Lake Higher Education Town is a centralized area of high quality education.
It is 79 km away from Shanghai Hongqiao Airport which offers regular shuttles between the two cities.
There is a direct bus service from Suzhou Train Station passing through the North Coach Station to the University. By train, the trip takes 45 minutes.
GIST International College is an international college located in Suzhou, China. We offer business and technology courses with pathways to higher qualifications from international partner universities, and tie-ins to industry and professions for high graduate employability.
The college provides students with perspectives and opportunities to participate in the vast potentials of the shifting economies in China and the region.
GIST International College provides high-quality education that supports the fast growth agenda of the region through our Colleges, training centers and partner network. We are strongly supported by our industrial partners, who include big names like Microsoft, Motorola, Cisco, Apple and a lot more, and all of them are present in SIP. Through our industrial partners, students have an opportunity to apply for internship in these companies.
The college was started by GEM International, an education management group developing business & technology education in China and Southeast Asia.
GIST International College (GIC) has opened its doors for foreign students to earn a UK or US degree through its unique collaboration with Staffordshire University, UK and The State University of New York – Alfred State, US.
A remarkable experience for students to learn the Chinese language and explore opportunities in China. Undoubtedly, study abroad with GIST opens an exciting world of opportunities for you.
Why Staffordshire University China ?
International networking: plenty of people come to study in China with goals other than Chinese fluency and a China-related career. Personal development, networking and cultivating other skills besides Chinese are valid and common reasons for studying in GIC.
Affordability: studying and living in China is cheaper than studying and living in European countries, the U.S, Japan, South Korea and many other countries, in term of tuition fee and living expenses.
Quality of Education: the academic qualifications awarded by Chinese universities and international colleges are recognized by most developed countries. The Chinese government has signed an agreement on mutual recognition of academic qualifications with number of countries including U.S. UK, Japan and 65 other countries.
Modern, safe and friendly, Staffordshire University welcomes students from around the world. Here are just some of the reasons why you should study with Staffordshire University:
A truly multicultural environment, with over 1,700 international students on its UK campus.
Experience different cultures; make new friends and contacts from across the globe.
High quality courses that deliver the skills employer’s value.
Our reputation for producing highly qualified graduates who are well-equipped to succeed in their chosen careers.
Lecturers who are experts in the industries, careers and professions they represent.
Close relationship with globe business to ensure our teaching keeps in step with the latest trends.
Industry-leading facilities and study environments that reflect the real world.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK ALFRED STATE COLLEGE
Earn your AMERICAN DEGREE through 3+1 pathway
@ GIST International College
Founded 1980, Alfred State is a member of 64 colleges & universities in the SUNY system – the largest state University system in the U.S.
Excellent programs in Business, Technology and Engineering.
Ranked among the top public universities in the North by US news & World report.
98% of students have jobs or continuing their education upon graduation.
Low student-to-teacher ratio, many students clubs and sports.
SUNY Alfred approved and trained faculty members at GIST ensure that you are taught to the highest academic standards through the most up-to-date teaching practices.
Suzhou & Its Climate
Suzhou, a city of just over 6 million inhabitants, is the historic silk capital of China.
It is about an hour’s drive northwest of Shanghai. Being an integral part of the Yangtze River Delta area, the city has a rich history dating back more than 2,500 years.
It is the home of Sun Zi, and the setting for his Art of War philosophy and book. European explorer Marco Polo called Suzhou “the Venice of China.” The Chinese call it “Paradise on Earth.”
Suzhou is located in a subtropical monsoon zone, so the weather is mild and moist with four distinct seasons. It is best to visit Suzhou between March and June because the temperature is not too low and the flowers are in full bloom until June. The Plum Rain Season of June is followed by a hot July. After July, a harvest autumn arrives.
UK Degree Programmes 3+0 STAFFORDSHIRE UNIVERSITY
• BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology
• BSc (Hons) Portable Games Programming
• BSc (Hons) Web Development
• BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
• BSc (Hons) Computing Science
• BSc (Hons) ARTS
• Accounting & Finance
• Business Management
• Business Management & Entrepreneurship
• International Business Management
• Marketing Management
• FOR 1ST YEAR: Rs 180 000 + Rs 12880 (Staffordshire Uni fees)
• FOR 2nd YEAR: Rs 192 024 + Rs 14560 (Staffordshire Uni fees)
• FOR 3rd YEAR Rs 203976 + Rs 15680 (Staffordshire Uni fees)
• Total tuition fees: Rs 288 000 (Rs 576 000)
• INTAKE DATE: MARCH & SEPTEMBER
American Degree Program- State University of New York (SUNY), Alfred State College
• Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Technology Management
• Bachelor of Science Computer Engineering Technology
• Tuition fees per year :Rs 90 000 (Rs 180 000)
• Whole 3 years: Rs 1620 000 (Rs 540 000)
• NOTE: Final year in the State University of New York – Alfred State College cost approx.Rs 1044000 (includes tuition fee, accommodation & meals)
GIST International College – Programmes
International Foundation Programme – 2 Semesters Programme
Duration: 1 year
Intake date: March & September
University fee: Rs 10080
Tuition fee per semester: Rs 36000 (Rs 72,000)
Total tuition fees: Rs 72000 (Rs 144,000)
HOSPITALITY & CULINARY ARTS
Diploma in Culinary Arts
Our Diploma in Culinary Arts teaches the essential skills & knowledge in culinary arts.
Acquire the ability to organise food production according to international standards.
It gives you the opportunity to develop leadership skills, management abilities, personal growth and accountability.
It also offers sound basic training and an internship program with food service employers so students will gain practical experience giving them a distinct advantage when seeking employment in the culinary field.
Upon completion, you will gain advanced standing into Year 2 of Taylors-Toulouse University degree programme (to be completed in Taylors Lakeside Campus, Malaysia)
What’s so unique about our Diploma in Culinary Arts?
• Internship in renowned restaurants, food & beverage organisations in Suzhou & Shanghai.
• Taught by international lecturers.
• Experience transnational education; understanding different cultures, lifestyles and cuisine will help you in your culinary career.
• Direct pathway into Toulouse University, France.
Diploma in Hospitality Management
Our Diploma in International Hospitality Management aims to equip you with knowledge and practical skill on all major aspects of the hospitality industry; accommodation, foodservice and business.
Span over 7 semesters; you will be taught management and technical skills for a successful career in the hospitality industry.
Upon completion, you will gain advanced standing into Year 2 of Taylors-Toulouse University degree programme (to be completed in Taylors Lakeside Campus, Malaysia)
What’s so unique about our Diploma in International Hospitality Management?
• Internship at established hospitality, food production & service, event management organisations in Suzhou & Shanghai.
• Experience transnational education; understanding different cultures, lifestyles and cuisine will help you in your hospitality career.
• Direct pathway into Toulouse University, France.
• Taught by international lecturers.
• Tuition fee per year: Rs 96000 (Rs 192024)
• Duration: 2.5 year
• Intake date: April & August
• Total tuition fees: Rs 240000 (Rs 192024)
ESTIMATED LIVING EXPENSES
Rs 20340 per month/Rs 244080 per year
ACCOMMODATION – TYPE: MBA3-ROOM
APARTMENT – Rs 5220 per month
FOOD, TRANSPORTATION, BOOKS &
STATIONERY AND PERSONAL EXPENSES – Rs 15120 per month
Some facts about Staffordshire University:
Staffordshire University undergoes review by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), the body which protects quality and standards in the UK higher education sector. QAA’s reports on Staffordshire University are available here. All the reports indicate confidence in the academic standards at the University.
Offer over 800 highly respected courses, including future-facing new courses; computer games design, music technology, animation, forensic accounting and motorsport technology which are supported by study skills training, academic advice and guidance, work placements, career planning and more.
Investment in sector-leading facilities, including a fully equipped television studio in Stafford, a media centre with a working broadcast newsroom in Stoke-on-Trent and the new Science and Technology Centre (opens in 2012)
Creation of a fast growing graduate enterprise community based in Business Villages in Stoke, Stafford and Lichfield. SU assist graduates with mentoring, advising, guiding, helping arrange grant funding and even providing premises in one of the Business Villages. SU typically help around 30 graduate firms to start up each year.
High ranking for graduate employment (The Sunday Times, September 2010)
Recognition as one of the three most improved universities in the UK (2010 Times Higher Education survey)
GIST International College collaborative programmes with Staffordshire University are franchised by the University, who also award the Degrees. Our solid relationship with Staffordshire University is particularly notable in our strong shared mission of producing highly employable graduates.
Get your UK Degree @ affordable fees
surrounded by Fortune 500 MNCs – job opportunities awaits you!
Admission Fee subsidized
Scholarships available to all students
Complimentary Chinese Culture & Language Course offered
Tuition Fee is between Rs 212400 – Rs 237600 per year
Up to 50% bursary off first Year tuition fee is available for September 2015 intake.
Quality but yet affordable UK Degree… Located in massive Education Town containing students… Surrounded by Fortune 500 Multinational Companies
Today China is known as the next HOTTEST Education Destination for EMPLOYABILITY & NETWORKING.
China will be one of the hottest destinations for international students to pursue their tertiary education because of its long history and exciting culture.
A remarkable experience for students to learn the Chinese language & culture; and explore opportunities in China. Undoubtedly, STUDY ABROAD with us opens an exciting world of opportunities for you, more so as SUZHOU INDUSTRIAL PARK (SIP); the location of GIC, is surrounded by 3000+ Multities for INTERNSHIP with an EMPLOYABILITY edge.
NETWORKING opportunities exist in abundance as GIC is situated in Dushu Lake Higher Education Town which consists of 60,000+ students from over 30 nationalities in 16 Universities.
Parents & Students are accepting the fact now that STUDYING ABROAD in CHINA opens up an exciting world of opportunities for the NEXT GENERATION. China, as the oldest continuous civilization in the world with one of today’s fastest economies, the country offers a unique blend of traditional and modern civilisations.
WHY NOT CHINA?
Staffordshire University, UK – A complete BRITISH Degree at Staffordshire University CHINA CENTRE
Staffordshire University (SU) has set up its China Centre at GIST International College, Suzhou. It is a dedicated centre for students to have a direct link with SU which will provide a unique mixture of global cultures, an internationalised curriculum and successful long-standing international collaborations. SU is one of the pioneers in UK to offer degree programmes outside of UK and also internationally renowned for producing high-calibre graduates who are in great demand from employers especially in mainland CHINA; and who have the skills to build exciting rewarding careers.
The State University of New York – Alfred State College (3 years @ GIC + Final year in US)
GIC is the first international partner in China to The State University of New York (SUNY) – Alfred State College, one of the top ranked private universities & also the largest university system in the US. Founded in 1908, Alfred State, one of SUNY’s premier colleges of technology, is ranked among the top regional colleges in the North by US News & World Report. It has an average class size of 20 students per class, and graduate employability rate of 97%. Under the 3+1 arrangement, students can now study 3 years in GIC and complete their final year degree in New York. Internship is available in CHINA or US for technology management and computer engineering majors.
About GIST International College (GIC)
GIC, Suzhou, China is one of the first international colleges in China. We are set to lead a new dimension to offer an option for students to obtain a foreign degree from established universities around the world. This is timely as China is now an emerging superpower as the new world economic and technology powerhouse.
GIC is situated in Dushu Lake Higher Education Town which consist of more than 60,000+ students from over 30 nationalities in 16 Universities within Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP); a joint development project between the Government of Singapore and the Government of China. There are currently over 100+ Fortune 500 companies, 3000+ multinational companies and more than 9000+ domestic China giant companies in SIP, which provides internship with employability & networking opportunities for foreign expatriates and graduates who have English proficiency and the China experience.
GIC provides high-quality education that supports the fast growing economic agenda of the region through our colleges, training centres and partner networks. We are strongly supported by our industrial partners, who include big names like Microsoft, Motorola, Cisco, Apple and a lot more, and all of them are present in SIP. Through our industrial partners, students have an opportunity to apply for internship in these companies.
Why choosing University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus?
“Nottingham is the nearest Britain has to a truly global university, with campuses in China and Malaysia modelled on a headquarters that is among the most attractive in Britain.”
The Times Good University Guide 2013 The University of Nottingham is one of the world’s best universities, distinguished for its commitment to learning and world-class research.
The University of Nottingham offers over 400 degree programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, including taught (BA/BSc etc, MA/MSc) and research (MPhil, PhD) degrees, across the following Faculties: • Arts • Engineering • Medicine and Health Sciences • Sciences • Social Sciences (including the Business School)
The University of Nottingham was placed in the top 1% of all universities worldwide in the QS World University Rankings 2012/13, with a ranking of 72nd in the world.
Nottingham was also placed 9th in the UK by the established Shanghai Jiao Tong World Rankings 2013. Both these tables rate the University as one of the Top 100 universities in the world.
The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus is an overseas campus of the University of Nottingham. The university is situated in Semenyih, Selangor, a town part of Greater Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The university has been ranked as “excellent” or tier 5 in a scale of tier 1-6 and is classified as a private institution, by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. Ranked in the top 100 Universities worldwide, the University of Nottingham is also regarded as the UK’s most global University and we are noted for our pioneering campus developments in both Malaysia and China.
The University of Nottingham is ranked within the top one per cent of all universities worldwide and it is recognized internationally for its world leading research. The University has 4 campuses and a Medical School in the UK, namely University Park Campus, Jubilee Campus, Sutton Bonington Campus, King’s Meadow Campus and a Medical School as part of the Queen’s Medical Centre. Malaysia Campus is a friendly, vibrant and multi-cultural community of students and staff. Located close to the town of Semenyih on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, it provides purpose built facilities for teaching and research, for social and sporting activities along with a range of student accommodation, both onsite and nearby. Offer a range of study opportunities| from foundation level courses through to doctoral degrees. A broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are available from 20 different specialist schools and departments across the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Engineering and Science|. We host a community of around 5000 students from over 70 different countries worldwide who work with and receive a world-class higher education experience from leading academics in their field.
The campus provides excellent teaching, learning and research facilities including a well equipped library, dedicated study areas and computer, language, and science and engineering laboratories. The Graduate School provides dedicated support for postgraduate students and early career researchers. Students have access to a great range of leisure and well-being facilities including a purpose built sports complex and a superb swimming pool. Gym, pool and other recreational facilities. Prayer facilities available 24 hours a day. Food, cafes and shops on campus. University service looking after student health & welfare. There is no direct public transportation connected to the university, other than that of university shuttle buses commuting between the campus and Kajang railway station. Shuttle bus services are offered free as a university incentive to provide greener sustainable transport and to alleviate on-campus parking issues. However, shuttle bus services are by regulations restricted to students and staff of the university. The nearest public bus route is at the nearest town of Semenyih, approximately 3 km from campus. The university also provides other free bus services such as bus services to the nearby Tesco super store, special bus service to the Semenyih mosque for Friday prayers, and a shuttle bus service for students living in the student town of Taman Tasik Semenyih or Semenyih Lake Park. A pedestrian bridge connects the neighbouring Taman Tasik Semenyih to the North entrance. There are also numerous student societies and clubs and a very active Student Association.
The innovative “Nottingham Advantage Award” is offered to students to enable to further enhance their employability skills and support them in their career development. Being a satellite campus of the University of Nottingham, students are taught with the same course materials as those in the UK and in China and are under the jurisdiction of the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Upon completing a degree at the Malaysia campus, students are awarded a University of Nottingham degree certificate which is indistinguishable from the certificates awarded at the Nottingham campus. The degrees that are awarded are accredited by international professional bodies such as the Association of MBAs and the UK Engineering Council. The excellent Engineering Degree courses are accredited by the Board of Engineering Malaysia (BEM).
The university’s career office and the Wall Street Society co-organized numerous company talks and at least one career fair each year. The career office also organized workshops to teach students how to present themselves during interviews, how to write a winning CV etc. Many of its graduates join some of the most prestigious companies located in Kuala Lumpur, such as CIMB, MayBank,P&G, Shell, Affin Investment Bank, Securities Commission, Accenture, Roland Berger, Boston Consulting Group and Nestle.
Foundation programmes available at the University: • Foundation in Arts • Foundation in Business & Management • Foundation in Engineering • Foundation in Science Undergraduate & Postgraduate programmes available at the University: Faculty of Engineering Chemical & Environmental Engineering Civil Engineering Electrical & Electronic Engineering Mechanical, Materials & Manufacturing Engineering Faculty of Science Biomedical Sciences Biosciences Computer Science Geography Pharmacy Psychology Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences Applied Psychology Business (NUBS) Economics (NSE) Education English Modern Languages & Cultures Politics, History & International Relations Centre for English Language Education Department of Co-Curricular Activities Tuition fees 2015/2016 per year Foundation course – RM 17,900 Undergraduate course: – ranging from RM 30,280 – RM 50,000 depending upon course. Postgraduate course: ranging from RM 38,040 – RM 60,000 depending upon course. Applicants must have graduated from an approved university. Other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. MBA – 1 year full time – RM 59740 (Rs 597400) MBA Finance – 1 year full time – RM 59740 (Rs 597400) MSc International Business – 1 year full time – RM 47690 (Rs 476900) MSc Civil Engineering – 1 year full time – RM 49900 (Rs 499000) MSc Mechanical Engineering – 1 year full time – RM 49900 (Rs 499000) Scholarships The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus grants scholarships to deserving and academically excellent students in recognition of their achievements. Applicants are selected based on their academic achievements, leadership qualities and the socio-economic status of their family. A scholarship equivalent to 25% reduction of the tuition fee is automatically awarded to students who have obtained the following results in the various examinations: General criteria A-level: 3A’s, excluding General Studies IB: 36 points and above Accommodation fees 2015 – 2016 Room type Room Rates Per Month Deluxe single with en suite bathroom with A/C RM850 per student Single, with en suite bathroom with A/C RM680 per student Single, with shared en suite bathroom with A/C RM615 per student Single, with shared-bathroom in 5-room flat with A/C RM585 per student Single, with shared en suite bathroom no A/C RM510 per student Single, shared-bathroom in 5-room flat no A/C RM480 per student Double-decker, shared en suite bathroom with A/C RM470 per student Twin-share in 6-bed flat RM455 per student Double-decker, shared en suite bathroom no A/C RM415 per student Four, shared-bedroom (Quad) RM395 per student LIVING COST per year is approximately Rs 150,000 – Rs 200,000
Come and Discover about 2 year post-study work visa at ICMS
STUDY A LEADING MASTER DEGREE IN AUSTRALIA
We train ICMS students to be leaders of industry.
Our two year postgraduate programs combine rigorous coursework, academic research, professional relevance and practical skills.
Our graduates are analytical problem solvers with a depth of industry knowledge, and will have 6 months of professional work placement included in the last semester of their master degree.
Our graduates leave ICMS ready to succeed as outstanding business leaders.
WHY STUDY AT ICMS?
Australia’s most beautiful campus location
Work integrated learning (work placement)
Diversity of international students
Quality and contemporary curriculum
Small class sizes
Emphasis on individual skills development
Free support through the Academic Learning Centre
We promote ourselves as Australia’s Leading Management College and we are also known as the most beautiful campus in Australia.
We can attract any prospective students who have completed a bachelor degree in any discipline or those with previous work experience.
The hotel industry will be a great option for those working here in hotels in Mauritius looking to study the Masters in Management (Hospitality and Tourism).
We truly believe that our Master programs are very good value for money.
we think they will be very attractive in Mauritius as its a 2 year program including a 6 month/600 hour industry placement and the total tuition fee for the whole 2 year program is AUD$35,400- (Rs 1309800) (only payable per semester).
Also, after students have completed a 2 year Master program they can then apply for the 2 year Post Study work visa and continue to work in Australia for another 2 years if they would like to.
We have put the industry placement on the last semester of the Master degree so that students may apply to keep working for the same employer.
We offer career progression to students.
Master of International Business
Master of Management (Management and Organisations)
HELP University College has developed into the leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with a firmly established international reputation among universities, research organizations, scholars, business and corporate leaders and governments in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
HELP is internationally-recognised for its high and uncompromising standards evident from its partnerships with renowned universities in the world such as the London School of Economics, University of Birmingham and Cardiff University in the UK; the top 4 Australian universities i.e. University of Queensland, University of Melbourne and Australian National University; U.S. universities such as Pepperdine University and American University (Washington DC).
Malaysia is very quickly gaining a reputation in the Asia-Pacific region as a centre of educational excellence that offers students the opportunity to earn international degrees from sought after universities in Australia, Canada, UK and USA.
In addition to HELP University degree programs, HELP also conducts the entire degree program in Malaysia for the foreign universities in UK and joint degree with Australia, with the latter awarding the degree qualifications.
This arrangement is known as the ‘3+0’ program. The benefit of such an arrangement is the significant cost savings involved without any compromise in the quality and recognition of the degree attained.
The degrees are similar in value and quality whether obtained through study on campus or through the ‘3+0’ arrangement.
WHY HELP IS YOUR FIRST CHOICE
Strong faculty with proven leadership, academic and research excellence.
Excellent outcomes for students’ career and professional success.
Benchmarked against global academic standards.
Employability at the global level.
Fully accredited by the Government and partner universities in UK, US, Australia and NZ.
Endorsed and accredited by professional bodies.
Joint and double degrees, in addition to HE LP programs.
International acceptance of HE LP degrees for credit articulation up to PhD level.
Visiting scholars and professionals for transfer of leading-edge skills and knowledge.
Research driven teaching
Updated wifi/blended learning facilitie
Strong industrial and professional internships
Study and exchange schemes abroad (Europe, US , Japan, Korea)
Scholarships and generous financial assistance (30% – 50% Scholarship available for this September intake).
Good teaching and learning pedagogy.
Cosmopolitian learning ambience, with students from 80 countries
Faculty with qualifications from top universities (MIT , Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College, ANU ).
Wide choice of program and subject options.
Access to worldwide digital libraries and partner university libraries online
Student engagement with community and leadership programs
PTA and faculty shared reviews and briefings: tracking results and improvements.
Career counselling and networks with top industries and companies
Pastoral care for students’ physical and emotional wellbeing.
Student placement centre.
Location in metropolitan KL,with acccess to good facilites and infrastructure.
Accommodation: HE LP University Residence in exclusive Damansara Heights.
Student exchange from overseas: US , Asia, Europe, Australia, NZ.
Top Awards from London Edexcel GCE A-Levels for the highest scores in specific subjects (Law, Accounting, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English Literature).
BSc First Class Honours degrees from the University of London.
Scholarships from the University of Queensland.
University of Queensland Dean’s Commendations for High Achievement.
LLB First Class Honours degrees from Aberystwyth, Leeds, Liverpool,Cardiff and other top universities.
Out of 50 1 Malaysia Scholarships for top A scores country-wide in UEC exams
Scholarships from the University of Melbourne.
First Class Honours from the University of East London.
HELP Matriculation Centre students won scholarships and graduated with First Class Honours from universities in UK, Australia and New Zealand.
Years’ record as Malaysian Association of Private Colleges & Universities (MAPCU) Sports Champions
More than 500 recipients of the School Achievement Scholarship Awards.
HELP students have received scholarships to study at top universities like Cambridge, Oxford,LSE, Harvard, Chicago, Princeton, HKUST, ANU, Sydney, Queensland.
HELP students have received scholarships from JPA, GIC Singapore, Bank Negara, Maybank, Maxis, Khazanah, Shell, Securities Commission and many others CIMB Trading Competition First.
Runner-Up: 4 Bachelor of Business. Students emerged as 1st runner-up at the CIMB Trading Competition (beating Nottingham and Monash Universities).
HELP 1st year Business Student Daniel Soh was the 2nd runner-up in the Budding Value Investor Award 2011 organised by I-Capital (after the London School of Economics and University of Malaya).
HELP University’s main block campus is situated along Jalan Johar, Kuala Lumpur.
HELP University’s new Green Technology Campus which will accommodate approximately 13,000 students will be situated on a 24 acre land in Subang
The campus will be built in three phases, with the first one slated to be completed in 2013.
The campus will be HELP University’s first fully integrated campus, which will include a Learning Resource Centre, Chancellery, auditoriums, exhibition halls, student accommodation, recreational facilities, including a football field, swimming pool, a gym, courts, and a facilities room.
It will also be able to accommodate approximately 2,000 cars in the underground car park.
Situated approximately 25 minutes away from the city centre, the campus is easily accessible by major highways.
There is ample accommodation available in the vicinity of HELP for students who need it. The Student Accommodation Department assists students in seeking suitable accommodation in HELP’s student apartments or in residential areas in the local community
CRAFTING A UNIQUE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT TO FACILITATE SUCCESS
Supporting our academic programmes is a whole network of state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, learning resources and electronic databases and science labs that exceed industrial norms and even enable our students to research and develop cutting-edge applications, eg in mobile communication, that enable them to win coveted prizes offered by industry leaders.
Help’s new campus in the vicinity of Kompleks Pejabat Damansara with its landscaped and environmentally friendly features will further increase and enhance HELP’s facilities and capability to provide quality education. These additional facilities and features, coupled to the impetus provided by our upgraded university status, will enhance HELP’s capability to reach greater heights of achievement and excellence.
HELP has extensive computing resources for its students. These include:
Hewlett Packard, Dell and Siemens computers, networked to a 128Kbps leased line, a 2Mbps leased line and a 1.5Mbps satellite linkup for Internet and interactive video learning and email.
2 Enterprise Digital Alpha servers, which include peripherals and connectivity, representing a million-ringgit investment in our Education Management System. These servers are designed for wired and wireless network environments and run on a Windows operating system.
10 computer laboratories (including 2 multimedia and internet labs) with approximately 400 computers to serve the student population in terms of curricular requirements, assignments and research.
8 incubator laboratories to cater for project requirements of our IT students and for research and development.
State-of-the-art Power Macintosh G4 laboratory.
A web-based scheduling and communication system for students to have online access to subject enrolment, outstanding fees, results, timetables, message board and e-trade.
LIBRARY AND THE LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE
The Library & Resource Centre provides ideal facilities and space for work and study.
It has a collection of over 40,000 books and periodical titles classified according to the Library of Congress Classification Scheme.
The materials in the collection are closely related to courses taught in the various programs and are continuously updated. In addition to a strong collection of prescribed texts, a wide range of supplementary texts and research materials are acquired to support the research and teaching function.
Business, Commerce & Economics – HELP University Degree Programs
Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons)
Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (Hons)
Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) (Hons)
Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons)
Bachelor of Business (International Business) (Hons)
Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (Hons)
Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) (Hons)
Bachelor of Management (Hons)
Bachelor of Banking (Hons)
Bachelor of Economics (Hons)
Business, Commerce & Economics – Australian Degree
University of Queensland (2+1 or 1+2)
University of Melbourne (1+2)
Australian National University (1 + 2)
Griffith University (2+1)
Deakin University (2+1)
University of South Australia (1 ½ + 1 ½)
Curtin University of Technology (1 ½+ 1 ½)
Edith Cowan University (2+1)
Business & Economics – UK Degree Programs
University of London (External Programme)
BSc Economics & Management Hons
BSc Accounting & Finance Hons
BSc Banking & Finance Hons
BSc Business Hons
BSc Economics Hons
University of East London (3 + 0)
BA (Hons) Business Administration
BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
University of West of England, Bristol (2 + 1)
Oxford Brookes University (2+1)
Middlesex University (2+1)
University of Derby (2 + 1)
Information Technology & Computing – HELP University Degree Programs
Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
BSc (Hons) Games & Interactive Media
Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Business Information Management) (Hons)
Information Technology & Computing – Australian Degree Programs
University of Queensland
Bachelor of Information Technology (2 + 1)
BEng (Computer Systems (2 + 2)
BEng (Software Engineering) (2 + 2)
University of Swinburne
Bachelor of Science (Information Technology) (2+1)
Bachelor of Information Technology (1+2)
University of Wollongong
Bachelor of Information Technology (2+1)
Information Technology & Computing – UK Degree Programs
University of East London
BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems (2+1)
Liverpool John Moores University
BSc (Hons) Computing & Information System (2.5+ 0.5)
MSc Computer Science
MSc Business Information System Management
MSc Computer Network Technology
University of West of England. Bistol (2 +1)
BSc (Hons) Computing
BSc (Hons) Information Technology
Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
Finders-HELP join degree
Bachelor of Psychological Science (Hons)
Australia/New Zealand Degree Program
Australia National University (ANU) (2+1)
Curtin University of Technology, Perth (2+1)
University of South Australia, Adelaide (2 +1)
Flinders University, Adelaide (2+1)
University of Ballarat, Victoria (2+1)
Deakin University, Melbourne (2+1)
Swinburne University of Technology (2+1)
University of Queensland, Brisbane (1.5 +2)
University Adelaide (1+2)
Macquarie University, Sydney (1+2)
Monash University , Melbourne(1+2)
Murdoch University, Perth (1+2)
La Trobe University (1+2)
University of Otaga, New Zealand (1+2)
British Degree Program
Cardiff University, Wales (1+2)
University of Sheffield (1+2)
University of Leeds (1+2)
University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield (1+2) & (2+1)
University of Manchester (1+2)
University of West of England, Bistol (1+2) or (2+1)
Northumbria University, Newcastle (1+2)
University of Bedfordshire, Luton (1+2) or (2 +1)
Dublin Business School, Dublin (1+2)
Middlesex University, London (1.5+1)
University of East London, Essex (1 +2) or (2+1)
US Degree Program
American Uni (Washington D C), Uni of Oregon, Pepperdine Uni, Uni of Mississippi, Uni of Oklahoma, DePaul Uni, Upper Iowa University, Bemidji State University, Central Michigan Uni, Iowa State Uni, and 40 other US universities
BA/ BSc Psychology (2 + 2 or 3 + 1)
HELP Bachelor of Laws (HELP LLB)
UK Degree Transfer Programs (Law)
University of Leeds (2 + 1) or (1+2)
University of Liverpool (2 + 1) or (1+2)
Aberystwyth University (2 + 1) or (1+2)
University of West of England, Bristol (2 + 1) or (1+2)
University of Northumbria (2 + 1) or (1+2)
University of Hertfordshire (2 + 1) or (1+2)
Cardiff University (1 + 2) or (2+1)
University of Manchester (1 + 2)
University of Sheffield (1 + 2)
American Degree Transfer Programs (Liberal Arts)
Biotechnology & Biomedical Engineering
Engineering & Natural Sciences
Indiana University – Purdue University, Indianapolis, Pepperdine Uni, Iowa State Uni, American Uni (Washington D C), Michigan Tech Uni, DePaul Uni, University of San Francisco, Upper Iowa University, Bemidji State University, Drexel University, Montana State University, Towson University and 80 other US universities
Credit Transfer Arrangement to America, Canada, Australia or New Zealand (2 + 2 or 3 + 1)
University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (2+2) or (1+4) Co—op program
Drake University, Towson University, Central Michigan University, DePaul University, Indiana University South Bend, Iowa State University, Michigan Technological University, Northern Arizona University, St Cloud State University, St Norbert College, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Credit Transfer Arrangement to America (2 + 2)
Indiana University – Purdue University, Indianapolis, Iowa State University, Michigan Tech University, Montana State University, St Cloud State University, University of Missouri-St Louis, Drexel University, and University of Windsor (Canada)
Credit Transfer Arrangement to America
Early Childhood Education
Bachelor in Early Childhood Education
Hospitality Management & Tourism
Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) (Hons)
Bachelor of Tourism Management (Hons)
Mass Communication – HELP University Degree Programs
Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies) (Hons)
Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations) (Hons)
Bachelor of Communication (Marketing Communication) (Hons)
Mass Communication – Australia Degree Programs
Charles Sturt University
BA (Communication-Advertising) (2+1)
BA (Communication-Public Relations & Organizational Communication) (2+1)
Bachelor of Communication (1+2)
UK Degree Programs
University of Liverpool John Moores University
Bachelor of Mass Communication (2 + summer semester program)
University of Hertfordshire
Bachelor of Mass Communication (Media Culture) (2+1)
Bemidji State University
Grand Valley State University
Iowa State University
State University of New York
University of IIIinois – Urbana Champaign
University of Minnesota
University of Missouri
University of Wisconsin
Postgraduate – HELP University College
Master of Business Administration
Master of Executive Management
Master of Managerial Psychology
Master of Entrepreneurship
Master of Counselling
Master of Clinical Psychology
Master in Accounting & Finance
Master of Economic Crime Management
Master of Corporate Governance
Master of Project Management
Master in Applied Psychology in Coaching
Graduate Diploma in Accounting
Doctorate of Business Administration
Programs Offered at HELP CAT
Pre-University Studies Programs
HELP Foundation Studies in Science
HELP Foundation Studies in Business
GCE A- Levels (Science/Arts)
Professional Studies Programs
CAT (Certified Accounting Technician)
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accounting)
HELP CAT Diploma Programs
Diploma in Business
Diploma in Accountancy
Diploma in Computer Science
Diploma in Electronic Engineering
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Diploma in Business Information Systems
Diploma in Culinary Arts
Programs Offered at HELP CAT
Southern New Hampshire University 4+0 Degree programs (United States of America)
Bachelor of Science (Business Administration)
Bachelor of Science (International Business)
Bachelor of Science (Marketing)
Bachelor of Arts (Communication)
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
APPLICATION FEES: RM 1,000
EMGS Processing Fee: RM 1,050
EMGS Medical Screening Fee: RM 250
EMGS Medical Insurance Fee: RM 500
RENT: RS 5500 PER MONTH INCLUDING WIFI, WATER BILL, LAUNDRY – 7KG AND EXCLUDING ELECTRICITY CHARGES.
It is very affordable to study for an International Degree at HELP University Course fees per annum range from RM19,800 (USD6,600) to RM24,200 (USD8,067)per annum
As for cost of living is range between RM14, 400 (USD4, 800) to RM18, 000 (USD6, 000) per annum, depending on student’s living lifestyle and requirements.
Apply for Newcastle University Malaysia via OVEC and save on cost to obtain a prestigious UK Degree. Watch the below flyer for more details.
Biomedical Sciences – Tuition fee cost = Rs 441 000 per year
MBBS – Tuition fee cost = Rs 1 000 000 per year
Why Newcastle University?
The University is over 175 years old, its history dates back to 1834 when a School of Medicine and Surgery was established in Newcastle in 1834
Part of the Russell Group (20 Leading UK Universities committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience and unrivalled links with business and the public sector)
The NUMed Malaysia Branch is led by strong group of expatriate staff from Newcastle University UK, who between them have over 175 years associated with Newcastle Medical School.
Newcastle has been designated one of Six Science Cities
Ranked 8th in the UK for medical research (RAE 2008: all “medical” units of assessment combined)
A business-oriented, teaching-intensive, higher educational institution, University Canada West (UCW) is located in downtown Vancouver. It offers flexible degree programs that will prepare you to be an effective problem solver, collaborator and leader in our world’s ever-changing workplace environment.
The independent university’s flexible programming draws students from more than 40 countries, enabling them to complete undergraduate and graduate degrees in-person, online or via both means faster than at many traditional universities. For more information, visit www.ucanwest.ca
Why study at UCW
• Business-oriented, teaching-intensive with an emphasis on practical application
• Academically qualified professors with first-hand industry experience
• Class sizes capped to enhance student experience and engagement
• Faster completion option for motivated students
• Historic downtown Vancouver location
This Master of Business Administration (MBA) program from UCW will prepare you for leadership on the global stage. You will take the most challenging situations in your stride, apply pragmatic solutions to problems you encounter, and ultimately drive the success of an organization with your informed decision-making.
• Bachelor of Commerce
The Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) provides students with a broad foundation knowledge of contemporary business and its practices. The degree prepares you for a successful career in business or management, where you will contribute constructively to a global economy.
• Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication (BA) is an interdisciplinary program that will develop your knowledge of media, cultural studies and business alongside theoretical and practical skills. The communication methods learnt and media training students get throughout this course are relevant to careers in professional writing, journalism, public relations, communications, and advertising.
• MBA Foundation
We understand that some students do not have the professional or academic qualifications but wish to pursue the MBA program. Students have the option of completing the four MBA Foundation courses. In order to qualify for admission to the MBA program, students will need to earn a grade of B or better on each Foundation course.
• University Access Program
If you have not met the minimum English language requirements for the Bachelor or MBA program entry, you can still improve your English skills and qualify for your degree at UCW.
The University Access Program (UAP) accredited by Languages Canada covers everything you need for higher level education in an English-speaking institution. The program covers specific academic skills, such as essay writing, research methods, note taking, critical thinking and seminar or tutorial discussion, giving you a great start to your program at University Canada West.
• University Pathway Program
UCW’s University Pathway Program (UPP) prepares international students who have successfully completed secondary school year 11 or its equivalent for entry into any one of the University’s undergraduate degree programs. The program is offered at three different levels, and you will be placed in a level based on your English proficiency. Programs range from six (6) to twelve (12) months.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is recognized internationally as an excellent research-intensive university.
The University of Western Australia ranks 91st in the world in the highly UWA is the only Western Australian university to belong to the Group of Eight
Established in 1911, the University’s ground-breaking research, quality academic staff and state-of-the-art facilities combine to offer a Ranked 5th out of 19 in Australia.
Ranked 1st in Australia for life and Agriculture Sciences
Vibrant student experience.
The University has a strong commitment to excellence and this underpins all its activities, particularly in the areas of teaching and research.
UWA graduates are consistently the best in gaining full-time employment when compared to other university graduates in Western Australia and most other Australian universities.
UWA students leave with a highly respected qualification and with the skills sought by employers in today’s challenging job market.
Lectures will be some of the best in the country, with such talented staff; classes are designed to ensure that all students received an outstanding education.
Strong relationships with a wide range of organisations that help us provide strong theoretical understanding with practical, real-world application.
Western Australia’s largest academic library is housed here. In addition, UWA has a new AUD$30 million Sciences Library as well as number of subject area libraries.
The faculties are:
Bachelor of Arts – $ 28 500 / Rs 769 500
Bachelor of Commerce – $ 34 000 / Rs 918 000
Bachelor of Design – $ 33 500 / Rs 904 500
Bachelor of Science – $ 35 000 / Rs 945 000
Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) – $ 37 000 / Rs 999 000
ATCO Australia Undergraduate Scholarship • Valued at $10,000
BHP Billiton Regional and Remote Scholarship • Valued at $50,000 over three years
BHP Billiton Undergraduate Scholarship • Valued at $22,000 over three years
David Mack Indigenous Undergraduate Commencing Scholarship • Valued at $10,000 over one year
James McClements Scholarship • Valued at $7,500 over one year
John Willinge Scholarship in the UWA Business School • Valued at $10,000 over three years
There are five residential colleges affiliated with or owned by UWA, providing a home for more than 1000 students:
North Island College is…
• A community college committed to high quality and excellence in our programs and services.
• We offer more than 900 courses and 70 credit programs supported by a dedicated faculty, staff and administration – all working together to help you achieve your goals.
• Our expert faculty will lead you through a relevant course of study using up-to-date materials.
• Small classes allow more time for you with your instructors – you won’t be just an anonymous face in the crowd at NIC.
• North Island College is committed to meeting the education and training needs of adults within its service region by: providing high quality, affordable higher education and skills training, collaborating with our partners to create pathways to learning, and empowering individuals to achieve their full potential.
NIC Fast Facts 2015 | 2016
• North Island College opened its doors in 1975.
• College facilities include four campuses and one centre serving a population of 155,000 and a geographic region of 80,000 square kilometres that includes northern Vancouver Island and the BC mainland coast from Desolation Sound to Klemtu.
• In 2015|16, a total of 8,476 students (headcount) were enrolled at North Island College, with an average age of 34 years old. Fifty-eight percent (58%) of students were female, and forty-two percent (42%) were male.
• A total of 4,297 students were enrolled in credit courses at the following locations in 2015|16: Campbell River Campus – 835; Comox Valley Campus – 2,287; Port Alberni Campus – 515; Mt. Waddington – 139; In-Community – 90; Distributed Learning – 1,160
• A total of 4,179 students were enrolled in short duration courses (includes part-time vocational, first aid, contract and community education) at the following NIC locations in 2015|16: Campbell River Campus – 1,249; Comox Valley Campus – 1,884; Port Alberni Campus – 497; Mt. Waddington – 377; In-Community – 231; Distributed Learning – 346
• North Island College hosted 326 international students in 2015|2016 from 32 countries, including India, China, Japan, Nigeria, and South Korea.
• Students of Aboriginal ancestry enrolled in 2015|2016 totaled 1,045 (self-disclosed).
• Student tuition for 2015|2016 is $2,793 per year, less than the B.C. Public Institution College average.
• In 2015/16, NIC offered over 80 programs and 1000 individual courses.
• Co-op Education option is available in Business Administration and Tourism & Hospitality Management
• Degrees offered include:
• Associate Degrees: Arts & Science
• Four Bachelor Degrees: Nursing, in collaboration with Vancouver Island University; and Business Administration in Accounting, Marketing & General Management
• Operating grant from the Ministry of Advanced Education (AVED) for 2015|2016 is $20.8 million to fund approximately 2,208 student FTEs
• Operating grant from the Industry Training Authority (ITA) for 2015/2016 is $2.60 million to fund approximately 726 student seats
• NIC Foundation provides over $260,000 in scholarships and bursaries annually.
• North Island College employs over 440 people.
• English Language and Academic Prep
• University degree pathways
• University Transfer
• Tourism and Hospitality
• Fine Arts
• Interactive Media
• Community Care
• Trades and Technology
Tuition Fees and Cost:
Tuition Fees – $12 480
Accommodation and Food – $6 650
Books and Supplies – $1 500
Personal Expenses – $1 600
Transportation – $600
– Choose from over 80 courses from Certificates, Diplomas, Bachelors to Masters
– our international students come from over 70 different countries and study across six campuses and eighty courses
– we offer practical industry-relevant training designed in consultation with leading practitioners
– we have outstanding student support, with free academic, financial, career and personal counselling, and free airport pick up
– our onsite facilities offer leading edge technology and real-life working conditions, like restaurants, salons and recording studios
– every one of our qualifications is accredited nationally and recognised internationally
– we are government funded and owned
– winner of the Victorian Government’s Premier’s Award for Excellence in International Education (in 2014; runner up in 2015)
– we employ motivated, passionate teachers who have extensive experience in their field and links to industry to study in Melbourne, the world’s most liveable city*
• Melbourne Polytechnic, formerly NMIT, is a TAFE and higher education institute located predominantly in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, but also in the south with a campus at Prahran, Victoria, Australia.
• It has six functioning campuses located at Preston, Collingwood, Epping, Fairfield, Heidelberg, Prahran, and country training facilities at Eden Park, Yan Yean and Ararat. Each campus provides an individual, unique and enriching student experience.
• Melbourne Polytechnic courses are designed and developed with industry participation to give students the best employment outcomes.
• There are also six training centres, Northern Lodge – Eden Park, Northern Lodge – Yan Yean, Yarra Glen Racing Centre, Northern AMEP (Adult Migrant English Program) Centre in Broadmeadows, Growling Frog Vineyard and Melbourne Polytechnic Kyneton Park.
• With over 60,000 enrolments annually, Melbourne Polytechnic is accredited to deliver approximately 550 nationally accredited courses, many which are available on either a full-time or part-time basis. It also provides over 400 institute-accredited courses.
• In October 2014, NMIT decided to reposition itself in the tertiary education market under the Melbourne Polytechnic brand, appointing Publicis Mojo to coordinate the change. The change was facilitated by a $19 million grant from the Victorian Government.
• A wide selection of study options in vocational education are offered from short courses, pre-apprenticeships, apprenticeships and traineeships through to certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, and onto higher education, tertiary degrees under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
• In 2013, there were 511 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) teaching staff and 348.5 (FTE) support staff employed by Melbourne Polytechnic delivering over 500 courses.
• There were 50,203 total enrolments as at November 2014 including 6,284 off-shore students at overseas partner institutions.
• Melbourne Polytechnic is the largest provider of primary industry training in Victoria and one of the largest in Australia offering a diverse range of courses from practical short-courses to a Bachelor of Equine Studies and Bachelor of Agriculture and Technology focusing on Viticulture, Agronomy, Agribusiness and Aquaculture.
WHY CHOOSE MELBOURNE POLYTECHNIC?
Melbourne Polytechnic stands out from other educational institutions in Melbourne, because it focuses on practical industry-relevant training designed in collaboration with industry.
We are Government funded and owned, and we foster and encourage diversity within our study body – we have international students coming to study here from over 70 countries, across our six campuses and over eighty courses.
We offer you lots of student support, academic, financial, career and personal counselling and of course, free airport pick up.
Our qualifications are accredited nationally and recognised internationally and you will be taught in excellent facilities with innovative technology.
Our motivated, passionate teachers all have extensive experience in their field and put your learning and development into the spotlight.
The government recognises the excellent quality of our international education programs, and we were the 2014 winner and 2015 runner up for the Premiers Award for Excellence in International Education.
Melbourne Polytechnic currently offers three-year (and one four year), specialist bachelor and master degrees within our unique hands on learning environment and optimal industry exposure in:
Agriculture & Land Management
Education (Early Years)
Early Years Studies
Viticulture & Winemaking
Writing & Publishing
We’re constantly developing new articulation pathways and degrees to grow the opportunities for our students.
In 2016 we introduced the Masters of Professional and Practising Accounting with CPA accreditation, proving very popular already as our first postgraduate course offered.
Melbourne Polytechnic degree courses offer credit transfer and recognition of prior learning to students who have already completed a nationally recognized Diploma, Advanced Diploma or other qualifications.
Direct entry Associate degrees (2 years) embedded in all Melbourne Polytechnic degree programs offer great pathway (credit transfer and recognition of prior learning) opportunities to further education.
Melbourne Polytechnic has achieved international recognition with over more than 10,000 offshore enrolments annually and 24 educational partnerships across Asia, and is recognised by the Victorian Government for excellence in international education, winning the best provider in it’s category in 2014 and runner up in 2015.
Melbourne Polytechnic’s close ties with industry ensure students have the opportunity to be awarded study grants donated by industry sponsors, also extending their own networks for future success.
– OVEC has organized a networking event for the Nanjing Medical University students: Alumni Cocktails, pre-departure briefing, and seminars at Flying Dodo Restaurant Bagatelle on Wednesday 28th June 2017.
– More than 50 students and parents of existing students were present and attended the pre-departure briefing for Nanjing Medical University and the previous students and the Director gave instructions to the new students about what to expect in their new environment. This was followed by the networking cocktail event where old students meet new ones to share their experience abroad and tell them about the infrastructures, the facilities and life in Nanjing Medical University.
– OVEC represents well known Medical Universities in China such as Nanjing Medical University where the courses are recognized by the WHO and Mauritius Medical council.
– The main advantage in studying in Nanjing Medical University is that the tuition fee cost is very affordable for world class and high quality of medical education
– NMU offers the opportunity to fulfill further specialization and advancement in medicine
– NMU offers scholarships and quality education at a more affordable cost
– It has all the necessary teachers and infrastructure to offer the best medical education in the world
Swinburne University – Discover a world class Australian Education in Malaysia through OVEC
Why Choose Swinburne Sarawak?
Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus is the foreign branch campus of Swinburne University of Technology (Melbourne, Australia) located in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Established in 2000, Swinburne Sarawak operates as a partnership between the Sarawak State Government and Swinburne Australia.
The initiative behind the Sarawak campus is part of a long term strategy by Swinburne Australia to “globalize its operations and provide its students with international living, working and learning opportunities”.
The Swinburne Sarawak campus operates as a full-fledged branch campus, joining five other Swinburne campuses in Melbourne, Australia, and is under the academic control of Swinburne’s Higher Education Division in Australia. Courses offered are identical to those available in Melbourne and graduates are awarded Australian testamurs.
Swinburne’s Sarawak campus is situated in Kuching. The capital city of the state of Sarawak, Kuching has been described as one of the most liveable and attractive cities in the region.
Home to just over 600,000 people, one thing most visitors notice about the city is its greenery and clean environment. This is not surprising as it is modelled as a garden city.
Travelling within Kuching is also easy as public transportation is easily available.
There are many places for shopping, dining and entertainment. A large shopping mall is within walking distance from Swinburne Sarawak and is a popular haunt among students from the University.
There is a good choice of coffee bars, restaurants and cafes serving local as well as Western and other Asian cuisines. Cineplexes show the latest Hollywood hits while lounge bars are popular among locals and tourists alike.
Its current student population of more than 3,500 is expected to reach 5,000 by 2013. Apart from Malaysia, its students hail from more than 40 countries, making it a truly international university.
Only 15 minutes from the Kuching city centre and nestled within commercial and residential areas, the campus offers undergraduate degrees in engineering, science, commerce/business, ICT and design. These are identical to those programs offered by its home campus in Melbourne and parchments are awarded by Swinburne Australia.
Also available are postgraduate research programs at PhD and Masters Level in these disciplines.
Others include one-year foundation programs in business, design, engineering/science and IT/multimedia as well as diploma programs in engineering and business which articulate into degrees. A range of English language proficiency programs are also available.
Students may complete their degrees entirely in Kuching or transfer to complete them at one of our campuses in Melbourne.
Applied vocational emphasis and direct placements in industry are a feature of many Swinburne’s undergraduate courses. The focus on practical training is an integral part of the program structure and the University is well known for producing graduates that are employment-ready.
Swinburne Sarawak maintains a strong technology base and important links with industry. It aspires to be a research intensive university and is developing its research capability with a focus on areas relevant to industry. With state-of-the-art facilities, it conducts research including those in information security, biotechnology, mechatronics and software engineering.
Swinburne Sarawak is the only international branch university campus of Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia.
Our curriculum is sourced directly from our home campus in Melbourne. This means the programs we offer are identical. Swinburne has been in existence for more than a hundred years and is well known in Australia for its practical career-oriented programs and close links to industry.
On completion of your degree studies, your parchment will be awarded by Swinburne Australia.
Professionally accredited programs
Many of our programs have been accredited and recognised by professional bodies such as CPA Australia, ACCA, Institution of Engineers Australia, Board of Engineers Malaysia and the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Our academics are highly qualified and experienced. Comprising Malaysians and international staff, many of our academics hold PhDs and Masters and bring with them many years of experience from industry.
Student exchange program
Undergraduate students may apply to take part in an exchange program, for a term or two, to our Australian campuses or partner universities around the world at Malaysian cost.
Although you can complete your studies entirely at the Sarawak Campus, you may transfer to our Melbourne campuses to complete them subject to meeting the appropriate criteria.
Australian education at Malaysian cost
You will find that it is affordable to pursue tertiary education at Swinburne Sarawak as the fees are only a fraction of the cost of studying in Australia.
Ideal study destination
Kuching is well known for its relaxed atmosphere and friendly people. Its good infrastructure in education, communication, banking and transportation make it an ideal destination for living and pursuing higher education.
Courses and Tuition fees per year:
Bachelor of Business – RM 25080
Bachelor of Accounting & Finance – RM 25080
Bachelor of Marketing – RM 25080
Bachelor of Management – RM 25080
Bachelor of Human Resources Management – RM 25080
Bachelor of Design (Multimedia) – RM 32240
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) – RM 32240
Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) (Honours) – RM 32240
Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic) – RM 32240
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours) – RM 32240
Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics and Mechatronics) (Honours) – RM 32240
Swinburne Foundation Studies (Information, Technology, Multimedia) – RM 20250
Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology – RM 25080
Bachelor of Computer science – RM 25080
Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) – RM 34000
Master of Arts (Teaching English to Speakers) – RM 38,880
Master of Business Administration – RM 47,360
The cost of living in Kuching is affordable although this depends on your lifestyle. As a guide, the monthly expenditure starts from a minimum of about RM 1,200 to RM 2,000.
Accomodation – RM 4200 – Rm 12000
Food – RM 6000 – RM 8000
Books and course related equipment – RM 3000
Yearly Total – Rm 13200 – RM 23000
Monthly Total – RM 1100 – RM 1920
The curriculum at the Sarawak campus is sourced directly from Swinburne Australia and has therefore been rigorously vetted for quality prior to its accreditation in Australia.
Academic Advisory Board
This board is made up of key academics leaders from both the Sarawak campus as well as Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.
Highly qualified and experienced academics are appointed by the Pro Vice-Chancellor. A significant number of our academics hold PhDs and Masters, and have had industry experience in their field of expertise.
Examinations are moderated by Swinburne, Australia academic staff to regulate the setting and marking of examinations.
Student Exchange Program
Swinburne Student Exchange Program offers selected current degree students from the Sarawak campus (those in the second year onwards) an unmatched opportunity to enrich their tertiary learning experience in Melbourne at Malaysian costs.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Swinburne aims to become a renowned centre for entrepreneurship and innovation, which will be a hallmark of everything we do. We will prepare our graduates to participate in the new economy and society of the 21st Century and heighten your awareness of, and capacity to make the choice between employment and self-employment.
Swinburne is committed to an ongoing process of internationalization. We seek to be held in high regard globally, have an international focus in all we do, an international culture and outlook. We aim to be a university that equips its graduates to thrive in an increasingly globalised environment, and to achieve a balance between the academic, social, economic, ethical and environmental dimensions of internationalization.
Industry-Based Learning (IBL)
In 1963 Swinburne University of Technology in Australia pioneered Industry-Based Learning (IBL), a program that trains students by placing them within the industry during their undergraduate study. Students have an option to complete six to 12 months of IBL relevant to their course of study within the industry. Engineering students are also required to undergo a compulsory Professional Experience in Engineering, a cumulative equivalent of 12 weeks full-time industry experience.
Study in Perth, Australia – The right study choice for your future
Perth is the perfect destination to study while enjoying great weather, lifestyle and pristinebeaches.
Quick Facts about Perth
For the past 11 years, rated as one of the world’s top 10 most liveable cities (The Economist Intelligence Unit, 2004-2015)
The cost of living in Perth is cheaper than in other major cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane! (Worldwide Cost of Living Survey, The Economist, 2016)
Perth enjoys a Mediterranean climate and is the sunniest capital in Australia with clear, blue skies 70% of the year!
Ranked in the top 10% of 215 world cities for quality of life (Mercer, 2012)
Home to some of the best beaches in the world! (TripAdvisor 2014)
Rated in the top 30 Best Student Cities in the World (QS, London. 2012-2013)
Rottnest Island, located off the coast of Western Australia, is ranked No.1 in the list of top Australian destinations (The Australian, 2014)
The Margaret River Region is famous for world-class surfing and wineries
44% of international students in Western Australia work part-time with an average wage of $19.70 per hour
5.7% : WA’s unemployment rate remains lower than the national average
Perth has a vibrant restaurant and food scene with more than 100 restaurants and pubs opening in the past two years
Here are3 reasons thatwillmakePerthan idealcityto study in:
Perth is home to five universities and a wide variety of vocational institutions which provide quality education and comprehensive training, with flexible study pathways and state-of-the-art facilities.
The Western Australian economy has created a strong demand for skilled staff.
As a full time student with a student visa, you will be able to work part-time for up to 40 hours per fortnight when the course is in session and unlimited hours during the holiday break.
As a student on a working holiday visa you can work full time or part time and you can study for up to four months at a time – a great way to learn a new vocational skill, such as Carpentry and Joinery, Business Management, Nursing and much more! Find below more information about some of our quality institutions available in Perth.
Lifestyle that is hard to match
Along with being a city of growth and success, Perth also offers international students a dynamic mix of an exploding restaurant and laneway bar scene and internationally-recognized festivals, cultural and sporting events, along with clear blue skies, pristine, clean beaches and beautiful parklands and unique natural landscapes.
Perth also has one of thehighest standards ofliving in the world and one of its most attractive aspects is the combination of a vibrant atmosphere and relaxed lifestyle.
Our warm weather and clean air allow us to enjoy a year-round outdoor lifestyle and make the most of our State’s natural beauty. Perthalso has alow crime ratecompared toother majorcities worldwide, making its campuses and streets secure and safe.
As a full time student, you will receive40% discount on all public transport, andbusesin the central districtsofPerthare free to all.
Work Opportunities in Perth
The Western Australian education system has a key focus on practical work experience.
Business schools and employers recognise the importance of allowing students to apply their skills in a real business environment, and work together to provide rewarding internship opportunities.
A number of multinational organisations and some of Australia’s biggest companies open their doors to interns, often inviting students to join them on a permanent basis at the end of their studies.
Western Australia’s population accounts for just 10% of Australia’s population, and yet it has close to 10% of the country’s job opportunities.
For international students, this means that they can easily combine their studies with part-time employment, and with so many job opportunities available, most have no trouble finding a part-time job.
Choose you University in Perth, Australia at OVEC:
• Founded in 1960, the Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (former Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade) was affiliated to the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation (now the Ministry of Commerce) until September 1994, since when it has been under the administration of the Shanghai Municipal People’s Government.
• In April 2013, it was granted by the Ministry of Education (MOE) a university status and renamed the Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (SUIBE).
• SUIBE consists of 12 schools, i.e. the School of Business, School of Foreign Languages, School of Finance, School of Law, School of Management, School of Accounting, School of Tourism and Event Management, School of Business Information Management, School of International Studies, School of Continuing Education, School of WTO Research and Education, and School of International Education.
• Putting students first, SUIBE gives top priority to the development of students and attaches equal importance to their knowledge acquisition, skills building, and qualities upbringing.
• It is guided by such education philosophy that SUIBE is committed to improving students’ cross-cultural communication abilities and practical skills in their professional fields, strengthening their employability and entrepreneurship, and raising their awareness in professional ethics and social responsibility.
SUIBE has been an active player in international exchanges and cooperation in education and established extensive partnerships with its overseas counterparts from more than 80 countries.
• SUIBE offers 12 joint programs in cooperation with institutions of higher education in Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Germany.
• SUIBE is one of the host universities for international students supported by the Chinese Government Scholarship and Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship.
• Taking talent development, scientific studies, social services, and cultural continuity and innovation as its missions, SUIBE is making every effort to build itself into an internationalized cutting-edge university with a diversity of disciplines while building on its traditional strengths in international business and economics so as to make contributions to the development of Shanghai, China and the world at large.
La Légend French Club is the only student club on SIFT campus that aims to promote the learning of the French language and to discover the French culture. The members consist mainly of students from the French Department of the Language School, who are interested in the French culture, history, cuisine and entertainment.
The mission of the Investment Club, the largest of economic student clubs in SIFT, is to improve members’ understanding of investment management, and to help members develop hands-on investment skills such as those needed in the stock market. The slogan of the club is: “Invest your wealth, invest your life.”
Founded in 2009, the Mystery Novel Club now has a membership of 168 students. The club is intended to provide an active platform to bring together all the students united by an interest in mystery novels.
Undergraduate program (4 years)
1. International Trade
2. International finance
Academic theories combined with curriculum relating to Chinese economy & culture, lectures forums, internships, etc; aiming to create professional practice-oriented business talents with global vision in business circles.
Postgraduate program (2.5 years）
1. International trade: Core courses including research on the market economy with Chinese characteristics, micro economy, macro economy, world economy, econometrics, etc.
2. International finance: Core courses including research on the market economy with Chinese characteristics, western economy, monetary banking, corporate finance, analysis of securities investment, and the management of commercial banks, etc.
3. International law: Core courses including research on the market economy with Chinese characteristics, international public law, international private law, international economic law, international trade law, international financial law, maritime law and WTO issues, etc.
4. International corporation management: Core courses including research on the market economy with Chinese characteristics, business administration, accounting and corporate finance, marketing and human resources, etc
For International Students:
1. Application fee: 1000 RBM for degree students
400 RMB for language training courses
1) Chinese Language: 7000 RMB/semester
2) Undergraduate program: 20,000 RMB/ year (taught in Chinese)
40,000RMB/year (taught in English)
3) Postgraduate program: 30,000 RMB/ year (taught in Chinese)
50,000RMB/yea r(taught in English)
4) MBA program: 150,000 RMB/ year
3. Accommodation fee (over 3 months):
C/D Double room 100RMB/day E/F Double room 120RMB/day
C/D Single room 70RMB/day E/F Single room 100RMB/day
* Subject to changes.
Each room is equipped with bathroom, furniture, beddings, air conditioner, telephone, TV set, internet access and the dormitory is equipped with a shared refrigerator and kitchen. Both campuses have wireless internet access.
Located in Guelph, Ontario, the University of Guelph was established in 1964 and is considered one of Canada’s top universities.
Its three founding members – Macdonald Institute, the Ontario Agricultural College and the Ontario Veterinary College – are older than the University itself.
Established in Toronto in 1862, the Ontario Veterinary College is the oldest veterinary school in Canada.
With more than 20,000 undergraduate and 2,100 graduate students, the University is consistently ranked highly for providing a comprehensive education that combines traditional academia with experiential learning and co-operative education outside the classroom.
Research opportunities allow students to learn and work with faculty who are experts in their field.
The University of Guelph’s main campus is located in the South-Western Ontario city of Guelph.
The city and the University are noted as great places to live and to learn.
Friendly, supportive and safe learning environment.
Welcomes international students from more than 100 countries.
The University is one hour from Toronto – Canada’s largest city and airline hub – and less than 2 hours from the Niagara Falls – US border.
The University of Guelph offers over 90 majors in 13 degree programs and 63 Open Learning/Distance Education Opportunities.
The overall average for all students entering Guelph is 82%. Guelph students also have the highest graduation rate among Canadian comprehensive universities (at 89%), 5.8% higher than the national average.
The University of Guelph, along with University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University is a member of the Tri-University History group, which combines the history departments of the three universities at the graduate level. Graduate students are registered at one of the three universities according to their supervisor, but can take courses at any of the campuses. This allows the group to have more diverse course offerings more efficiently.
University of Guelph has been stated to be the best comprehensive university of Canada by Macleans magazine in 2006 and 2007.
The school is noted for receiving the most health related research funding than any other Canadian university without a medical school and for having one of the highest proportions of life science expertise per capita than any other university in North America.
This has ultimately led to the current focus of the University in the areas of health, food, environment and community.
In addition to the main campus, the University has three Regional Campuses: Alfred, Kemptville, and Ridgetown and a state-of-art facility in Toronto – the University of Guelph-Humber, offering specialized programs that integrated the University and college experience.
They offer distinctive educational programs that combine theory with practical training, preparing graduates for a broad range of careers in the agriculture, food, environment, and equine industries.
The Ontario Agricultural College has a network of campuses and research stations throughout Ontario, which were formerly operated by the Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs.
Courses are offered in English in Guelph, Kemptville and Ridgetown, and in French at Campus d’Alfred.
Campus d’Alfred is located in the eastern Ontario, in the town of Alfred, Ontario close to Canada’s capital city, Ottawa.
It offers diploma and certificate programs which are all taught in French.
The Kemptville Campus of Ontario Agriculture College is located in Kemptville, Ontario. It has been serving the residents of Eastern Ontario since 1917. The campus and research station is located on over 800 acres (320 ha) and features 21st century facilities.
Entrance scholarships are monetary awards given to students that demonstrate one or more of the following: academic excellence; leadership abilities; extra-curricular involvement and research proposals.
Internationalism is a big part of our Guelph community and we have an entrance scholarship program to support international students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
A limited number of non-renewable international scholarships ranging in value from $5,500 to $8,500 CDN are available to students that have not attended post-secondary studies and are entering the University of Guelph in September.
Students do not need to apply to be considered as offers will be made on the basis of the students admission file as well as reference letters.
COURSES & TUITION FEES
Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Science 19,309 CAD
Bachelor of Commerce 21,902 CAD
Bachelor of Computing 20,436 CAD
Bachelor of Engineering 25,018 CAD
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture 24,233 CAD
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine 56,747 CAD
LIVING COST & FEES
Books & Supplies 1,241 CAD
Residence & Meals 11,152(double room north/south with full meal plan)
• Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE), which enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private tertiary education in South Africa.
• Varsity College has campuses in Sandton, Pretoria, Midrand,Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban North, Westville and Pietermaritzburg.
• The Independent Institute of Education degree, diplomas and certificates are offered on varsity campuses.
• Varsity College offers tuition support for qualifications of The University of the Free State (UFS) and the University of South Africa (UNISA) and has academic partnerships with international institution such as The Open University of the UK (OU) and the International College of Hotel Management (ICHM)
• The IIE is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education provider and is part of ADvTECH Ltd, a public company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
• The IIE is responsible for the academic governance and quality assurance of all programmes delivered through the campuses of all its educational brands, including Varsity College. So essentially, every Varsity College campus is an IIE campus.
• An invaluable vocational initiative that helps prepare students for the workplace.
• On every campus, the Varsity College Career Centre gives students a professional head-start.
Experience a vibrant campus life with stunning ocean views… not to mention lecture halls fully equipped with the latest education-enhancing touch screen technology.
A campus with an extremely strong sporting presence – that continues to grow every year – Durban North is also the home of the Varsity College Centres of Excellence for hockey and rugby. And for socially conscious, as opposed to sporty students, the campus’s community engagement group VC Cares visits local children’s homes and runs various projects to help uplift people in the area.
Think of VC Durban North as a highly motivated, active, close family always ready with a smile and offer to help.
The Westville campus provides the highest standard of education and training in an inviting suburban setting. It provides a template for students to explore and express their individuality. Centrally located close to the Pavilion Shopping Centre, just off the N3.
The campus achieves the perfect balance between academic excellence and an engaging social life. In the close-knit, long-established Westville community, it adds a tertiary level to the suburb’s already-impressive set of educational institutes (preschools, primary schools and high schools).
Varsity College’s Pietermaritzburg campus is located on the lush grounds of St. Charles’ College. Historically significant buildings and lecture halls open directly onto beautiful green lawns for a relaxed collegiate feel that encourages learning and life balance.
But don’t be fooled by this laidback setting in the shade of jacaranda trees. The campus’s sport and social calendar is jam packed with fun events and dates to diarize.
Students also have the option of living in a brand new Residence, located within walking distance of the campus.
Study in the shadow of Table Mountain and you can enjoy a combination of cosmopolitan and country living.
Located in the Southern Suburbs, this relaxed, culturally diverse campus gives students access to the city’s jam-packed calendar of events AND multiple mountain trails where you can get away from the urban bustle. It’s also the national base for Varsity College’s rapidly expanding water polo programme – which is very strong, and league-competitive
The Midrand campus is the newest addition to the Varsity College family, having opened its doors in 2012. It looks and feels more like Google Headquarters than a typical campus – offering a modern, stimulating and ergonomic space for students to take life to the next level.
The atmosphere is relaxed on campus but that doesn’t mean students aren’t hard-working, progressive and ambitious. Varsity College Midrand creates individuals and achievers just like the city of Joburg. Already, the campus’s golf and indoor football teams are trophy winners.
Our Port Elizabeth campus offers students a safe, secure and friendly environment in which to develop their knowledge and professional skills. It’s a comfortable and welcoming setting where students can advance academically and achieve all-important work-life balance.
Port Elizabeth is a small, clean coastal town with a special emphasis on outdoor adventure.
Choose from a variety of full-time and short courses at Varsity College’s vibrant Sandton campus, an ultra-modern learning institute orientated towards students who are ready and raring to pursue their dreams, network and have fun.
Fostering student development academically, socially and physically, this buzzing campus is also the home of Varsity College’s dedicated basketball, golf and football Centres of Excellence.
Based in the heart of Johannesburg’s financial district, life on the VC Sandton campus is fast-paced, professional and fashionable. It’s also very centrally located, giving students access to a wide assortment of amenities, activities and attractions.
•Convenient Gautrain access
•Sandton night life
•Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square
•Lilies Leaf Farm where the Rivonia trials took place.
Experience the peace and quiet of a student town at Varsity College’s Pretoria campus. It’s an ideal, culturally rich setting to foster personal and professional development, with lecture venues that offer inspiring, panoramic views over the Moreleta Koppies and Waterkloof Spruit.
Home to Blue Bulls rugby, Pretoria is one of South Africa’s sporting hubs – and the VC Pretoria campus is no different. Action sports are one of the campus’s strong points while popular social activities include aerobics, drama, dance classes and poetry.
• Bachelor of Arts in Corporate Communication (BACC)
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management
• Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
• Bachelor of Commerce (Law)
• Bachelor of Arts
• Bachelor of Commerce (Economics)
Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching
Bachelor of Education in Intermediate Phase Teaching.
• Undergraduate Degree Programmes (UFS)
Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
• Diploma in Business Management & Entrepreneurship (DipBME)
• Diploma in Information Technology in Network Management (DipITNMgt)
• Diploma in Information Technology in Software Development (DipITSofD)
• Diploma in Public Relations (DipPR)
• Diploma in Sport Development and Management (DipSportDevMgt)
• Diploma in Commerce in Business Management
• Higher Certificate in Business Principles & Practice (HigherCertBPP)
• Higher Certificate in Event Management
• Higher Certificate in Information Technology in Support Services
IIE Accredited programmes for which no new registrations are accepted
• Diploma in Journalism
• Diploma in Advertising Management
• Diploma in Accounting and Financial Computing
• Diploma in Information Technology Management
• Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management
• Diploma in Commerce in Marketing Management
Undergraduate Degree Programmes (UNISA)
• Bachelor of Accounting Science (BCompt)
• Bachelor of Arts (BA) (Health Sciences & Social Services)(Psychological Counselling) (BAHSSS)
Postgraduate Programmes (UNISA)
Honours Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
SAICA accredited Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA)
UNISA Accredited programmes for which no first year registrations are accepted
Bachelor of Education (Intermediate and senior phase teaching)
NC has two college grounds designed to meet all your needs.
Our college goes out of its way to remain on the cutting edge of technology, while meeting the highest standards in both personal comforts and educational excellence.
$90 Million in Expansions
Both campuses recently received $90 million in expansion funds, resulting in the construction of six new academic wings including:
Completely new learning facilities for ESL Studies
A state of the art multimedia language lab with the latest electronic resources
$40-million 100,000 square-foot Applied Health Institute with state-of-the-art multimedia classrooms
An athletic center including full gym facilities exceeding college pro standards
An expanded learning commons combining relaxing study areas and the latest library technology
More importantly, the use of all these new facilities is free for all students.
No need to pay extra for gym memberships, additional library, computer, or lab costs: all amenities are complementary at Niagara College.
Canadian Work Opportunities
At present, the Canadian government allows the following work options for international students:
Co-operative Education (Co-op)
Co-op means paid work experience, and many of our programs deliver four to eight months of paid work experience. In practice, our 98% work term placement rate means Niagara is one of Canada’s leaders in Co-op education.
Internship and Practicum
Many of our programs contain internship and practicum positions. These short-term, program-related openings will allow you to develop specific skills within professional work settings.
On-Campus and Off-Campus Work
You will be able to work on-campus while you are studying. After completing six months of study, you will be entitled to apply for an off-campus work visa which allows you to work 20 hours during the school year and full-time during the vacations.
Upon completion of your program, you will be able to work in Canada up to three years. The abilities you develop during these years will give you the opportunity to combine Canadian work experience with your education helping you launch your career and turning you into a global player.
Hospitality & Tourism, Culinary, wine and Beer
Media, Computers and Information Technology
Environmental, Horticulture and Agribusiness
Liberal Arts & Sciences, Health and Community Studies
The spacious residences at the Welland Campus offer 117 double suites while the Niagara-on- the-Lake Campus offers 101 double suites, all with kitchenette, bathroom, and light housekeeping duties.
The best feature is that they are steps away from classes and campus facilities.
You will have your own furnished bedroom and share kitchen and washroom facilities with one other student.
Each bedroom includes a television and internet connection.
Students must buy and cook their own meals.
The kitchen includes a fridge and microwave.
A meal plan is available on campus.
You will also be expected to buy or bring bedding, cooking utensils and cleaning supplies.
Brunel University has been ranked top in London, 6th in the UK and 35th in the world in a new world ranking of the top 100 universities founded in the last 50 year.
Brunel University has been ranked as joint 15th in the Times Higher Education (THE) list of the 25 most international universities in the world.
Brunel Business School is a dynamic and ambitious environment that fosters and promotes world class learning, excellence in teaching, whilst creating a global professional advantage for all its students. The School is well recognised by numerous international bodies and features prominently in many league tables.
SCHOOL AND UNIVERSITY RANKINGS
In top 7 best Business Schools in London
Brunel Business School won the Business School of the Year Award by the Times Higher Education Awards held in association with Santander Universities and supported by the Higher Education Academy in 2013.
The Complete University Guide 2014 ranked Brunel Business School 3rd in London for student satisfaction and 6th in London for business studies.
Sunday Times University Guide 2013 ranked Brunel Business School 4th in London and 21st in UK for business and management studies.
The Times Good University Guide 2013 ranked Brunel Business School 6th in London and 45th in UK for business and management studies.
Guardian University Guide 2014 ranked Brunel Business School 7th in London and 44th in UK for business and management studies.
Brunel Business School has been shortlisted in the Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards for Strategic Planning in 2014.
Brunel University has been ranked 1st in London, 6th in UK and 35th in the world in a new world ranking of the top 100 universities founded in the last 50 years by Times Higher Education.
Brunel University is ranked 5th in London for student satisfaction according to National Student Survey
Brunel has gone up by 20 places in the 2013 QS World University Rankings and is now in position 331 in the world
Brunel University has been awarded one of the most prestigious awards – the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Further and Higher Education for its ground-breaking research
The last Research Assessment Exercise (2008) placed Brunel Business School in the top 25% of UK Business Schools, with 80% of our staff deemed to be producing work of international excellence.
Study in a campus-based university offering a safe, friendly and positive environment
Benefit from state-of-the-art teaching, recreation and sporting facilities
Develop a wide range of employability skills and improve your career prospects
Experience a diverse range of clubs and societies for an action-packed social life
All pathway programmes offer small class sizes for greater individual attention
All programmes provide students with the option to take a ‘work-experience’ year
Brunel University is in the Top 5 in London for student satisfaction (NSS, 2011)
Take advantage of our three undergraduate and three postgraduate pathway intakes a year.
Brunel’s programmes are characterized by excellent teaching and also opportunities for students to acquire research skills and to work alongside leading researchers.
Very importantly, our students have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of extracurricular activities and to enjoy a campus-based social life.
Brunel graduates display a range of key attributes that are very important to employers, including intellectual rigour, project management skills, teamwork and adaptability. This means that our graduates are in great demand from high-quality employers.
School Rankings and Accreditations:
The Brunel Business School is ranked in Top 20 Best Business Schools in UK according to the Financial Times
The Brunel Business School is ranked in Top 75 European Business Schools according to the Financial Times
The Brunel MBA is one of a distinguished group of MBA programmes worldwide to have achieved accreditation by The Association of MBAs (AMBA), the leading MBA accreditation body
Colleges and departments
Brunel has three constituent Academic Colleges:
College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences;
College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences
College of Health and Life Sciences
LIVING COSTS AND BUDGETING
The average student will need around £7,000 for each year of study to cover their living costs (not including tuition fees).
At Brunel, we can help you stick to your budget with great value accommodation and facilities.
The following list outlines how much the average student can expect to spend per term while studying at Brunel (calculations are based on a 12-week term).
Accommodation – £1500
based on a couple sharing) Bills (off campus) – Gas £120 per term/Electric £120 per term/TV Licence £37 per term/Water £30 per term / Telephone & Internet £120 per term
Phone (Mobile) £90 to £100 per term
Food & Groceries £ 330.00 per term
Travel (variable) Tube Zones 1-6 with student travel card is £ 40.00 per week
Bus Pass £14.10 per week
Books/Equipment (depends upon Course undertaken – Schools may be able to provide more exact details – for Access to Learning Fund
Purposes we allow up to £600 per academic year
Clothing/Other Shopping £200 – £300 per quarter
Every student is different, and you should calculate your own budget based on your personal circumstances.
International (non-EU) students: £14,100 (low band), £15,400 (mid band) or £17,200 (high band).
Low – College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences (except Business, Communications & Media and Games Design)
Physical Education and Youth Sport £14,100
Middle – Dept of Business
Dept of Mathematics (inc Foundation)
Dept of Computer Sciences
Communication & Media Studies £15,400
High – College of Health and Life Sciences (except Physical Education and Youth Sport & Psychology)
Dept of Design
All Engineering Departments (inc Foundation) £17,200
SANDWICH PLACEMENT YEAR
Sandwich courses last for four years. Thick-sandwich students spend Year 3 gaining work experience, while students following a thin-sandwich course benefit from two shorter work placements in Years 2 and 3.
For students entering the University September 2012 onwards, the fee for a placement year is £1,000. It is payable in year 3 of a 4 year sandwich course, regardless of whether the course is thick or thin sandwich. A scholarship is available to cover the tuition fee of the placement year.
THE BRUNEL INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS
We are pleased to announce our 2014/15 Brunel International Scholarships, which will comprise a 15% discount on the cost of tuition fees.
Thanks to the generosity of Brunel’s alumni and supporters, we are offering 37 awards, which are open to Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research students who are classed as overseas for fee purposes.
The Brunel International Scholarship Programme is an annual award, run by the Brunel International office and open to all international students.
Its goal is to provide over £110,000 of financial support to exceptional students.
Scholarship holders will go on to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University.
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College or TAR University College
TAR University College has its main campus at Jalan Genting Kelang in Kuala Lumpur which is sited on 186 acres of land.
The institution has 5 branches across Malaysia in the states of Penang, Perak, Johor, Pahang and Sabah.
The first branch campus is in Penang which started its operation in temporary premises back in 1994 before shifting to its purpose-built campus in Tanjung Bungah, Penang, in 1999.
The town of Kampar in Perak is home to the second branch campus which was established in 1998.
The branch campus in the state of Johor was also established in 1998 whereas the Pahang Faculty Branch was established in 1999.
Meanwhile, Sabah Faculty Branch was established in 2002 in the state of Sabah, East Malaysia.
Both the faculty branches in Pahang and Sabah will have a purpose-built campus which is in the pipeline and they will be located in Kuantan, Pahang and Kota Kinabalu, Sabah respectively.
The University College has a student population of more than 27,000, including students from Indonesia, Taiwan, Maldives, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Bangladesh, South Korea, Singapore, USA and Papua New Guinea.
The University College’s alumni numbers more than 180,000.
TAR University College is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia with a track record of excellence for over four decades.
The University College has a thriving student population of 27,000 pursuing tertiary education in its Main Campus located in Kuala Lumpur and five campuses in Penang, Johor, Perak, Pahang and Sabah
TAR University College has produced more than 180,000 graduates, many of whom are high achievers and leaders in various professions and industries, making significant contribution to the nation’s development.
Faculty of Accountancy, Finance & Business (FAFB)
Programmes offered at both diploma and bachelor’s degree levels in the following disciplines:
Accounting and Finance
Banking and Finance
E-Commerce and Marketing
Finance and Investment
Human Resource Management
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE)
Programmes offered at Diploma and bachelor’s degree levels in the following disciplines:
Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Construction Management and Economics
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electronic (Communication) Engineering
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing (FASC)
BioScience with Chemistry
Chemistry and Biology
Sport and Exercise Science
Information Systems Engineering
Enterprise Information Systems
Business Information Systems
Computer Science and Statistics
Management Mathematics with Computing
Computer Science and Management Mathematics
Computer Science and Computer Mathematics
Applied Physics with Scientific Instrumentation
Microelectronics and Physics
Microelectronics with Computer Communication
Microelectronics with Embedded Technology
Microelectronics with Automatic Control
Interactive Software Technology
Faculty of Social Science, Arts and Humanities (FSAH)
Centre for Pre-University Studies (CPUS)
Cambridge GCE A Level Science
Cambridge GCE A Level Arts
Foundation in Science
Foundation in Arts
Students are able to enjoy various facilities which include a student centre, a sports complex, a clubhouse, an Olympic-sized swimming pool and a hall with a seating capacity of 2,000.
Students also have easy access to various learning resources at the University College three-storey library comprising six levels.
Well equipped tutorials rooms, lecture theatres, laboratories, and workshops provide a conducive learning environment for students.
The Sports Complex is well equipped with a gymnasium, two multi-purpose halls, three rooftop tennis courts, five table tennis courts and six badminton courts/two volleyball courts/a basketball court.
The University College has a 10-block hostel accommodation within the campus. The hostel accommodation is on twin-sharing basis and equipped with beds, wardrobes, study tables and chairs.
Facilities available are air-conditioned study rooms with internet service, convenience & stationery shop, cafeteria, launderette, water dispensers, ATM, public telephones and parking facilities for vehicles.
There is also a 24-hour security service.
Facilities at main campus
TARC Main Campus has sports facilities, including a sports complex. Netted tennis courts are available at the rooftop, and the interior is used as badminton or basketball courts. There is an Olympic-size swimming pool, a learner’s pool, a gymnasium and squash courts in the club. Outdoor fields are available for football, basketball, futsal, and volleyball.
TARC library is a three-storey building with Infoweb system that helps students locate books easily. Internet computers are available. There are rooms for study, discussion and individual study areas.
One of the ten residential blocks of TARC Hostel
A path beside the Sports Complex leads to TARC Hostel. The ten blocks of five-storey-buildings can accommodate 2000 students. The rooms are twin-sharing. Seven of the blocks are for female students, while the other blocks are for male students.
The college offers a bus service to areas in the vicinity.
Computers in the Communication and Information Technology Centre of Kuala Lumpur Main Campus
Besides the internet computers in the library, more can be found in the Communication and Information Technology Centre of the Kuala Lumpur Main Campus.
Wi-Fi hotspots are spread all across the college, with popular spots being the library, canteens, and certain blocks.
TAR University College offers a wide range of programmes in various disciplines such as:
accounting, finance, management, business, economics, corporate administration, applied science, ICT, microelectronics, engineering, built environment, mass communication, social science, creative arts, hospitality management and pre-university.
Estimated Tuition Fees For First Year
Arts – MYR11,700/approximately USD3,080 – Rs 113960
Science – MYR14,800/approximately USD3,900 – Rs 144300
Estimated Total Fee per programme :
– Arts – MYR28,800/approximately USD7,580 – Rs 280460
– Science – MYR36,000/approximately USD9,480 – Rs 350760
Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Entrepreneurship – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Human Resource Management – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
Bachelor of Communication (Honours) in Broadcasting – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours) in Software Engineering – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Electrical and Electronics – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Honours) – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
Master of Business Administration – Tuition Fee: 21990 – Rs 806230 – Full time (1.5 yrs)
Master of Science (Life Science) – Full Time (2 years): 9,185.00 – Rs 82665
The 1910 Perth Technical School building is located at 137 St Georges Terrace, Perth, Western Australia, adjacent to the Old Perth Boys Schoolbuilding, which had served as part of the school’s former temporary premises since opening of classes there on 16 May 1900
A restrained and incomplete example of the Federation Free Medieval architectural style designed by government architect Hillson Beasley, this is one of the few examples of the style surviving in central Perth.
The curriculum included:
art and design,
woodwork and metalwork
Allen also extended the curriculum to include:
fitting and turning,
pharmacy and surveying.
Perth Technical School was the venue for the first tertiary educational activity in the state.
In 1905, The University of Adelaide formally affiliated itself to allow the school’s students to sit for undergraduate examinations in mathematics, physics, science, chemistry, geology, mineralogy and botany
In 1908, a biology course was implemented qualifying for the first-year B.Sc.programme
Plymouth, England where the main campus is located, but the university has campuses and affiliated colleges all over South West England.
Why Choose Plymouth University
With a mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through education and research, Plymouth University is among the emerging global elite of modern higher education institutions.
Ranked as the number one modern (post-1992) university in the UK by Times Higher Education in October 2014, Plymouth is distinguished by its approach to combining world-class research and teaching with a commitment to widening participation and social inclusion.
Our University campus is at the centre of a thriving, oceanfront city in one of the UK’s most beautiful regions.
Plymouth has everything you would expect from the largest city in the South West – major high street stores, theatres, multiplex cinema, art cinemas, and a wealth of small clubs and venues.
We also enjoy easy access to the fine beaches and beautiful countryside of the South West.
The Students’ Union (UPSU) also has a great selection of events and cheap drinks as well as providing valuable support and advice for anyone who needs help.’
One of the UK’s largest universities, with history dating back to 1862. Later became a polytechnic and received university status in 1992.
Plymouth is the first modern university to set up its own medical and dental school – the Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry.
Awarded a Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education in 2012 in respect of its marine and maritime work.
The first university in the world to receive a Social Enterprise Mark in recognition of its sustainability.
Consistently ranked as one of the leading universities in the UK, and awarded a Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education in 2012, Plymouth has a strong record of excellence, enterprise and innovation across its teaching and research activities.
Times Higher Education ranked Plymouth between 301st and 350th in its World University Rankings 2015–16, and ranked it as equal 59th in a list of the world 150 best universities under 50 years old, in April 2016.
One of the UK’s largest universities, with history dating back to 1862. Later became a polytechnic and received university status in 1992.
The first university in the world to receive a Social Enterprise Mark in recognition of its sustainability.
Peninsula Schools of Medicine & Dentistry (PU PSMD) – UG Medicine (BMBS) and UG Dentistry (BDS) only (Full time Pre-clinical) – 17800 pounds (Rs 996800)
BSc (Hons) Architectural Engineering – 3 years + optional placement – 12250 pounds (Rs 686000) per year
BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering – 3 years + optional placement – 12250 pounds (Rs 686000) per year
Management, Government and Law – 10300 Pounds (Rs 576800) per year
BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance – 3 years + optional placement – 12250 pounds (Rs 686000) per year
BA (Hons) Human Resource Management – 1 year – 12250 pounds (Rs 686000) per year
• China Pharmaceutical University (CPU) is a university in Nanjing, China that specializes in the pharmaceutical sciences.
• It is China’s first independent school of pharmacy and has been recognized as one of the best universities of pharmacy in China with a wide variety of specialized areas.
• It is one of the “Project 211” key universities affiliated with the Chinese Ministry of Education.
• Our Pharmacy discipline ranks No. 1 and Traditional Chinese Pharmacy discipline ranks No. 3 according to the latest statistics of the Ministry of Education of China.
• CPU is located in the ancient capital of Nanjing and comprises two campuses including Xuanwumen campus located in downtown Nanjing and Jiangning campus in the southeast outskirts of Nanjing.
• The university is also active in international academic exchanges. It has made academic exchange agreements with higher education institutions in more than 30 countries and regions of the world, including Japan, the United States, UK, Australia, Italy and Hong Kong.
• In addition, it maintains academic relationships with research institutions and universities in more than 40 countries and regions and educated various talents including doctors, masters, and bachelors for 57 countries.
• The China Pharmaceutical University upholds their four fundamental principles to ensure a “strict, practical, creative and cooperative” learning environment.
• For International Students, CPU offers 22 bachelor’s degree programs, 33 master’s programs, 26 doctoral programs, 23 post-doctoral programs in Chinese.
• Besides, we offered Programs of Pharmacy in English and they have been the brand programs of CPU.
• In addition, CPU offers Visiting Students Programs, Visiting Scholar Programs, Chinese Language Programs and 6 Short-term Training Programs.
• Foreign Graduates of CPU has been highly recognized foe their strong scientific and technical backgrounds.
ADVANTAGES AT CPU
Dedicated, kind staff to assist international students with their applying, counseling, orientation needs, and life.
CPU consists of 6 schools (School of Pharmacy, School of Traditional Chinese Pharmacy, School of life science and Technology, School of International Pharmaceutical Business, School of Continuing Education, and School of Higher Vocational Education), 4 independent departments (Dept. of Basic Sciences, Dept. of Foreign Languages, Dept. of Social Sciences, and Dept. of Physical Education), and 5 key labs and centers at state or provincial levels.
CPU offers 20 bachelor’s degree programs, 29 master’s programs, 24 doctoral programs and 6 post-doctoral fellowship programs. There are three national key disciplines: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutics and one provincial key discipline–Modern Traditional Chinese Pharmacy and Pharmacognosy.w
ACCOMMODATION AT CPU
CPU is located in Nanjing , the “ancient capital city of six dynasties” in China and is composed of two campuses including Xuanwumen campus located in downtown Nanjing and Jiangning campus in the southeast outskirt of Nanjing.
The campuses are 5-10 minutes to classrooms and labs.
With single rooms equipped with private bathroom.
Internet access and landline.
Shared kitchen and laundry facilities
Two 3-floor cafeterias are 5 minutes from the dormitory
Enjoy the foods and dishes of diverse tastes and styles across China
Muslin foods are also available.
Accommodation Fee for Degree Programs: 10800 per year; 900/month
Bachelor ’s Programs (CHINESE): 19,000 Yuan
Bachelor ’s Programs (ENGLISH): 25,000 Yuan
Master’s Programs (CHINESE): 25,000 Yuan
Master’s Programs(ENGLISH); 32,000 Yuan
Doctoral Programs(ENGLISH/(CHINESE): 36,000 Yuan
Chinese Language Program: 14,000 Yuan
General Visiting Scholar(ENGLISH): 25,000 Yuan
Senior Visiting Scholar(ENGLISH): 36,000 Yuan
Regular short-term Programs :7,200 Yuan
Accommodation fee: 10,800 Yuan
Registration fee: 400 Yuan
Insurance fee: 600 Yuan
Nanjing Government Scholarship at China Pharmaceutical University
Categories of applicants Scholarship
Bachelor 10000 Yuan/year
Master and PhD 20000 Yuan/year
Visiting student 5000 Yuan/ half year
The scholarship is about RMB10, 000 to RMB 20,000. China Pharmaceutical University offers 22 bachelor’s programs, 29 master’s degree programs and 24 doctoral programs
• Found in 1963, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is developed as a world class university which is ranked 46th in the world and 6th in Asia based on the QS World University Rankings in2014.
• The new campus in Shenzhen is modeled after CUHK, which is a forward-looking comprehensive research university with a global vision.
• CHUK’s mission is to combine tradition with modernity, and to bring together China and the West.
• CUHK Shenzhentakes the initiative to extend the core educational philosophy and values of CUHK to Mainland China.
• It brings together considerable educational and research resources of Hong Kong and Mainland China to provide high quality education for top talents from China and aboard.
CUHK Shenzhen is newly built campus (established in 2014) and offers programmes which are in line with global trends of higher education and keep the high education equivalent with CUHK. After 4 years study, graduates in Shenzhen will be award with CUHK degrees.
• Top University Rank (Top.51 in World, Top.6 in Asian from QS University ranking 2015)
• CUHK degree (No CUHK Shenzhen degree, only CUHK degree)
• Top tier Faculty (some of professors recruited from CUHK, some of them recruited globally )
• High Scholarship for International Students (more than 40% of our international students got scholarship last year, we offer full tuition, 50% tuition, 25% tuition scholarship to international students)
• International Exchange Programmes (partner Universities: Cambridge University, UCL, University of British Colombia, etc)
• Internship Programmes (Internship programmes signed with HUAWEI, Bank of China, Construction China Bank, etc )
Shenzhen is a 45-minute drive away from Hong Kong and is developing into a key regional and international metropolis in merely 30 years.CUHK Shenzhen is located in the picturesque Dayun Park of Shenzhen, which was the site of the 26th Universiade.
English is the primary instruction language and the University nurtures an international environment.
Top tier teaching staff is recruited globally which ensures an internationalized academic environment.
In addition to a commitment to academic excellence, CUHK Shenzhen places emphasis on humanistic education and Chinese cultural heritage across major disciplines.
A collegiate system is also modelled after CUHK to promote the all-round development of students.
Eligible international student applicants must hold a passport from a country other than Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
• CUHK’s first student exchange program was launched in 1965 with the University of California. Since then, student exchange programs have been established with over 230 institutions, including universities, research institutes, centers of learning, governmental agencies and regional and international associations of higher learning.
• As a leading international university, CUHK is a member of the Worldwide University Network, a founding member of the Asia Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE), and a number of other key educational bodies.
STUDYING AT CUHK
• With an emphasis on bilingualism, general education, unique collegiate life and an international environment that promotes a global outlook, and a campus being planned in the picturesque and vibrant high-tech area in Longgang District of Shenzhen, CUHK(SZ) is going to be the top choice for students and their parents regionally, nationally and internationally.
• Capitalizing on CUHK’s established strengths in a number of academic disciplines, academic programmes to be offered by CUHK(SZ) are in line with global trends of higher education and are adapted to the industrial, economic, social and cultural development on the Mainland.
• These programmes are regularly reviewed and their quality checked by the Senate of CUHK to ensure their fitness for the purposes of imparting cutting-edge knowledge and training first-class scholars and professionals.
WHY STUDYING AT CUHK?
Academic Qualifications and Degrees
The quality assurance standard for degrees in CUHK will be adopted and the Senate of CUHK will be responsible for the approval and monitoring of programmes offered by CUHK(SZ).
CUHK Degrees will be conferred on CUHK(SZ) students who have fulfilled the requirements of the respective academic programmes.
In addition, CUHK(SZ) Graduation Certificates will be awarded to students who have completed their studies and met the graduation requirements stipulated by MoE.
Bilingual Education and Internationalization
Instruction in CUHK(SZ) will be bilingual (Chinese and English).
Emphasis will be placed on language and communication ability, nurturing students as future leaders and talents who are international in outlook.
Academic staff and students will be recruited globally. Internationally renowned scholars who share the values and philosophy of CUHK will teach at CUHK(SZ) and steer its development.
Building on the tradition of CUHK, Colleges will be established in CUHK(SZ) as congenial communities to provide a vibrant living-learning environment for students.
Co-curricular and experiential learning opportunities offered by the Colleges serve to nurture students’ interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity, build up their sense of social responsibility, and allow students to pursue whole-person development through a wide range of activities.
Pastoral care will also be provided for students in need.
As a key component of undergraduate studies at CUHK and an integral part of a balanced approach to whole-person education, the General Education (GE) curriculum of CUHK(SZ) combines Chinese humanistic ideals and western liberal arts contents, including a Foundation module which is mandatory for all undergraduate students.
The GE Programme engages students in reflections on perennial issues of human concerns through reading of original texts of lasting significance
INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMS
CUHK welcomes International Students and student group from partner institutions to join together for various studies, research and cultural experience internships.
The following undergraduate programmes will admit international students in 2016: 1. School of Management and Economics (SME)
Global Business Studies
Marketing and Communication
2. School of Science and Engineering (SSE)
Computer science and Engineering
Electronic information and Engineering
New Energy Science and Engineering
Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
3. School of Humanities and Social Science (SHSS)
These programs are subjected to approval by the Ministry Of P.R China.
TUITION AND EXPENSES
RMB Y 95000 ($ 15000 USD) Per academic year
Monthly estimated expenses:
Approximately RMB Y 1500 ($ 235 USD) per month including meals, transportation, entertainment and miscellaneous
4 year on campus Housing
Scholarship for International Students (For 2016 Entry)
To encourage academic excellence, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen offers an expanding range of scholarships to international students. The Scholarships could be categorized as following:
1. All international applicants will automatically be considered for the admission scholarship along with admission decisions.
2. Consideration will be based on applicants’ English level, high school academic performance and interview.
3. Candidates may be asked to submit further supporting materials regarding financial circumstances.
On-going Academic Scholarship
• Students, who are excellent in academic performance in their university study, will be awarded On-going Academic Scholarship.
• The value of the scholarships varies from 20.000 RMB to 80.000 RMB per academic year.
• On-going Academic Scholarship are awarded annually on the basis of students’ overall average marks in the previous academic year. Awards list will be provided by relevant Schools and Registry Office.
• No separate application is required.
English Language Mentor Bursary
Students from English speaking countries who choose to undertake the Mentorship programmes will be offered the Full Tuition Fee Bursaries at maximum.
All the awards should serve as English Language Mentor at Centre for Self-access Language Learning for several hours per week.
• Full Tuition Fee Bursary (8 hours per week)
• 50% Tuition Fee Bursary (4 hours per week)
All international students will automatically be considered for the admission scholarship along with admissions decision. Considerations will be based on applicant’s English level, high school academic performance and an interview. Candidates may be asked to submit further supporting materials.
LIFE AT CUHK SHENZEN
As a CUHK student, you will find a lot of things to do in your spare time, apart from your study. Student Societies:
• YIQIU Chess club
• Film club
• Chinese Calligraphy
• Film festival
• Peking opera performance
• Halloween Party
Facilities and Resources
The university provides various facilities and services for the convenience of students, and to make campus life more amenable, diverse, and pleasurable.
While the campus of CUHK(SZ) is constructed in phases, the Start Up Zone which has already been completed, provides the followings:
24 Hours ATM Services
A dining facility which comes in two levels, situates at the northern end of the campus, with Level 1 opens in August 2014 and Level 2 is expected to be open by 2015.
The Dining Hall serves both Chinese and Western dishes according to demands, and will meet diverse requirements of staff and students as far as possible.
A Dining Hall Committee consisting of student and staff representatives will be formed to monitor the food quality and the services provided, with particular emphasis on hygiene and food safety.
Satisfaction surveys will be conducted from time to time and on a regular basis.
Hostel experience is a core part of students’ campus life. Each hostel room is shared by four students, and is equipped with:
● a bathroom (with shower)
● beds (with mattresses)
● desks and chairs
● air-conditioner and fan
● water dispenser
The following communal facilities are available on all floors:
● self-service coin-operated washing machines
● seminar/activities rooms
● office of the resident tutor
It is expected that all students will reside in one of the colleges on campus by September 2016 upon completion of Phase one development.
Details of facilities available will be announced in due course.
A Convenience Store is operated on campus to provide daily necessities including food, beverages, bread, snacks, personal care products and stationery, ect.
To enrich university life and cultivate students’ interests in sports, the university offers a stand-alone indoor stadium on its Start Up Zone campus.
The Sports Centre is equipped with a range of sports facilities, including basketball/ badminton courts, table tennis room, dance room and fitness room, etc.
A wider variety of sports facilities will be provided upon completion of Phase One and Phase Two of the campus.
The Student Centre aims at adding extra dimensions to students’ life on campus.
Various activities rooms including seminar/meeting rooms, TV rooms, reading rooms, piano room, band rehearsal room as well as games room are available in the Centre.
Offices for the Student Union and other student organisations are also provided.
The Student Affairs Office which offers a wide range of student services including counselling and guidance services is accommodated in the Centre.
The Information Technology Services Centre (ITSC) is a technical administration unit to oversee and manage IT resources and infrastructures on campus.
It provides the following services and facilities to the campus community:
All members of the university including students will each be provided with a unique user ID and an initial password for identity authentication for access to the University’s Central IT services which includes the Portal, email, network and Internet access.
In the Computer Centre and Information Commons of the Library, over 100 computers are provided with internet access.
Internet access on campus will be provided by ITSC while the student hostels will be served by outside providers.
Wireless Internet Access Services will be provided in all major buildings on campus and marked “Wi-Fi Covered”.
Printing Services are provided both in the Computer Centre and in the Library.
Photo Copying Service and Scan Service are provided in the Library.
Training workshops, web-based training courses and online training materials are available to equip students and staff with knowledge in software applications as well as information security.
For more information, visit the ITSC website or attend training sessions organised by ITSC.
24 Hours ATM Services
ATM of Bank of China (from October 2014) and China Citic Bank (from September 2014) will be available on campus.
• Xiamen University Malaysia Campus (XMUMC) is the first overseas campus set up by a renowned Chinese university and the first Chinese university branch campus in Malaysia.
• Located in the vicinity of Bandar Kota Warisan, Sepang, Selangor, it’s just 15 minutes ride from the country’s administrative center of Putrajaya or 45 km southwest of Kuala Lumpur.
• It is built on an area of 150 acres with a planned total floor space of 470,000 square meters.
• XMUMC aspires to become a university with a distinct global outlook, which features first-class teaching and research, and embraces cultural diversity.
• With the exception of Chinese Studies and Traditional Chinese Medicine, the medium of instruction for all other programmes is English.
Why choose XMUM
• Campus – a purpose-built campus occupying an area of 150 acres with an estimated total investment of RM 1.3 billion
• Academic Staff – 80% of our academic staff are doctoral degree holders; one third of our academic staff are seconded from XMU China, while the rest are recruited from Malaysia and other countries.
• Class size – small class size with a student to teacher of 15:1.
• Tuitionfee_ affordable, ranging from RM 12,000 -24,000 per year.
• Financial aids – merit-based scholarships are available;study grants are given out to needy students whose family income is below RM 3,000 per month or who face other hardships.
• Study abroad Opportunities – student exchanges or internships in China.
• Further studies – opportunities to pursue postgraduate studies at XMUM or XMU China.
• Recognition of qualifications – XMUM degrees are recognised internationally, including in China and Malaysia.
• Science & social Science
• Chinese Studies
• International Business
• Computer Science and Technology
• Software Engineering
• Digital Media Technology
• New Energy Science & Engineering
• Traditional Chinese Medicine
• Marine Biotechnology
• Chemical Engineering
• Electrical & Electronic Engineering
• Xiamen Univeristy Malaysia provides on-campus accommodation to all registered students.
• Students are encouraged to live in campus dormitories, as living on campus fosters a spirit of cooperation and camaraderie that develops into lifelong friendships, and facilitates participation in extra-curricular activities through various cultural, recreational and social programmes.
• Single room with en-suite bathroom RM560 – RM 620 per month
• Single room with shared bathroom – RM 520 – RM 580 per month.
• Twin sharing room with en-suite bathroom RM340 per student per month
• Internet WI-FI connection in every room
• An air-conditioner in every room
• A common kitchen on each floor equipped with a microwave oven, a refrigerator, etc.
• A laundry room
• A car parking area
• A five-floor student activity centre beside the dormitory, including a canteen, a shop, a gym, a table tennis room, a gymnastics room, a martial arts room, a yoga room, a swimming pool, a cafe and lounge, prayer rooms, etc.
Coventry has been named the UK’s City of Culture 2021!
Any student you send to us can expect to see the city transformed with millions of pounds of investment while they study here.
They will have the chance to earn a highly respected degree from a TEF Gold University, and be able to tell family, friends and employers that they are a graduate from the UK’s City of Culture!
As a Principal Partner of the successful bid, our city centre campus, students, academics and societies have been at the heart of events to #BackTheBid.
We’ve seen a wealth of of art exhibitions, stage shows, craft workshops, radio plays, dance events and music, and there is much more to come!
For those students taking performing arts, photography, dance, fashion, art or design, winning this award is a great chance to get inspired and to work alongside successful professionals in the wider arts community!
• Coventry University is a public research university in the city of Coventry, England.
• It was established as a university through the Further and Higher Education Act 1992, and was formerly known as Lanchester Polytechnic until 1987 and Coventry Polytechnic until it gained university status in 1992.
• With over 30,000 students (as of 2012), Coventry University is the larger of the two universities in the city
Nationally, Coventry is ranked 58th by The Complete University Guide 2014, 33rd by The Guardian University Guide 2014, and 45th by The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2014. Internationally, Coventry is ranked within the top 800 universities in the world by the 2013/14 QS World University Rankings, the first time it has been included in such a ranking.
Coventry ranked top modern university in new Times and Sunday Times league table
We invest with you in your career by providing great learning opportunities, strong structured teaching and state of the art facilities
Coventry University is here not only to provide high quality education for students but to also ensure that your future career is also looked after. We provide extensive support through our central careers service, faculty employability teams, the unique Advantage employability programme and our popular and innovative Global Leaders Programme.
In the increasingly global context of trade and recruitment, competition for graduate jobs has become fiercer than ever. Students and graduates with an international profile are favorably positioned to seize the best employment opportunities.
Coventry is the 4th safest place to study in the country
It is centrally located with superb links to the rest of the UK
15 minutes to Birmingham airport by train, 1 hour to London by train
It offers low cost, secure, accommodation within walking distance
World-leading and internationally excellent research in every Faculty
Flexible entry points
Flexible start dates – September and January intakes
It offers up to £1500 worth of scholarships available to each international student
World Class facilities
One of the best Business Schools in the world
Internationally recognised Engineering and Computing faculty
World renowned School of Art and Design
National recognition for high quality of provision of applied and professional courses in Health and Life Sciences
Faculties and schools
Coventry is divided into three faculties and one school, each divided into different departments:
Coventry School of Art and Design
Design and Visual Arts
Faculty of Business, Environment and Society
Coventry Business School
English and Languages
Geography, Environment and Disaster Management
International Studies and Social Science
Coventry Law School
Faculty of Engineering and Computing
Civil Engineering, Architecture and Building
Mathematics and Control Engineering
Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
Aerospace, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
Biomolecular and Sport Sciences
Nursing and Health Studies
Psychology and Behavioural Sciences
Social, Therapeutic and Community Studies
Tuition fees – International students Intake International student fees 2012 -2013 International student fees 2013 -2014
MBA Global Business January, April and October £13,780 £14,500
MBA Oil and Gas Management January, April and October £13,780 £14,500
MBA Aviation Management April and October £16,750 £16,750
MBA (all other courses) January, April and October £13,780 £14,500
MSc January and October £13,780 £12,250
Undergraduate Degree (3 year course) January and October £10,375 £11,040
Undergraduate Top-up Degree January and October £9,900 £11,040
Coventry University scholarships are awarded to recognise truly exceptional academic and sports achievement.
University owned houses
St Margaret Road
On campus, TheHub is the centre of student life: it is the place to gather, grab a coffee with friends, have a meal, see a band in the SU, or just hang out. In short – it’s TheHub of campus life. But there is also the University’s Sports Centre just across from TheHub, and the Westwood Heath Sports facilities with floodlit AstroTurf and grass pitches for football, hockey, rugby and cricket. There are nearly 100 clubs and societies for you to join – a great way to make new friends. We realise that many of you will need to take a part-time job while you are at University, so we even have our own on campus recruitment agency: thefutureworks.
Curtin University is a vibrant, forward-thinking, innovative university.
When you join Curtin University, you’ll become part of an international family.
With almost a third of our 51,000 students coming from a country outside of Australia.
You’ll study in a multicultural and inclusive environment that gives you a sense of belonging.
Curtin has a strong, international focus, with campuses in Perth, Sydney, Singapore and Sarawak.
Offering internationally recognised courses that prepare you to work in the competitive global market.
Curtin University is a popular study destination.
Globally recognised for its strong connections with industry and high-impact research.
It is ranked in the top two per cent of universities worldwide in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2014.
The only Western Australian university to be ranked in the top 50 under 50.
Awarded a five-star overall excellence rating (out of five) in the International QS Stars rating 2014.
Courses have a practical focus, offering you on-the-job experience.
Strong industry collaboration
Outstanding facilities link Curtin researchers, industry, government, and the community with Curtin working with industry on many high-impact research projects. These global collaborations drive innovation in key sectors such as business, mining and health and provide you with unique opportunities as a student, with access to real business and research, employer networks and new experiences.
The wide range of professional skills and challenges will broaden your perspective and prepare you for a career anywhere in the world. Curtin has partnerships with more than 90 institutions worldwide and industry partners include Alcoa, Alzheimer’s Australia, Bankwest, BHP Billiton, Cancer Council Western Australia, Chevron, CSIRO, Rio Tinto, the Water Corporation and Woodside.
In the Good Universities Guide 2014, which assesses the performance of Australian universities, we received a five star rating (out of five) for graduate starting salaries.
The Curtin Alumni Community spans over 155 countries and comprises 190,000 Curtin graduates worldwide.
As the thriving capital of Western Australia, Perth is a prosperous and cosmopolitan city set against the stunning backdrop of the Indian Ocean. It is the perfect place to study.
Located in the same time zone as Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing and Kuala Lumpur, Perth’s close proximity to Asia and its international airport make Curtin a convenient destination, and a place where it is easy to stay in touch with your family and friends at home.
Scholarships are part of Curtin’s commitment to rewarding academic excellence, supporting research and enabling students from all backgrounds to realise their potential.
Scholarships are available for both commencing and current Curtin students. Scholarships are more than just financial support; they can enhance your portfolio of achievements.
Winner Youth Employment and Training 2010 (Hanson Swan Business Awards)
Winner for Professional Services Award 2009 (Hanson Swan Business Awards)
Winner Service Excellence Award Medium Business 2009 (Customer Service Council WA)
Winner Best Service Business Award 2008 (Australia Post Stirling Small Business Awards)
We strive to provide our students with the best possible service and learning experience.
We care about seeing you succeed and getting closer to those dreams and goals!
With a competitive tuition fees and other student expenses, AIWT courses offer great value to international students.
Our practical learning environment equips students to “train locally and advance globally.”
Modern Classrooms/Common Area
All our classrooms are fitted with air conditioning, white boards, comfortable sitting arrangements, projectors and ample lighting that fosters for the best learning ambiance any student and lecture can wish for.
Our common sitting area offers students an environment to socialise while on a break in between lessons.
Our international office and service team are available to assist students with advice and information on visa/passport enquiries, academic problems, personal circumstances, payment of fees, course loads, policies, procedures and any other student enquiries that can be addressed within AIWT’s capabilities.
AIWT delivers courses over a period of 20 hours per week, with hands on classroom and a workshop training approach with assessments that include written tests, assignments and observed simulated practice.
Our teaching staff are available to assist you excel and achieve greater heights in your chosen area of study, they also bring to their classroom a wealth of teaching experience, industry knowledge and a unique approach to delivering world class education and training.
Students study with competency based training and assessment methods are assessed according to established industry standards that will equip you with the essential skills and knowledge to a gain a firm footing in your chosen industry area.
Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety – $ 4800 (Total cost)
Diploma of Work Health and Safety – $10,000 (Total cost)
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care – $12,000 (Total cost)
Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management – $12,000 (Total cost)
Diploma of Leadership and Management – $10,000 (Total cost)
Advanced Diploma of Translating – $8500 (Total cost)
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care – $7000 (Total cost)
• With London only a few miles away, excellent transport links to the rest of England and three major airports on our doorstep, Kingston is the gateway to the world! We’re also close to many major businesses, which gives you the opportunity to gain a work placement in a top company and means that you don’t have to travel far to look for a job after you graduate.
• We want you to have a great experience while you’re at Kingston, which is why we offer a range of services to support you.
• We’re always open to new ideas at Kingston, from using the latest technology to make learning fun and enjoyable, to fostering entrepreneurship among our students and staff.
• To further enhance your employability, as well as gain new language skills and experience a different country and culture, we offer the opportunity to work or study abroad as part of your degree.
• Getting involved will not only make life at uni more fun, but it will also broaden your horizons, increase your confidence and make you more interesting to future employers.
Careers and employability
• Having a degree can open doors, but we aim to take you one step further by providing courses that focus on what employers want, giving you the chance to gain workplace skills and work experience and get ahead of the competition. Our teaching is also informed by research that is carried out in the real world, keeping it up to date with the latest developments.
International students who apply for halls accommodation in good time are guaranteed an offer of accommodation for our halls of residence during their first year (providing they meet our eligibility criteria).
If you wish to live independently in a flat or a house there is a strong private-rented sector in Kingston and the surrounding areas, with a good range of properties available.
Our Accommodation Team in the Student Life Centre offers a free and friendly service to help you find the right place to live in private accommodation, including a student-to-student notice board to help you find flatmates, a property vacancy list and a list of local letting agents, as well as help and advice with housing issues.
Architecture and Landscape
Art and Design
Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Drama, Dance, Film, TV, Media and Music
Geography and Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
Geology and Earth Sciences
Health and Social Care Sciences
History, International Relations and Politics
Journalism, Language and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Psychology, Criminology and Sociology
Surveying and Planning
Undergraduate degree=£10,750 to £12,350
Postgraduate degrees =£10,250 to £13,400 (however the MBA is £18,560)
Preparatory courses=£7,700 to £10,875
the cost of accommodation – either halls of residence or privately rented accommodation (in which case you should expect to pay at least £4,400–£5,000 per year);
living costs, such as food, travel, laundry and entertainment – we suggest you plan to spend approximately £6,500–£10,000 per year
Our courses will help to develop the skills and abilities you’ll need to succeed in your career.
Many courses at Kingston University are vocational. This means that they:
are specifically designed to prepare you for your chosen career
offer you the chance to gain valuable work experience in industry or commerce
They often also carry professional accreditation from organisations such as:
Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA);
Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS);
Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD);
the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM); and
The British Psychological Society (BPS).
Scholarships and awards
Kingston University offers a number of scholarships for international students, including subject-specific and country-specific awards. Bursaries for alumni and their families are also available.
The British Government offers a limited number of awards to international students through the British Council.
DETAILS OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The International Office awards more than £200,000 worth of partial scholarships to international students every year. These scholarships are available to students who are classified with an ‘overseas’ fee status.
Kingston University offers a 10% discount off tuition fees for international students who are applying for a full-time programme and are either: returning to Kingston University after successfully completing a programme here; or have a family connection to Kingston University
The faculties at Kingston University offer their own range of course-specific scholarships which are available to a variety of overseas and European students.
Various sources of funding are available to international students from external organisations.
Holmesglen Institute of Technical And Further Education (TAFE) is a tertiary level training institute situated in the South-Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.
Holmesglen is one of the largest providers of vocational and higher education in Victoria.
Since 1982, Holmesglen has grown from a delivery of 90 programs to 7,000 students, to a unique multi sectoral provider offering over 600 programs to more than 50,000 students.
Holmesglen delivers internationally and nationally across four major campuses: Chadstone, City, Moorabbin and Waverley.
Holmesglen invests to ensure that students have access to the best possible education and training facilities available.
WHY STUDYING AT TAFE HOLMESGLEN?
Our programs are highly regarded within industry and include:
Degree and graduate certificate courses
Apprenticeships and pre-apprenticeships in engineering, hospitality, horticulture, furnishing and building and construction trades
Over 200 nationally endorsed certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas
Pathways to Holmesglen degrees or other higher education streams
Adult short courses
Bridging and preparatory courses and adult VCE
Trade accreditation and testing
Corporate and industry programs.
Holmesglen is a large, multi-sector Government institution situated across four campuses in Melbourne close to shops, parks, public transport and only 5-30 minutes from the city centre.
Since its inception in 1982 Holmesglen has grown from a delivery of 90 programs to 7,000 students, to its current offering of over 600 programs to more than 50,000 students.
Holmesglen delivers internationally and nationally across three campuses: Chadstone, Moorabbin and Waverley.
Founded on apprenticeships and courses for the Building Industry, Holmesglen has since expanded to offer courses over a broad range of subject areas.
2008 saw the introduction of a number of new degree and associate degree programs, increasing the Institutes range of higher education courses to 10. New degree programs, most notably the Bachelor of Nursing, commenced in 2009. Holmesglen is the only institute in Australia offering upper secondary, vocational and higher education.
We offer an extensive range of programs and services to students of many different backgrounds through a variety of teaching modes and enhanced by relationships with other educational institutions and key industries.
The range of courses on offer at Holmesglen rapidly increased, and now the institute delivers not just vocational training for trades but also more academic courses including ten degrees in the areas of business, building, health & social sciences, hospitality, education & languages and arts & design.
With a range of courses from certificate and diploma to degree level, all courses offered at Holmesglen are accredited by the Australian Government. Vocational courses focus on providing students with practical skills that are readily transferable to the workplace. This aspect of our courses provides employers with the knowledge that our graduates have practical experience in applying their skills.
Holmesglen’s degrees provide an innovative delivery methodology with a distinct difference over the delivery of degrees at university. The main advantage of the delivery is the applied nature of teaching.
Courses are structured to include lectures, tutorials, a simulated work environment and an opportunity for practical placement within several of the degrees.
Students benefit from the Holmesglen experience while gaining a tertiary qualification normally only available through university.
Holmesglen operates on five campuses: Chadstone (adjacent to Holmesglen train station), Moorabbin, Glen Waverley, City and Eildon.
The Chadstone campus is the largest and most widely recognised. It is here that the traditional trade’s areas are mostly housed in addition to many other course areas.
The Chadstone Campus has three on-site cafeterias in Building Five, Three and One and it also has McDonald’s and Nandos nearby. The campus is within walking distance to Chadstone Shopping Centre.
The Moorabbin campus was acquired from Chisholm TAFE and began operating as a Holmesglen Campus in 2002. Prior to that it was part of Barton TAFE, before it merged to become Chisholm TAFC and before that stood alone as Moorabbin Technical College.
This campus delivers a diverse range of courses including hospitality, business, engineering, health sciences, fitness and short courses. The Moorabbin Campus is also the sit of the Holmesglen Vocational College. The Moorabbin campus has one cafeteria in Building four and next to the cafeteria is an on-site Subway.
The Waverley campus is the newest purpose built facility and delivers training in hospitality, childcare, multimedia, animation, filmmaking, tourism and recreation.
The Eildon Campus which is their rural campus provides unique student and staff training opportunities.
The City campus opened in early 2012, offering courses including fashion, building design, IT and language programs.
Employment assistance aims to support students in their search for employment and includes the review of application letters and resumes for advertised vacancies.
Graduate Employment Service provides employers and the industry with full end-to-end recruitment service and all the vacancies we secure would be advertised to relevant Holmesglen graduates.
Students and graduates have access to career development information which is continually updated to include the latest on career expos, graduate recruitment drives by large companies, latest job search engines and other organizations operating in the graduate employment industry.
FACULTY & PROGRAM
Arts & Design
Building & Construction
Business & Finance
Education & Training
Computing & IT
Fitness & Wellbeing
Community & Health Sciences
Horticulture & Environment
Hospitality, Tourism & Events
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
Accommodation and airport reception
Comprehensive orientation program
Assistance with finding employment
Convenient access to public transport
Engineering and building workshops
Specialist nursing laboratories
Hospitality kitchens and training restaurant
Modern, well equipped classrooms
Libraries, internet facilities and online study resources
On campus cafeterias and nearby restaurant and fast food outlets
Apply Aeronautics and Engineering at OVEC for Shenyang Aerospace University, the best Aerospace University in China and reknowned throughout the whole world for its top quality education. Located in Shenyang City, the Aerospace City of China where major Boeing and BMW components are built up. Fully developed city where its industry focuses on Heavy Mechanics. Scholarship avaible at SAU when applying via OVEC. Tuition fee costs only Rs 80 000 per year and students have possibility to have internship in top class companies such as Boeing and BMW.
• Jiangsu University, situated in a beautiful and well-known historic and cultural city on the southern bank of the Yangtze River – Zhenjiang, is a comprehensive teaching-and-research-type university featuring engineering, one of its five chief fields: engineering, medicine, science, management and humanities.
• Jiangsu Unviersity has an area of over 203 hectares with a total floor space of 1,400,000 square meters.
• At present, Jiangsu University has more than 4500 staff, including 2 Chinese Academy of Science academicians, 5 Chinese Academy of Engineering academician, more than 150 doctoral tutors, more than 300 professors and more than 850 associate professors, and an enrollment of more than 35,000 students, of whom about 6,300 are postgraduates.
• It has 24 schools and colleges, 76 undergraduate programs in the fields of engineering, science, medicine, literature, economics, law, management, education, history.
• It has 6 post-doctoral research stations, 5 primary Ph.D. disciplines, 33 Ph.D. programs, 100 master’s programs, 2 national key disciplines, 1 key laboratory co-sponsored by Jiangsu Province and the Ministry of Education, 10 provincial key disciplines, 11 provincial key laboratories and engineering centers.
• In addition, it runs 16 ME (Master of Engineering) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) programs, one publishing company, Jiangsu University Press, and one affiliated hospital.
• Besides first-rate education services, Jiangsu University will provide first-rate logistic services so that international students can enjoy a pleasant experience in this key university, in Zhenjiang, a famous city with long history and profound culture, and in China, the most charmful country in the 21st century.
• In every year, Jiangsu University also held a variety of cultural activities to help international students enjoy their school life.
BACHELOR DEGREE IN ENGLISH MEDIUM
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
• Business Administration (BA)
• International Economics and Trade (IET)
• Computer Science and Technology (CST)
• Civil Engineering (CE)
• Chemical Engineering and Process (CEP)
• Pharmaceutical Science (PS)
• Food Science and Engineering (PSE)
• Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
• Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
• Chinese Language and Literature
MASTERS DEGREE IN ENGLISH MEDIUM
• Located in Zhenjiang in jiangsu province, in the south of China, Jiangsu University is generally consisted of four campuses: main campus of jiangsu university, MengXi campus, North campus and zhongshan campus.
• All the international students can live in campus, and accommodation is very cheap, just about 20~50 RMB per person a day.
• Unnecessary to book in advance.
• Rent outside campus is not allowed for undergraduates, graduate student should get permission from school before renting outside.
• Offer 24 hours check-in service.
• Moving in before semetser begins is not allowed.
• Hotel in campus: No.
• Pay by year in campus dorm.
• Check-in before semester begins.
The Main Campus
• The address of the main campus of jiangsu university is 301 Xuefu Road, Jiangsu University. Zhenjiang, Jiangsu.
• Non-degree students and Degree students are both welcomed by the university.
• And all the overseas students can live in the Overseas Exchange Building.
Non-degree – 15,000 Yuan (7,800 Yuan/Semester)
Medicine & Arts – 22,000 Yuan Per Year
Science & Engineering – 20,000 Yuan per year
Social Science – 16,000 Yuan
MBA – 60,000 Yuan/two years
Doctoral – 24,000 Yuan to 30,000 Yuan per Year
JU offers many kinds of scholarships to international students:
• Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) – full fee
• Confusions Institute Scholarship – full fee
• Jasmine Scholarship – 20,000 Yuan/year/bachelor degree – 30,000 Yuan/year/Master
• JU Presidential Scholarship – 10,000 Yuan/ Bachelor – 15,000 Yuan/Master
La Trobe University is a major Australian institution that has a worldwide reputation for academic excellence and innovation.
At La Trobe’s Melbourne Campus students enjoy world-class teaching facilities and a vibrant collegiate atmosphere set among a peaceful parkland environment.
La Trobe’s Melbourne Campus is situated only 14kms (8.7miles) from the Melbourne’s CBD and is within close distance of some of Melbourne’s most lively and diverse inner suburbs.
The Melbourne Campus boasts 267 hectares (660 acres) of striking parkland and waterways, including a major wildlife sanctuary, featuring a wonderful display of native Australian animals.
One of the universities opted for trial scheme of Public Transport Victoria (PTV) whereby all international students get 50% off the cost of annual public transport.
La Trobe’s Sydney Campus is centrally located in the city’s Central Business District (CBD). You will be close to part-time work opportunities and host internship companies.
Melbourne population – 4 million
Sydney population – 4.7 million
Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine)
La Trobe has over 30 000 students from over 100 countries.
The University is recognised for its research strengths at a global level.
We are Australia’s leading university in biochemistry and cell biology research.
Fast-track option for eligible students, enabling them to finish their degree in two years rather than three, saving a year of living cost and time.
You may complete a double major in the same time.
Small class sizes will provide a personalized and supportive study environment where you’ll further develop your communication skills and confidence.
Internship program providing an opportunity to get valuable workplace experience in an Australian multicultural environment.
La Trobe is one of a small number of Australian universities to be consistently ranked in the top 500 universities in the world on every major ranking scale.
Ranked in the top one hundred emerging universities in the world (Times Higher Education, The 100 Under 50 Universities, 2014)
Ranked 38 in the world for our courses in history (including archaeology) and in the top 100 for communication, media studies, linguistics and sociology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2013)
Australia’s best university for research in microbiology and equal best in biochemistry and cell biology, and veterinary science (Excellence in Research for Australia rankings)
Produces worldwide recognised and high employable graduates given the well-established health Sciences area
La Trobe Business School has been ranked in the top 200 Business Schools by the QS Global MBA Rankings since 2010.Our MBA is currently ranked 14 by QS TOPMBA in the Asia Pacific region. It is ranked second in Melbourne and Victoria.
Undergraduate, postgraduate and other programs are offered in the following disciplines:
Accounting and Business
Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Allied health and rehabilitation
Arts, communication and critical enquiry
Counselling and social work
Dentistry and oral health
Economics and Finance
Education and teaching
Historical and cultural studies
Marketing and Management
Medical and Psychological Sciences
Nursing, midwifery and Para medicine
Outdoor and environmental education
Physical, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences
Visual and creative arts
On campus accommodation
• One of the largest on campus accommodation providers in Victoria, Accommodation Services at La Trobe offers a wide range of on campus accommodation options for new, returning, undergraduate, post graduate and placement students.
1. Pathway Programs
La Trobe Melbourne is a pathway option for students who want to study at La Trobe University but cannot gain direct entry. Foundation, Diploma studies and English language courses are offered by La Trobe Melbourne – owned and operated by global education pathway provider Navitas – at the Melbourne campus. La Trobe University Sydney Campus offers two Diploma pathway options dependent on a student’s IELTS results. Students who meet the academic entry requirements for Diploma but only have an IELTS score of 5.5 (min. of 5 in any band), may enter the Diploma via a provisional pathway: In this program they must successfully complete an additional Academic Study Skills unit during the first semester.
2. English Language
La Trobe’s English language program supports staff and students by providing language resources, advice, guidelines and consultations. The program has also developed an undergraduate subject which is available to all first year students using English as an additional language. Academic Language and Learning Unit staffs in each faculty work with students using English as an Additional Language.
3. Foundation Program
La Trobe Melbourne’s Foundation Studies are designed exclusively for international students to build upon their studies in their home country and to meet the entry requirements for undergraduate courses at La Trobe University.
4. Employability and Career
Over 81 per cent of La Trobe’s 2009 first degree graduates found full-time employment within four months of completing their qualification. Source: Australian Graduate Survey 2009.
At our Sydney Campus we have an Internship program where you can take advantage of an unpaid position in a corporate environment, with a focus on developing skills relevant to your career path.
You will be placed in an internship related to your studies, specialisation or area of interest. The internship usually lasts12–16 weeks and enables eligible degree students to:
• gain invaluable work experience
• transfer knowledge and theories from your university course into the workplace
• increase your chance of full-time employment within your chosen career
• Gain a workplace reference at the end of your internship.
International students can increase their proficiency of the English language and experience of the Australian work force culture.
International Postgraduate Research Scheme (IPRS) and La Trobe University Fee Remission Research Scholarship (LTUFRRS)
La Trobe University Postgraduate Research Scholarships (LTUPRS)
William Angliss Institute is Australia’s largest specialist centre for foods, tourism, hospitality and events training. The Institute operates nationally and internationally, delivering industry focused training from half day programs through to four year degrees, from traditional pub hospitality to five star customer service, from campus to youth programs, to the work place and to remote sites.
Within our specialisations, the Institute offers a full complement of programs from VCAL and VET in Schools through Certificate, Diploma, Graduate Certificate and Degree programs.
The Institute is delivering training in every State and Territory in Australia.
The Institute continues to develop program offerings internationally.
Four partnerships in China, one partnership in Sri Lanka and a Tourism Continuing Education & Training (CET) Centre in Singapore support an international delivery platform.
The Institute continues to conduct off-shore project development work with industry, governments and development-aid agencies.
The leading educational provider of Australian hospitality, tourism, foods and culinary arts knowledge and expertise locally, nationally and internationally.
To deliver the highest quality specialist skills and education to inspire, empower and develop people passionately devoted to being service industry professionals, leaders and innovators.
Bachelor of Resort and Hotel Management – $55,200 (Total course tuition fees including packaged courses)
Bachelor of Resort and Hotel Management (Professional Practice) – $59,800
Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management – $59,800
Bachelor of Event Management – $55,200
Bachelor of Culinary Management – $59,800
Bachelor of Food Studies – $55,200
Certificate III in Commercial Cookery – $17,600
Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery – $26,400
Diploma of Hospitality Management – $34,100
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management – $41,800
WHY STUDY AT William Angliss Institute?
William Angliss Institute students in Sydney have sharpened their skills assisting with the Iron Chef All Stars 2017 charity dinner at the Sydney Opera House
Manager Strategic Project Development at William Angliss Institute in Melbourne, Australia Jim Irwin presented to the AHA team on overcoming the challenges with the shortage of cooks and chefs in Australia.
At William Angliss Institute we give our students the opportunity to learn in the best facilities anywhere in the world in culinary, hospitality, tourism and event management training. We know that to be successful in these industries you need a balance of expert knowledge and hands-on experience. Our first-class facilities and expert teaching will provide you with the confidence and experience to be a leader in your chosen field, opening doors to employment opportunities globally.
William Angliss Institute’s central Melbourne facilities include innovative live and simulated classrooms with state-of-the-art information technology, designed to help you perform in real workplaces.
On campus we have three operational restaurants and a conference centre where students can experience first-hand the thrill of creating delicious dishes and serving tables of satisfied patrons. Students learn how to cope with the day-to-day challenges of food service and event management at real events.
Students access wireless internet across the campus and the student portal puts learning resources, timetables, student news and forums at your fingertips. Ultimately our cutting edge facilities are about making you job-ready with the tools you need to follow your passion anywhere in the world.
Melbourne – the tourism and food capital of Australia
The Institute’s main campus lies in the heart of Melbourne, Australia, “the world’s most livable city”.* Melbourne was also voted as the 5th best city in the world for international students**. Each year, millions of international and local tourists visit Melbourne to attend many international events. Our reputation and industry connections ensure our students are provided with exciting work experience opportunities at many major events.
Now in Sydney
The William Angliss Institute Sydney campus is located in Surry Hills, the heart of the city’s vibrant hotel and restaurant scene. Sydney’s natural beauty and outdoor lifestyle attract millions of tourists and make it a desirable study location.
Strong ties to industry
As the preferred supplier of staff to Food Services Australia, Melbourne City Council, Good Food & Wine Show, and Melbourne Food and Wine Festival amongst others, our students have unrivalled access to the food, tourism and hospitality industries in Victoria and New South Wales.
A global reputation
William Angliss Institute reaches far beyond Australian shores. In addition to our four joint venture campuses in China, our overseas training has grown with the addition of the William Angliss Institute Centre for Education and Training (CET) in Singapore. The global network of training further incorporates consultancy projects domestically and around the world. Students can also study through our joint venture campuses in Thailand, Sri Lanka and Malaysia.
* Economist Intelligence Unit, Global Liveability Survey 2013
** QS Best Student Cities in the World 2013
Careers & Employment
The Careers and Employment Service provides William Angliss Institute students and recent graduates with access to job opportunities, career development services and industry engagement.
1. Experience counts. Fanshawe College has been providing real world career training for more than 40 years as a full-service Government of Ontario community college. We offer more than 100 post-secondary certificate, diploma, graduate and applied degree programs.
2. Putting you to work. Fanshawe offers more than 30 cooperative education programs, which is more than any other college in Canada. Over the years, we have developed substantial links with local, national and international employers. Jumpstart your career by combining paid work experience with your academic program.
3. Affordable education. Tuition at Fanshawe is about $11,000 CDN per year, which is an incredible value compared to what you might pay in the United States or the United Kingdom.
4. Homestay feels like home. Fanshawe College administers its own Homestay Program made up of a wonderful network of caring Canadian families. They are ready to welcome you and help you feel secure as you adjust to life in Canada.
5. Our reputation speaks volumes. Upon graduation from Fanshawe, you join an elite group of some 100,000 alumni who are already making a difference within their chosen careers in Canada and around the world. As a fellow alumnus, you have the opportunity to make connections with them and build the foundation for a successful career. A survey taken in 2006 confirms that 92% of Fanshawe students were employed within six months of graduation.
6. We want you to succeed. Hundreds of international students choose Fanshawe each year. We genuinely want to see you be successful. We welcome you warmly and we are fully staffed to provide all the services you need to have a great educational experience.
7. Flexible language training options. We offer five different levels of English as a Second Language. Our classes start every month and, with 25 hours of class and lab time every week, you’ll progress quickly and have ample opportunity to improve your English.
8. Great location. The City of London, Canada is easy to get to and located just about two hours from Toronto, Niagara Falls, and Detroit, USA. Life in London provides the best of both worlds. Here you can enjoy the safety and ease of travel within a smaller city (350,000 people), while still being close to some fantastic large urban centres.
9. Our campus rocks! Take a virtual tour here – Virtual Tour
Virtually every service and amenity you can think of is conveniently located right on campus:
More than a dozen places to eat
A state-of-the-art fitness centre
24-hour computer labs
Student Centre with fun activities, events and outings held each week
10. 15,000 students can’t be wrong! Discover for yourself what our students already know. Fanshawe is their top choice.
We know you’re more than a student. That’s why Fanshawe is more than a college. Just look at Fanshawe’s incredible campus – or ask someone who knows. It’s a place where people meet and futures are made.
In addition to state-of-the-art tools for mastering your craft, we’ve got restaurants, residences and everything you need to have the best time with some of the best friends – people who share your passions and dreams.
Fanshawe is a place to engage and be hands-on with what you love – creating something, solving problems, helping others – and building a foundation for a lifetime of happiness and success. For success you’ll have:
study & tutorial services
resumé & job search services
For fun you’ll have:
over a dozen restaurants & cafeterias, including an on-campus bar
• North China University of Technology (NCUT), situated at the foot of the beautiful Western Hills of Beijing and at the cross of the Fifth Ring Road and Fushi Road, is a multi-disciplinary higher learning institute covering engineering, science, liberal arts, management, law and economics.
• NCUT has attached great importance to international academic exchanges, and has thus established intercollegiate relations of cooperation with more than 20 colleges and universities in the foreign countries, such as the United States, Germany, Korea and Japan.
• NCUT is one of the higher education institutions in China, which was approved by the government to admit international students and actually began to enroll international students in 1982.
• Both of the Chinese language courses and Degree courses offering to the international students are of high quality.
Why study in NCUT?
• North China University of Technology, like the city of Beijing, is dynamic, cosmopolitan, diverse, vibrant, and stimulating.
• The university is multicultural in its character with an international focus.
• The university views, as a key strength, the social and culture diversity of our students, staff and partners in the professions and in society more generally.
• This diversity has created a vibrant and rich learning environment that prepares graduates for a borderless workplace.
• To support its on-going research efforts, NCUT has established numerous research institutes, including a Computer Application Institute，Electrical Engineering Institute,Automation Control Institute，Intelligent Traffic Institute,Economic Law Institute，Management Institute, Jurisprudence Institute,Language and Culture Research Center, and an Architecture Design Institute.
• Professors associated with these institutes undertake many important national and international projects and have achieved national recognition and outstanding awards.
• NCUT is also active internationally through over 30 cooperative partnerships and exchanges.
• Partnerships had been established with universities in the USA, Japan, Germany, UK, France, Australia and New Zealand and elsewhere.
• NCUT is qualified to accept international students, who may choose to study in short-term and long-term Chinese language programs or in undergraduate or master degree programs.
• NCUT students participate in study abroad programs with partner universities through exchange programs or degree-seeking programs.
• NCUT provide amazing opportunities for students to get the practical experience which strengthens the learning of concepts and theories through lab-based classes, and in cooperative-education experiences at home and abroad.
• Our students’ education enhances their professional practices, serves the fast-paced economic development of China at large, and enables students to reach their full personal and career potential.
Our university offer 3 English-taught bachelor degree programs as follows:
• International Economy and Trade
• Electronic Information Engineering.
We also offer 2 English-taught master degree programs as follows:
RMB 600 for a year per person; RMB 300 for six months per person.
This insurance includes accidental injury insurance and hospitalization insurance
4. Accommodation standard and charge
1) Long-term students:
Double room: RMB 30 /person per day or RMB 40 /person per day
Single room: RMB 50 /person per day or RMB 80/person per day
2) Short-term students: Double room: RMB 40 /person per day or RMB 50 /person per day
Single room: RMB 80 /person per day or RMB 100/person per day
• Being located at Shijingshan District – the urban area of Beijing, North China University of Technology is connected to the 5th Ring Road on the east and is in adjacent to Xishan on the north.
• With the floor space of more than 500 mu and the building are of approximately 300,000 square meters.
• International students can live either in International Dorm or International Hotel or 7# Apartment on campus.
• International Dorm offers shared kitchens, laundry rooms, electronic reading room (free internet), and a gym and multi-function hall.
• All rooms are equipped with telephone, television and Internet access (free), as well as desks, closets, air-conditioners and private bathrooms and showers.
• International Hotel offers laundry rooms.
• All rooms are equipped with telephone, television and Internet access (free), as well as desks, closets, air-conditioners and private bathrooms and showers.
• Each flat in 7# Apartment has a bed room, a study, and bathroom, kitchen and balcony as well, and is equipped with television, air-conditioner, washer, telephone, desk, chest, water heater, internet access, electromagnetic oven and other apparatus.
• With more than 1.26 million books, the library is provided with the gross area of 19,652m² and equipped with e-reading room and other modern multi-functional service facilities.
• The open service mode integrating storage, borrowing and reading is employed.
• It is opened for readers for 14 hours every day and the electronic resources are provided for 24 hours ceaselessly.
• NCUT also assist international students to deal with difficulties encountered in daily life.
• Various societies and activities are opened for international students to make their life colorful.
• Furthermore, they visit scenic spots of Beijing and have all kinds of amusement on holidays under the arrangement of the university.
Students study applied course work.
We give students the skills employers’ value.
Our courses are industry accredited.
Global network of Alumni contacts: network, job prospects.
Macquarie University is among top 2 per cent of the best universities in the world
Highly regarded provider of accounting programs in Australia
High industry demand and salaries for accounting professionals
Specialized program designed to meet employer demands
Build industry contacts through internships and business engagement
With the right background students can fast track the postgraduate accounting programs with credit for studies at undergraduate level
Competitive tuition fee
Among the top 10 universities in Australia
Among the top 40 universities in Asia-Pacific.
Among the top 100 Universities in Accounting & Finance (QS, 2015).
5 QS stars in teaching, employability, research, Internationalisation, facilities, innovation, access and specialist subjects (QS, 2014).
50% of our subjects are ranked in the top 100 worldwide, with Earth and Marine Sciences, Linguistics and psychology in the top 50(QS World University Rankings by subject).
9th most international university in the world (Times Higher Education, 2014).
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships – AUD$ 10 000
Africa Development Scholarship – AUD$ 5 000
NANJING UNIVERSITY OF INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
• Located on the north of Yangtse River and in the heart of the Industrial Zone of Nanjing High Technology, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology
• Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, formerly the Meteorology College of Nanjing University, was established in 1960 by the China Meteorological Administration, and then changed the name into Nanjing Institute of Meteorology in May, 1963.
• NUIST is the oldest institution of higher learning of meteorology science in China.
• The administration of NUIST was handed over from China Meteorological Administration to Jiangsu province in February, 2000.
• Its present name of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology (NUIST) was adopted in May, 2004 with authorization by Jiangsu Government and the Ministry of Education of PRC.
• NUIST offers Associate, Bachelor, Master and Doctorate degree programs in areas including Atmospheric Science, Information Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Engineering, management, literature, economics, laws and agriculture.
• At autumn 2013 more than 200 foreign students from 43 countries were studying at NUIST.
Chinese Language Program
Chinese Cultural program
English Medium Degree Programs
Bachelor degree – 4 years
• Software Engineering
• International Economy and Trade
• Electronic Information Engineering
Masters degree – 2 years
• Business Management
• Computer Science and Technology
• Environment Science
Undergraduate: 15,000 per year
Master: 20,000 per year
Doctoral: 25,000 per year
Chinese Government Scholarship
Confucius Institute Scholarship
Jiangsu Jasmine Government Scholarship
NUIST Excellent International Students Scholarship
NUIST International Students Specialized Scholarship
WHY STUDY AT TAFE INTERNATIONAL WESTERN AUSTRALIA?
Government owned and operated – TAFE offers high quality nationally recognised courses for international students and is government backed and guaranteed
Pathways to university – TAFE colleges offer programs that have flexible entry requirements and provide opportunities for further study at university
Large course selection – You can choose from more than 250 courses to study at locations throughout metropolitan Perth and regional Western Australia
Modern facilities – TAFE colleges have modern facilities designed to closely replicate real work environments
Practical workplace skills – TAFE qualifications provide you with practical skills and industry training that gives you skills employers need
Value for money – You will receive high quality training and support at an affordable cost
On completion of TAFE and university you will have two qualifications that are attractive to employers and that will give you a competitive edge in the global job market.
Why study in Western Australia:
3000 Hours of Sunshine
93.6% Employment rate
255 Events in Perth
Choose from a wide variety of courses offered to international students by TAFE International Western Australia. Courses to study include
Animal Management + Marine studies: $11 – 13 000 / Rs 297 – 351 000
Art, Design + Multimedia: $11 480 / Rs 309 960
Aviation: $15 890 / Rs 429 030
Design, Construction + Engineering: $13 – 14 000 / Rs 351 – 378 000
Business + Management: $11 480 / Rs 309 960
Children + Community Services: $12 000 / Rs 297 – 351 000
Health, Recreation + Lifestyle: $11 – 13 000 / Rs 297 – 351 000
Hospitality + Tourism: $14 760 / Rs 398 520
Information Technology: $11 480 / Rs 309 960
Maritime: $11 480 / Rs 309 960
Science + Environmental Studies: $11 480 / Rs 309 960
ACCOMMODATION – There are several options for accommodation for international students coming to live in Western Australia including Homestay with an Australian family, renting privately, and short-term temporary accommodation…
ATTRACTIONS – Western Australia has great weather making it possible to live a relaxed, outdoor lifestyle throughout the year. Perth is Western Australia’s rapidly growing capital city…
CLIMATE – Long days of sunshine and blue skies are features of life in Western Australia. The state has amazing diversity from the deep reds of ancient rock contrasted with the turquoise blue Indian and Southern Oceans and the green rainforest of the South West…
COMMUNICATION – Western Australia has good internet and phone coverage, with many different providers offering great mobile and internet deals…
CULTURE + LIFESTYLE – Australians are considered to be relaxed, informal, with a love of sport and outdoor life. Australian values include respect for the freedom and dignity of the individual, equality of men and women, freedom of religion…
DEPARTURE + ARRIVAL – It is a good idea to arrive in Perth a few weeks before you start your course. You will need time to find appropriate accommodation and get to know your new neighborhood
GEOGRAPHY – Western Australia is in the same time zone as many Asian regions and only a short flight from many capital cities in Asia, the sub-continent, and the Gulf States. This makes many students feel closer to home…
HEALTH COVER – The Australian Government requires all international students to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) in order to be granted a student visa…
LANGUAGE – English is Australia’s national language, but there are certain words and expressions that are uniquely Australian. The longer you have been in Australia the more you will understand the language, customs and habits of Australians…
LIVING EXPENSES – When you arrive in Australia you will need to think about opening a bank account, finding part-time work, and budgeting how you will spend your money….
RELIGION – Australia does not have an official religion, and people are free to practice their religious beliefs, provided they do not break the law….
SAFETY – Perth is generally a safe city but you should always take safety precautions particularly when out and about at night…
STRESS + WELLBEING – International students living away from home in a new country can sometimes feel stress or anxiety from being separated from family and friends. When you start your studies you may also feel worried about…
TRANSPORT -An amazing feature of life in Perth is the free public transport that is available within the Central Business Districts (CBD) of Perth, Joondalup and Fremantle.
VISA – International students need a student visa to study in Australia. You should apply for your visa after receiving your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA)…
WORK – Your international student visa allows you to work while you are in Australia.
The South Metropolitan TAFE was formerly known as Challenger Institute of Technology and Polytechnic West.
International students can study across 14 campus locations including: Balga; Bentley; Carlisle; Fremantle (Beaconsfield, E-tech, Maritime) ; Jandakot;
Kwinana; Midland; Munster (Australian Centre for Energy and Process Training – ACEPT); Murdoch; Peel; Rockingham; Thornlie
The North Metropolitan TAFE was formerly known as the Central Institute of Technology and West Coast Institute.
International students can study across eight campus locations including: Perth(Northbridge); East Perth; Leederville; Mt Lawley; Nedlands; Joondalup(Kendrew Crescent – main campus); Joondalup(McLarty Avenue); Clarkson
The Central Regional TAFE was formerly known as Durack Institute of Technology, Goldfields Institute of Technology and C.Y. O’Connor Institute.
International students can currently study across two campus locations including: Geraldton; Batavia Coast Maritime Institute (Geraldton)
The South Regional TAFE was formerly known as the South West Institute of Technology and Great Southern Institute of Technology.
International students can currently study across five campus locations including: Albany; Bunbury; Busselton; Denmark; Margaret River
The North Regional TAFE is located in the Kimberley and Pilbara regions.
International students can currently study across four campus locations including: Broome; Karratha; Kununrra; South Hedland
International students studying at TAFE and going to study at Murdoch University can now apply for a $3,000 reward.
The advantages of starting your studies at TAFE include:
An industry focused pathway to further study if you do not meet university entry requirements.
Smaller class sizes with extra English and academic support
You will gain practical, employment focused skills that will complement your degree
May reduce your study load, course duration and fees when you enrol into your university degree
TAFE International Western Australia has advanced standing agreements with the following Western Australian Universities.
Edith Cowan University
The University of Western Australia
Brickfields Asia College (BAC) has established itself as the Fastest & Smartest Way to UK Law & Business degrees.
BAC’s students have swept multiple World and National Awards at pre-university, university and post graduate levels over the past three years.
The college’s A-level students, Amanda Kong Hwei Zhen and Judith Pretha received the Cambridge Learner Awards for the Best Student in the World for Law for 2013 and 2012 respectively, while Sharon Lau Foong Yee received the Cambridge Learner Awards for the Best Student in the World for Business Studies.
BAC students also secured 70 First Class Honours (LLB) degrees over the past 3 years from the partner universities.
Since 2005, BAC’s CLP students secured every Tun Hamid Omar Foundation Award for Best Overall Student as well as 50 out of 62 Book Prizes and 51 out of 63 Second Uppers awarded.
In 2013, BAC opened its new RM110 million campus in Petaling Jaya which has provided an engaging experience for students looking to have a balance between studying and leading a fun student life.
This campus houses the Brickfields Business School which offers degree programmes in business management, business accounting, finance and dual honours such as Business and Law, Business and Marketing and Business and Economics.
BAC was awarded the Brand Laureate Best Brand in Legal Education for 2012 and 2013 as well as the SME Recognition Award 2013 for Service Excellence.
In 2014, BAC was awarded the SME Corporate Social Responsibility Excellence Award and the SME 100 Award honouring Malaysia’s Fast Moving Companies.
These awards are testament to BAC’s commitment to making every student’s educational experience at the college an enjoyable, rewarding and successful one.
Partners & Affiliates
BAC currently has partnerships and affiliations with over 20 foreign universities and professional organisations, offering its students access to over 100 world-class Law and Business degrees and professional qualifications that can be completed either locally or abroad.
The BAC Advantage – 10 Reasons to Study @ BAC
Proven Track Record – Over 400 World and National Top Students, Book Prize Winners, 1st Class and 2nd Uppers over the past 3 years.
World-Class Qualifications -Choose from a wide range of qualifications offered by world- class universities and professional bodies.
Outstanding Faculty – BAC’s highly-qualified and industry experienced lecturers have been guiding students to produce exceptional results for over two decades.
Graduate Faster -Fast track routes which allow for dual qualifications to be completed in a significantly shorter time frame.
State-of-the-art Facilities – Electronically-connected campuses with modern classroom facilities, well equipped libraries, computer labs and student resource centres with moot courts, gyms, dance studios, swimming pool, restaurants, cafés and accommodation.
Free Books & Study Materials – Free textbooks, study manuals, statute books, revision guides, past year questions and answers are provided along with other relevant course materials.
Service Excellence – BAC has a history of providing the best possible support for students from providing career advice and guidance to student support services
BAC Gives Back – BAC places its corporate social responsibility (CSR) as a priority by giving back to society through its CSR programmes.
Scholarships & Financial Aid – Scholarships, PTPTN loans, instalment schemes, 0% interest instalment payment plans and EPF withdrawals are available.
Strategically Located – BAC’s campuses in KL and PJ are easily accessible by LRT, Monorail, KTM Komuter, buses as well as other public transportation.
Certificate in Legal Practice
Accounting & Finance
Business & Management
Professional Plus (ProPlus) Series
Corporate Counsel Programme
The MasterClass (MC) Series
Monster Fit – Health & Fitness Club
Monster Fit – Health & Fitness Club
Dance to Fit
Gym Intro Class
BAC Student Hostels are a mere 10 minutes walking distance from the campus and within close proximity of restaurants, grocery stores, food courts and banks for the convenience of the students.
KL Central Station (Malaysia’s main transportation hub) is located 10 minutes away from the residences, giving students access to all major forms of public transportation for greater mobility.
BAC also operates a free Shuttle Service, which runs 7 days a week and connects these residences to the college.
The Mansion, an exciting new development with RM50 million being invested by BAC. This new accommodation centre will offer an additional 500 beds to meet the high demand for affordable accommodation amongst BAC students.
These luxurious condominium units come with a gymnasium and a BBQ area. In addition, they are also fitted with 24-hour CCTV surveillance and an access card system.
General Facilities Provided :
– Air Conditioning – Study Table & Chair
– Shower Heater – LCD TV & DVD Player
– Dining Table – Gymnasium
– Laundrette – Lounge Area
– Microwave Oven – Wardrobe
– Fridge – Cleaning Services*
– 24 Hour Security
*Cleaning is only provided for common areas such as
the living room, kitchen, dining area and walkway.
The Mansion, an exciting new development will cater for an additional 500 beds to meet the high demand for affordable accommodation amongst BAC students.
Welcome to Murdoch University + Learning at Murdoch = Stair to a Unique Successful Career
Murdoch is recognized for its national reputation for excellence in teaching, research and student satisfaction.
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Student population: 22,000
Murdoch is a truly multicultural university with a reputation for excellence in teaching, research and student support
Murdoch main’s South Street campus is located approximately 20 mins by car from Perth City and 10 minutes from the port city of Fremantle
It has an outstanding, vigorous, and highly published faculty with a laudable track record in the daily business of teaching.
The recognition of that excellence has stemmed from a variety of sources including Innovative Research Universities Australia (IRUA).
IRU is committed to promoting interdisciplinary collaboration in research and education among its members which include Murdoch University.
2007 Murdoch becomes the only Australian university to win a 5 star rating for Graduate Satisfaction from the Good Universities Guide for 13 out of the past 14 years.
Murdoch University was ranked 2nd nationally for Teaching and Learning in Humanities, Arts, Education programs.
Murdoch University was ranked 5th nationally for Teaching and Learning in Science and Engineering programs.
Murdoch University was ranked 8th nationally for Research Intensity.
Law School receives award for excellence. Murdoch wins Moot Court.
Murdoch University is one of only five United Nations appointed research centres worldwide
2009 Murdoch makes news with groundbreaking AIDS research and a new twist to the principles of Darwinian evolution. Murdoch opens Dubai academic centre in the Middle East.
FACULTIES COURSE FEE
School of Art $ 27 000 – Rs 729 000
School of Business $ 27 000 – Rs 729 000
School of Education $ 27 000 – Rs 729 000
School of Engineering and Information Technology $ 30 455 – Rs 822 285
School of Law $ 27 000 – Rs 729 000
School of Sciences $ 27 – 34 000 – Rs 729 – 918 000
Academic Excellence Scholarship – up to 25% off on total course tuition fee
Murdoch Athletic and Sports Award
Murdoch Talent and Leadership Award
Joint venture between University of Liverpool and Xi’an Jiaotong University, launched 2006.
Xi’an Jiaotong University is ranked 12th best university in China, and University of Liverpool is ranked within top 150 universities globally (QS University ranking – 2014/2015).
The largest international collaborative university in China
Students and faculty from over 45 countries
Nearly 7,000 students on campus, 2,000 students in Liverpool
Over 50 undergraduate and postgraduate degrees: STEM, Architecture, Business
Degrees from University of Liverpool
Life in Suzhou
In addition to the extensive choice of cultural and scenic attractions, Suzhou has a lot more to offer the international student.
• Excellent sports facilities around campus
• International supermarkets
• Many Chinese and International restaurants
• Large shopping malls
• A great choice of bars, nightclubs and Karaoke rooms
• Cinemas showing the latest blockbusters
About XJTLU – Why choose us?
All degree programmes are taught in English
Internationally-recognised UK degrees from the University of Liverpool
Undergraduates receive two degrees; One from XJTLU and one from the University of Liverpool. Postgraduate students receive a degree from the University of Liverpool
Located in Suzhou, China
• 4th largest economy in China (in terms of GDP)
• Lower living cost compared to Shanghai (25 minutes away by high-speed train)
• A hub of global business and innovation
Learn Chinese while you study for your degree
Bilingual graduates (English and Chinese language) are highly sought after in the global job market
2+2 Articulation Route
An option for UG students to study the final two years in UK
Great career prospects
• 40% of graduates go on to do masters and PhDs at universities ranking within the global top 100
• Enhanced employment prospects as a result of…
(i) globally recognised degree
(iii) knowledge of China and cultural understanding
About XJTLU – Study Programmes
31 Undergraduate degree programmes
Computer Science and Technology
Digital Media Technology
Economics and Finance
Electronic Science and Technology
English and communication Studies
English and Finance
English and International Business
Human Resources Management
Information and Computing science
Information Management and Information Systems
International Business with a language
Urban Planning and Design
25 Masters Degree programmes
MRes Advanced Chemical Sciences
Msc Applied Informatics
Master of Architectural Design
Msc Business Analytics
Msc Civil Engineering
MRes Computer Science
Msc Economics and Finance
Msc Financial Computing
Msc Financial Mathematics
International MBS for Executives
Msc Investment Management
Msc Media and Communication
Mres Molecular Bioscience
Msc Multimedia Telecommunications
Msc Operations and supply chain Management
Msc Project Management
Msc Professional Accounting
Msc Social Computing
Msc Sustainable Constructions
Msc Sustainable Energy Technology
Msc Urban Design
Msc Urban Planning
MDes Transdiciplinary design
About XJTLU – Active learning
Application of acquired knowledge to solve problems
Team based projects
Intensive learning and assessment in the English language
International students have the option to take non-degree Mandarin courses for beginner, intermediate, advanced and business learners.
mall class teaching
Highly-qualified teaching staff
Dedicated Chinese student language partner
Cultural learning and field trips
Money and Scholarships
Undergraduate International Student Tuition fees:
RMB80,000 (approximately USD12,500) per year in the Academic Year 2016-17
Postgraduate International Student Tuition fees:
Tuition fees vary depending on the type of subject being studied.
RMB 90,000 -150,000 full duration
1. Entry Scholarship (UG and PG)
2. Progression Scholarship (UG)
3. Government Scholarships (UG and PG)
The University of Liverpool Discount (UG)
Students enrolling at XJLTU in the 2015/16 academic year, who go on to transfer to The University of Liverpool on the 2+2 scheme, will be offered a discount of 15% off on the tuition fees of the University of Liverpool.
• A highly ranked university with an international outlook, we’re deeply connected to our community and value our place in it.
• Our research excellence, innovative teaching and learning practices, along with our strong ties to industry, make us one of the leading providers of higher education in the Asia–Pacific.
• We also continue the progressive traditions of our namesake, Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, who was twice the Premier of Queensland, the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia, and the principal author of the Australian Constitution.
• Ranked in the top 3% of universities globally
• Rated five stars for graduate employability
• Range of subjects ranked in the world’s top 200
• Research rated at world standard or above in more than 50 disciplines
• Highly regarded as a young university, ranked in the top 50 under 50
• Our 5 campuses are located across the cities of Brisbane, Gold Coast and Logan in South East Queensland.
• Brisbane is a vibrant, expanding city, offering world-class education, a beautiful climate and superb lifestyle. It is an ideal place to study and develop your career.
• Gold Coast – Beautiful beaches, an excellent quality of life and friendly people make the Gold Coast a popular study destination.
• We provide excellent scholarship opportunities for our international students.
• Griffith University supports outstanding international students with a range of scholarships, including: .
• excellence scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students
• scholarships for family members of current international students and alumni
• discipline-specific scholarships for selected programs .
• higher degree by research scholarships .
• Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games scholarships
• Whether you would like to live on-campus or off-campus, there are a number of options you can explore to find housing to suit your needs.
• You can also choose homestay and live with a local Australian family while you study.
• Off-campus In Australia, share housing – where you share a house or apartment with a number of other students – is the most common form of offcampus accommodation.
• When looking for suitable off-campus accommodation you will need to consider:
• The cost of rent (usually advertised weekly) .
• If utilities are included in your rent (electricity, water, gas) .
• If internet is included in your rent .
• If the accommodation is furnished .
• How close the accommodation is to your campus .
• Access to public transport.
• On-campus accommodation is available at all campuses except South Bank.
• Living on campus is a fantastic way to meet new people, find out about new cultures, and develop independence.
• On-campus accommodation is usually fully furnished and provides access to
• laundry facilities,
• gym equipment,
• common rooms,
• internet and organised student activities.
• Nathan campus Semi-catered:
• Mt Gravatt campus Self-catered:
• Gold Coast,
• Mt Gravatt and Logan campuses
• Postgraduate self-catered: Nathan and Mt Gravatt campuses
Cost of living
• Australia is an affordable and friendly place to study and offers a combination of quality education and high living standards.
• The Australian Government requires students to have access to a minimum of AU$19,830 (Australian dollars) per year to meet their living costs.
• Tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
• If you are a degree student commencing in 2018, we guarantee that your fees will not increase by more than 2.5% per year for the normal duration of your program.
• This means that you are provided with certainty and confidence regarding the total cost of your degree at Griffith.
• Detailed information on the fees relevant for your degree, including the fees applicable in your commencing trimester Courses:
• Bachelor of commerce – $27,000.00 – 3 years full-time
• Bachelor of Business – $27,000
• Bachelor of International Business – $27,000
• Bachelor of Government and International Relations – $25,500
• Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management – $27,000
• Master of Professional Accounting – $29,500
• Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management – $29,500
• Master of Marketing Advanced – $29,500
• Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice – $27,000
• Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry) – $28, 000
• Bachelor of Computer Science – $29,500
• Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) – $32,500
WHY SENECA COLLEGE? Seneca College opened in 1967, and has more than 40 years of experience in delivering quality post-secondary education and has campuses in Toronto and York Region. The greater Toronto Area is home to Seneca’s four main campuses. The city centre can be reached quickly by bus or subway Seneca is a leader in Canadian post-secondary education, with a number of campuses in the greater Toronto Area. Ranked as one of the world’s 20 best places to live by Forbes Magazine, Toronto is safe, clean and affordable. Best of all, it’s a great place to study. International Students from over 114 countries study at Seneca annually. Seneca offer more than 145 full-time programs. With more than 100,000 students taking classes at Seneca, we’re one of the largest colleagues in Canada. You get small campus friendliness with big city advantages. Toronto ranks as one of the world’s 20 best places to live. There are only 40 students in a class, which means lots of faculty attention. We are linked to Canadian universities for in-depth education. The faculty/professors has lived and breathed in your industry. It has the largest business faculty in Canada. The library and study halls have over 6, 000 computers. 95% of employers think Seneca students “get the job done!” and very satisfied with skills of Seneca graduates. Large international student services department to look after international student arrival and orientation needs. We’re recognized internationally for career-focused programs, expert faculty, committed staff and successful graduates. We offer a choice of credentials including degrees, graduate certificates, diplomas, certificates and University pathways Our programs offer co-op work experience and internship opportunities that let you gain valuable work experience while you’re still in school. All Seneca international graduates qualify for a 1-year Canadian work permit, with options for additional work sessions. More than 140 dynamic career focused programs 4-year Bachelor Degrees 2-year and 3-year “Workplace Ready” Diplomas 1 year “Career Specialized” Post Graduate Programs Begin your Seneca Program in September, January or May Seneca Programs are designed with input from Business & Industry leaders Seneca is known and respected around the world Seneca spends millions annually keeping classrooms, labs and computerized equipment leading edge 30-40 students in a class – you get the individual attention you need Worldwide network of partnering universities, numbering 70+ offering future academic opportunities within Canada and around the world 10 campuses – 5 in Toronto and 5 in York Region Seneca College offers a rich assortment of facilities and activities to help students relax, refuel, meet others, and expand their horizons. Clubs and Societies If you have an area of personal interest that you want to explore further, or would like to find other students that share your hobbies or views, Seneca College has a wide variety of clubs and societies that you can join, from chess to drama to ecology. Intramural Sports Food and Drink Prayer Room For those who need a quiet place to meditate or say a prayer, a non-demoninational Prayer Room is available at the following campuses: Newnham Campus – Bldg. E, Room E1400, Markham Campus – Campus Lobby Level, Room. 175, Seneca@York / King Campuses Student can work part–time while studying full-time. Learn from expert industry trained faculty. Practice in Seneca skills lads. 4-month paid work internship opportunities. On & off-campus part-time jobs lead to full-time careers-Seneca services are her to help. On campus virtual job fairs. Free job find seminars. Exclusive career postings by employers wanting Seneca graduates. all Seneca international graduates qualify for a 1-year Canadian work permit, with options for additional work sessions Seneca believes that people change through learning. Education is about self-determination. It’s about ambition. It’s about building on what you know and what you can do. Seneca’s reputation is built on the relevance of its programs, the industry experience of its superb faculty, the dedication of its staff and the capabilities of its graduates. More people have chosen Seneca than any other college in Canada.
Newcastle University London offers Newcastle University degrees designed by our triple-accredited Business School, as well as a range of university preparation programmes.
Do you want to study business at leading Russell Group university in London’s financial district?
If you apply for either the International Foundation or International Year One at Newcastle University London this September, and confirm your place within three weeks of your offer being issued, you will automatically receive a Rs 280 000 scholarship.
Our campus is in the City of London – the perfect base for students to develop their professional network.
The world’s top financial centre, London is home to many global businesses and regular contributions from our industry partners enhance students’ learning experience.
An international alumni network:
Students can attend networking events with Newcastle University graduates, and our Graduate Connections database puts students in touch with former students from around the world.
We have more than 122,000 graduates from over 110 countries.
Newcastle University is committed to Excellence with a Purpose.
It encourages students to pursue research that finds solutions to pressing global challenges.
The London campus provides a hub for our wider global research and innovation. Our degree teaching staff are actively engaged in research and have a passion for their subjects.
We are committed to giving students the skills they need to succeed in the job market. Our reputation is based on the quality of our academic work and research approach, which engages communities, organisations, business and industry.
A global university:
Newcastle University has a global outlook, with graduates that meet the demands of world economies.
The university also has well-established programmes and partnerships in:
Why choose Newcastle University London?
Study in the ‘City of London’: the perfect location to develop your professional network.
Progress to a Newcastle University degree designed by our triple-accredited Business School.
Benefit from an industry-immersed education with master classes and internship opportunities.
A couple of things you should know…
The scholarship amount will be deducted from your tuition fee.
The scholarship is available for students apply for entry in September 2016 only.
The scholarship is open to both international fee paying and European students.
This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other financial discount or scholarship.
At Newcastle University London you can study a range of undergraduate business degrees.
Undergraduate degrees general purpose:
You will study at a world-leading Russell Group university, while based in London’s financial centre.
Available for entry in September 2016:
Accounting and Finance BSc Honours
International Business Management BSc Honours
International Marketing and Management BSc Honours
At Newcastle University London you can study a range of postgraduate business degrees.
You will study at a world-leading Russell Group university, while based in London’s financial centre.
Available for entry in September 2016:
Banking and Finance MSc
International Business Management MSc
International Marketing MSc
For 2016 entry:
RS 504000 per year for European and UK students
RS 745640 per year for international students
Newcastle University London students can choose from a variety of accommodation options. We offer residences within easy reach of campus, carefully selected home-stays and privately let accommodation.
Scape East Mile End
Scape general purpose
The recreational area at Scape East Mile End
Scape East is a new premium self-catering student residence located in vibrant 5.
You will live alongside international and UK students in self-contained studios. Every room has a modern design with:
large windows to let in natural light
an en suite bathroom with power shower
an integrated kitchen
Communal areas and organised activities make it easy to socialise.
Individual —bedrooms ensure privacy when studying.
There are also dedicated quiet areas —-providing separate study space, and Wi-Fi is available throughout.
A 24-hour reception, CCTV, laundry facilities, secure bicycle storage and two cafés are on site.
Please note that Scape East block accommodation prices do not include the cost of meal plans, which are available on a half-board basis for Rs 4480 per week.
All rooms are of a high standard – you can choose premium en suite or classic en suite. Rooms are offered in clusters of eight and share generous and well-equipped kitchens.
Home stay accommodation provides students with a home away from home. We offer a variety of options, from half-board to self-catering, in locations throughout London.
You will live with hosts, sharing some mealtimes and all other facilities in the home, including bathroom and laundry facilities.
Accommodation costs cover tuition periods only. If your course or study plan spans a vacation period, the accommodation must be paid for during the vacation period as well.
Rs 487312 (Classic en suite)
Rs 508592 (Premium en suite)
Rs 606480 (Premium studio)
Living costs in London vary depending on the lifestyle you choose.
students in Liverpool Street station
In addition to your accommodation costs, here are some typical costs you might budget for.
A Transport for London Oyster Card costs Rs 280 for a deposit, then you top up with credit as you go. This works out the cheapest fare for all your journeys each day, so you never pay more than the daily cap.
Other Transport for London travel cards include:
Zone 1–2 Day Travel Card: Rs 504
Zone 1–2 Monthly Travel Card: Rs 6552
Local lunch: Rs 168– Rs 280
Weekly food shop:RS 2520
Newcastle University London social event: free– Rs 1568
Local gym membership: Rs 2184 per month
Television licence: Rs 8148 per year
Budget around Rs 8400. We will provide further information during induction.
Full travel, health and medical insurance is mandatory for all international students studying any course at Newcastle University London, and for European students studying a university preparation or English language course.
Uni plan Insurance is a comprehensive insurance policy prepared especially for international students in the UK, to cover loss of personal possessions as well as travel, health and medical claims. This will automatically be added to these students’ course fees unless they show that suitable alternative cover has been provided.
• Memorial is the only university in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada’s most eastern province.
• Founded in 1925.
• The second largest university in Atlantic Canada.
• One of Canada’s top five comprehensive universities according to Macleans magazine 2010.
• Memorial awards bachelor degrees, master degrees, and PhDs, as well as a wide range of certificates and diplomas.
• Memorial has three campuses on the island of Newfoundland: the St. John’s campus; the Marine Institute, also located in St. John’s; and the Grenfell Campus located in Corner Brook, on Newfoundland’s west coast.
• The university has a fourth campus, Harlow campus, located in Essex, U.K.
• Proportion of international students in student population: Approximately 10% in 2013 (25% of graduate students are international, while roughly 7% of undergraduates are international students)
ST. JOHN’S CAMPUS
Located in the province’s capital city, our largest campus is home to teaching and research facilities for Memorial’s six faculties and six schools and serves as the university’s administrative hub.
The Grenfell Campus is located in Corner Brook on Newfoundland’s west coast. This campus offers undergraduate programming in arts, business, education, fine arts, nursing, resource management and science, and a master of arts in environmental policy. Grenfell is personal, interdisciplinary and full of adventure, and considered more of a home than an institution by 1,300 students.
The Marine Institute, Memorial’s second campus in St. John’s, is one of the largest and most comprehensive marine educational and applied research facilities in the world.
• Based on academic achievement
• Valued at $3,000, $4,400 and $8,800 CAD
• Students are assessed automatically
•Nearly $3,000,000 awarded in 2014-2015
Brock University is a public research university located in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Our rigorous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs include experiential learning opportunities and one of Canada’s largest co-op programs.
Our cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary programs offer multi-faceted degrees that help students build careers and get jobs.
Brock has a park-like setting atop the Niagara Escarpment in Ontario’s Niagara peninsula. Brock’s campus is part of a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
When students from across our seven faculties gave their ratings to the Globe and Mail Canadian University Report, Brock was one of Canada’s top medium-size institutions in terms of quality of education, quality of teaching and most satisfied students.
With 18,000 students and nearly 600 faculty, we’re small enough to be intimate, big enough to be world-class and in demand among international students.
Brock provides opportunities for social and academic growth that don’t exist at larger universities, like access to professors. Our emphasis on moderate class sizes in seminar settings makes more students full participants in the learning experience.
LIVING IN NIAGARA
The Niagara Region is home to Brock University and its 18,000 full and part-time students.
St. Catharines is located in the heart of the region and is a safe and welcoming city and enjoys one of the warmest climates in Canada.
Our location allows for a short drive to Toronto, Niagara Falls and Buffalo, New York.
We welcome you to be part of our international student body composed of 1,600 students from 80 countries worldwide.
WORKING ON/OFF CAMPUS – Finding part time work on/off campus is a great way for you to get experience, develop skills for a future career, and of course, make money while studying at Brock. To find out more information, please visit brocku.ca/career-services
The Faith and Life Centre provides opportunities for friendships, education, spiritual counseling, and personal growth.
Every student’s health and well-being is a priority at Brock. We employ 14 doctors and 8 nurses to manage students’ medical and health needs. Services include annual health exams (physicals), allergy injections and referrals to specialists.
Student Life & Community Experience (SLCE) provides opportunities for all members of the Brock community to be active and engaged at Brock and within its surrounding communities. SLCE offer programs and services that support service-learning, civic engagement, volunteerism, and leadership development.
International students have three accommodation options to choose from at Brock University.
ON-CAMPUS RESIDENCE – Two Styles of Residence
Traditional style residences have single and double rooms grouped into communities of ‘houses’ or ‘halls’, and students eat their meals in a dining hall.
Townhouse style of residence offers the convenience of living on-campus with a more independent lifestyle. Students have the option of cooking their own meals, or purchasing an optional meal plan.
OFF CAMPUS LIVING – Brock University’s Off-Campus Living office offers year-round housing information to students, landlords, and residents in the Niagara region. The office provides resources regarding a variety of off-campus housing topics, such as finding accommodations, landlord/tenant issues, neighbourhood relations, community outreach, and much more. Please visit brocku.ca/ocl for more information.
HOMESTAY PROGRAM – Our Homestay Program provides students with the opportunity to live with a Canadian family while studying at Brock. This is a great opportunity to practice your English, as well as learn about Canadian culture! For more information about Homestay, please visit brocku.ca/esl-services/accommodation/homestay-students
FACULTIES AT BROCK UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Mathematics & Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
Faculty of Graduate Studies
Goodman School of Business
All Programs – Visa (International) FALL 2014-SP/SU 2014 less $2.80 per credit)
Arts or Sciences – $19,938.50
Business or Computer Science – $20,824.10
Co-op education offers undergraduate students an opportunity to combine academics with valuable work experience.
The Faculty of Business at Brock has one of the most extensive co-op offerings in Ontario. The Accounting Co-op program, one of the first in the province, has been in existence for over 20 years.
Brock’s Co-op programs consistently offer 100% placement – representing the highest placement rate of all Ontario Universities.
At the graduate level, degrees are offered in several arts and sciences disciplines.
In addition, Concordia Lutheran Theological Seminary (an institution of the Lutheran Church – Canada) is affiliated with the university and offers a four-year Master of Divinity.
Its location in the Niagara Peninsula puts Brock at the centre of cool-climate grape and wine research. It carries the distinction of being the only university in Canada to offer an Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Oenology and Viticulture – see the Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute.
The very honorable Bachelor of Accountancy Co-op is known as one of the best accounting related programs in the nation of Canada. Recently having its acceptance averages raised to mid 80s – 90s.
• St. Francis Xavier University (founded 1853) is one of Canada’s finest universities, combining a high-quality learning experience with an extraordinary residential campus.
• Nestled in the beautiful town of Antigonish, Nova Scotia, students thrive on the fantastic ocean environment that boasts four distinct seasons!
• Students live and learn in the spirit of academic excellence, community development, and social justice.
• Small classes with a high level of faculty interaction and hands-on research opportunities are hallmarks of StFX.
• Students choose from programs that encourage broad, substantive learning experiences in arts, science, business and education.
• Faculty members participate in an inclusive learning culture with students, supporting student success both inside and outside the classroom.
• The first university in Canada to have a formal Service Learning program, StFX holds leadership, community development, social justice and global awareness as institutional values.
• Nearly 90% of first-year students and 50% of all StFX students live in residence on campus.
• The immersive residence environment strengthens the bond between students and is at the heart of the StFX experience.
• Students come to StFX to lay the groundwork, they leave ready to change the world. Enrolment – 4,200 Students; Scholarships – Range from $5,000 CAD to $32,000 CAD; International Tuition – $17,010 CAD.
• StFX Canada’s Premier Undergraduate University…The numbers say it all!
• 93% student satisfaction rate!
• Reputation with employers!
• Canada’s strongest alumni network!
• Ranked #1 Undergraduate University in the Country!
• 87% of StFX grads find employment within 6 months!
• 90% of first year students live on campus!
• 27 students is the average class size!
• 36 Global partnerships for exchange around the world!
• 100+ Clubs and Societies on campus!
• 1,170 students employed on campus!
• 3rd Most recognized ring in the world- STFX X Ring!
• 2 hours from Nova Scotia’s capital Halifax!
• St. Francis Xavier University is a primarily undergraduate university located in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.
• The university brings together 5,100 students from across Canada and around the world in arts, science, and business and information systems.
• St. Francis Xavier University offers what so many of Canada’s top students are seeking: a high quality education, focused principally on the undergraduate, in a vibrant residential setting.
• Recognized as one of the finest schools in Canada
• StFX is meeting the needs of today’s undergraduates through outstanding teaching, exceptional hands-on research experiences
• The very best in a residential community, and unique opportunities to make a contribution to communities at home and abroad.
• The university offers a high-quality education, primarily undergraduate, in a vibrant residential setting.
• StFX offers degrees in arts, science, business, education, and applied programs.
• It is known for keeping class sizes small and for ensuring students are taught from day one until they graduate by committed full-time professors, almost all with PhDs.
• StFX also stands out for its traditions of leadership, social responsibility and community service.
• Perhaps most notable is its world-renowned Coady International Institute, a centre of excellence in community-based development and leadership education.
• StFX pioneered Canada’s first Service Learning program in 1996 and is a leader in experiential education.
• Research is a core part of StFX’s educational experience.
• Its faculty help develop highly qualified graduates through extensive involvement of undergraduates in their research programs.
• Students gain valuable firsthand experience, and a competitive edge upon graduation.
• The university has invested approximately a quarter of a billion dollars in infrastructure and campus renewal over the last decade, including student residences, the state-of-the-art Gerald Schwartz School of Business, the Frank McKenna Centre for Leadership and a new physical sciences complex.
• StFX’s academic reputation is one of the best in Canada.
• That’s because our learning model focuses on you and your success.
• The StFX campus is renowned for its beautiful ivy-league architecture, limestone residences, and pedestrian-friendly layout.
• The culture at StFX is, simply enough, one of doing. And there’s no shortage of ways to get involved both within the school grounds and beyond.
86% average or higher $ 5,000(Rs 130,000): $ 1,250(Rs 32,500) over 4 years.
90% average or higher $ 7,000 (Rs 182,000): $ 1,750(Rs 45,500) per year over 4 years
Terms for the following scholarships: minimum of 95% average and extra curricular involvement.
$ 12,000 (Rs 312,000): $ 3,000(Rs78, 000) per year over 4 years
$24,000(Rs 624,000): $ 6,000(Rs 156,000)/ yr over 4 years
$28,000 (Rs 728,000: $ 7,000 (Rs182, 000)/ yr over 4 years
Tuition and General Fees – International Students International Students
Tuition $7,195.00 – Rs 187,070
Information and Technology Fee $361.00 – Rs 9,386
Fitness and Recreational Facilities Fee $103.00 – Rs 2,678
Facilities Renewal Fee $175.00 – Rs 4,550
Students’ Union Fee $181.50 – Rs 4,719
Health Plan $899.00 – Rs 23,374
International Student Fee $7,195.00 – Rs187,070
Total $16,109.00 – Rs 418,834
Payment due September 15th $12,200.00 – Rs 317,200
RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN COST
Residence Style House Type Rate
Traditional Bishops Hall Single $6,775.00 – Rs 176,150
Double $5,645.00 – Rs 146,770
Traditional Cameron &MacKinnon Double
$5,400.00 – Rs 140,400
Traditional Lane Single $6,180.00 – Rs 160,680
Double $5,155.00 – Rs 134,030
Mac Isaac Double $5,400.00 – Rs 140,400
Traditional Mount Saint Bernard Single $6,655.00 – Rs 173,030
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Business
Faculty of Education
StFX offers an unparalleled academic and cultural experience that prepares you for advanced or professional programs, including the popular choices such as:
• International Business
• Pre Law
• Pre Medicine
• Social Work
• Veterinary Medicine
Co-operative Education Program »
Our co-op program prepares students by enhancing classroom learning through integrated work experience.
Established in 1967, Conestoga is Ontario’s fastest growing college and a leader in polytechnic education.
The college delivers a full range of career-focused education, training and applied research programs to prepare students for success in the new knowledge economy and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
Campuses and training centres in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford, Ingersoll and Brantford provide a growing number of students with local access to full and part-time programming.
Fall 2013 full-time enrolment of almost 11,000 represents a 90 per cent increase since 2005.
Continuing education programs attract more than 30,000 enrolments each year.
As the region’s only provider of polytechnic education, Conestoga plays an integral role in the success of our community: 65 per cent of our graduates remain in the area after completing their education, contributing more than $1 billion each year to the local economy.
Almost 50 per cent of the local adult population has accessed our services.
Conestoga delivers more than 200 career-focused programs, and has more degree offerings than any other college outside of the GTA, including Ontario’s only college-based, accredited engineering degrees.
The college is one of the province’s top two providers of apprenticeship training and a leader in the provision of Second Career and academic upgrading programs.
Our comprehensive range of programming meets the needs of a variety of learners, providing multiple entry points and established pathways to ensure that individuals across our community can access the education they need for their chosen careers.
Articulation agreements with 64 colleges and universities around the world provide our students with ready access to additional post-secondary opportunities.
Labs equipped with the latest technology, project-based courses, field and clinical experiences, international exchange, applied research and co-op opportunities engage our students as they learn to connect theory, research and practice.
Our focus on technology-enhanced learning through online and mobile technologies ensures that students are prepared to excel in our increasingly digital world.
Conestoga’s commitment to student success includes a full range of support and career advising services available to students throughout their learning journey.
Conestoga’s applied research initiative supports student learning and helps area businesses grow, innovate and improve their productivity.
Conestoga is tri-council approved, eligible for funding from NSERC, SSHRC and CIHR, and the first college in Canada to host a CIHR Industrial Research Chair for Colleges.
In 2013-14, almost 1000 students and more than 80 faculty and staff members were engaged in applied research projects.
Active community, industry and academic partnerships provide support for Conestoga students, programs and facilities.
Approximately 1,000 community and business leaders provide input and direction on programming through advisory committees and consortia.
Conestoga has a proven track record of continuous improvement and success.
Our students consistently achieve top honours in local, provincial and international competitions.
Our graduate employment and graduate satisfaction rates are among the highest of all Ontario’s colleges. Our employer satisfaction rating has exceeded 90 per cent every year since the provincial Key Performance Indicators survey was initiated.
OSAP loan default rates for Conestoga graduates are consistently among the very lowest in the province.
School of Business and Hospitality
School of Career and Academic Access
School of Engineering and Information Technology
School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services
School of School of Language and Communications Studies
About Vancouver Island University
• Known as a centre of excellence for teaching, applied research and learning, Vancouver Island University (VIU), a public post-secondary institution, is producing quality graduates that are in demand by employers across the country and around the world.
• With roots that date back to 1936 when Nanaimo’s first vocational training school opened its doors, VIU shares a rich history and connectedness with its communities. It is this history and commitment to people that has provided VIU with a solid foundation on which we continue to grow.
• VIU is a dynamic, internationally known university supporting a student population in excess of 16,000 full-time and part-time learners, including over 2,100 international students, 1,500 aboriginal students, and employing over 2,000 faculty and staff.
Why Choose VIU
Quality programs at a reasonable cost.
Small classes taught by experienced and highly-qualified instructors.
Academic advising, personal counseling, and support services for international students.
Social, recreational and sports activities; Homestay, and on-campus student residences.
Co-operative Education programs that allow for study and full-time work anywhere in Canada.
Great location in a smaller city close to Vancouver and Victoria.
VIU contributes more than $400 million annually to BC economy.
VIU impact report
Nanaimo is a city of 85,000 residents, located on beautiful Vancouver Island — a tourist destination blessed with the natural beauty of mountains, forests and seashore, a mild climate, and many opportunities for year-round outdoor sports and recreation. Nanaimo is close to the major metropolitan areas of Vancouver and Victoria, so students attending VIU can have the best of all worlds:
caring and comfortable community
low cost of living
spectacular natural environment
unequalled recreational opportunities
one of the mildest climates in all of Canada
Association of Community Colleges of Canada (ACCC)
Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
British Columbia Centre for International Education (BCCIE)
British Columbia Education Quality Assurance
Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
Canadian Education Centres Network (CECN)
Imagine: Education in Canada
Vancouver Island University’s Main Campus is located in Nanaimo.
Our region includes the following campuses:
Powell River Campus
Vancouver Island University offers a variety of certificate, diploma, and degree programs. Our programs provide training in academic, vocational, and technical fields and range from basic literacy to university degrees. Each degree, diploma, or certificate has set criteria that must be completed to an acceptable standard.
• Academic and Career Preparation (ACP)
• Art, Design and Performing Arts
• Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
• Business and Management
• English as a Second Language (ESL)
• Exploratory University Studies (EXPO)
• First Nations
• Human Services
• Online Programs / Distance Courses
• Professional Development and Training
• Science and Technology
• Tourism, Recreation and Hospitality
• Trades and Applied Technology
International Student Scholarships and Awards
VIU World-Wide Entrance Scholarships
• Number: Maximum 20 each year
• Amount: $2,000 each
• Criteria: Provided annually to exceptional new long-term academic undergraduate student applicants (not one semester Education Abroad or Exchange students). Students who come to VIU for ESL with conditional acceptance into an undergraduate program will be considered for these scholarships. Awarded to up to 20 of the top applicants entering in the Fall semester based on entering grades from submitted transcripts. No application necessary.
Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology is the oldest publicly funded community college in Ontario, founded in 1966.
It is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada; its four campuses are situated to serve the eastern portion of the Greater Toronto Area. In 2007, the college opened a satellite in the west end of the city, known as Wallace Studios.
The enabling legislation is the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act Centennial College is recognized as one of the most culturally diverse post-secondary institutions in Ontario.
Almost 100 ethno-cultural groups are represented and 80 languages are spoken on campus.
Centennial College – Its ranking in Canada is 40th, and 2000 in all over the world.
Centennial College offers programs in business, communications, community and health studies, science and engineering technology, general arts, hospitality and transportation.
Centennial is a large and diverse college with four campuses offering an excellent learning experience.
The college has a record of exemplary teaching, innovative programming and extensive industry partnerships.
It offers CO-OP program.
All employees, students, and users of services at Centennial College have a right to a safe working/learning environment.
Centennial College is committed to providing a supportive and harassment-free learning, teaching and working environment for our students, faculty, support and administrative employees.
Centennial College offers flexibility and choice – learning what you want, when you want, where you want.
Earn university transfer degree
Enjoy the convenience of living in Toronto and being only minutes away from all the attractions the Greater Toronto Area has to offer.
Money – for students on a tight budget or for those of you looking to save for next year’s summer vacation abroad, this may be the best time for you to attend.
Graduation – Centennial in the summer will allow you to finish your degree faster than if you just attend it in the winter, spring and fall. If you want to finish college faster to go out and conquer the world.
You may have never thought about it, but your college experience is more than just going to class, reading textbooks, doing assignments and taking tests. It’s about experiencing all that Centennial has to offer you. Our campuses have numerous services that will provide you support, entertainment, expand your learning and help you transition into college life.
CCAA (Centennial College Alumni Association member) also gives you the opportunity to take advantage of some of the corporate partner offers such as discounted tickets to movies, theatre and sporting events.
Whether you’re interested in training for your current or future career, earning transfer credits for university studies.
Centennial offers a wide range of programs and courses for high school graduates, mature applicants, professionally trained individuals, and international students. From financial aid to registration, our campuses have numerous services and resources that will provide you with the information and support you need to help facilitate your application to the college
Scholarship and Bursary
Centennial College purchased the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Toronto East in June 2001 with the intent of converting the hotel into a college residence for the fall semester, which it successfully completed in time. The amenities and level of finish in the hotel building were considerably higher than that of many purpose-built college residences. Amenities included an indoor pool, glass elevator, four-storey atrium and warmly decorated rooms. The Centennial College Residence and Conference Centre was originally configured to accommodate 380 student residents, based on two students sharing a room, though later configurations allowed the creation of some single-occupancy rooms.
Fields of Study
Creative Communications & Media Art
Community Health Studies
Engineering Technology &
Hospitality Tourism & Culture
General Education & English
Automotive Transportation &
Centennial College is offering 2 scholarships to international students. One scholarship is awarded to an international student based on merit; the other to an international transfer student from China based on academic performance. Both scholarships are offered to eligible students who have successfully completed two consecutive semesters.
International Student Academic Performance Scholarship
These awards are based on academic, artistic, athletic or other abilities, and often factor in extracurricular activities and/or community service work. An application is NOT required for these scholarships. Recipients are selected by the Dean of each school.
Check out some highlights from Centennial College – Ontario’s First Public College!
Centennial is the #1 College Choice for International students in Canada!
Leader in International Education with CBIE and CiCan Internationalization Awards
First place for Engineering students in the 2015 National Engineering Month (NEM)
First prize for Innovation in Applied Research in Canada at CiCan 2015 Awards of Excellence
Top honors for Centennial Students at 2015 Canadian Public Relations Society Ace Awards!
First place in the 2015 Ontario Association for Applied Architectural Sciences Student Awards!
Centennial has the best student and employer satisfaction rate of all Greater Toronto Area Colleges (Government Mandated Survey- KPI 2014/15)
Students who study and work in Canada have a big advantage in Canadian labour market!Centennial College offers co-op and internship programs that include work placements where students put into practice what they learn in class.
The added work experience increases your chances of getting a good job (with a higher salary) as a grad.
Many of Centennial College co-op students get hired full-time by their co-op employer after graduation.
Co-op programs at Centennial College include Biomedical Engineering Technology
Examples of international placements include:
UNESCO International Institute of Educational Planning (IIEP), Paris France (Project Management program)
Beijing Century Wall Culture & Arts LTD, Beijing, China (Travel and Cultural Heritage program)
Wildlife and Ecological Investments, Cape Town, South Africa (Environmental Protection Technology program)
Global Citizenship and Equity Learning Experiences (GCELES) such as Costa Rica Rain forest Conservation projects (Global Business Management Program)
ECU graduates have given us a 5-star rating for teaching quality for 8 years in a row – from 2010 to 2017.
No other public universities in Western Australia and very few across Australia have achieved such a consistently high endorsement for teaching quality. ECU also achieved a 5-star rating in the areas of Graduated Overall Starting Salary, Student Support, Overall Experience and Skills Development – Good Universities Guide 2017.
ECU has also been named in the Times Higher Education (THE) 150 under 50yrs rankings for 2016.
ECU was also named in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2015, placing it in the top 5% of universities worldwide. In addition, ECU was named in the Times Higher Education (THE) top 200 list of the Most International Universities in the world.
The 2016 International Student Barometer (isb) rated ECU’s Graduate Research School number 1 out of 20 participating universities in Australia. This rating places ECU among the top three universities in Australia since 2011 with student satisfaction of 95% or higher.
Edith Cowan University (ECU) is an Australian Public University located in Perth, Western Australia with approximately 24,000 students in undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
The university offers more than 350 courses across two metropolitan campuses, in Mount Lawley and Joondalup, and a regional campus in the South West at Bunbury, 200 km south of Perth.
ECU Study areas are:
Arts & Humanities
Business & Law
Engineering & Technology (including Aviation)
Medical & Health Sciences
Nursing & Midwifery
Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA)
As at 2017 ECU has the following part scholarships available:
Family & Alumni
Bunbury Regional Campus
These scholarships are to the value of 10% (20% for Temporary Resident).
Strict conditions apply – See this link for further details.
ECU provides a supportive learning environment through a variety of on-campus services and facilities to all of our students.
We have on-campus accommodation at all three campuses,professional and well-equipped child-care centres, 24-hour access to on-campus e-lab facilities and support services at Student Central.
Student Connect officers can help you address any academic or personal issues and medical centres are conveniently located on the Joondalup and Mount Lawley campuses, providing GP and nursing treatments. Campus libraries provide comprehensive book and journal collections, electronic resources and facilities for study and research.
Student Central is the first point of contact for all student enquiries, including academic information, enrolments and access cards.
The Student Guild represents students on a range of academic and advocacy issues. It also offers many social and cultural activities through a range of clubs and associations.
ECU achieved a 5 star rating for teaching quality in the 2016 Good Universities Guide.
A 5-star rating has also been awarded this year for the starting salary of ECU graduates.
General graduate satisfaction is another area where ECU has consistently rated highly over a significant period of time, achieving 5-star ratings in 5 of the past 7 years (2010-2016).
Global recognition for ECU
ECU has been named in the Times Higher Education (THE) 100 under 50 rankings for 2015.
Travel world while you study- ECU has over 90 exchange partners
ECU courses are competitively priced.
According to the International Student Barometer, ECU’s graduate Research School has been rated among the top three in Australia for five consecutive years(2010 to 2014) with satisfaction of 95% or higher.
ECU’S Master of Business Administration has received 5-stars in the 2011 graduate management of association of Australia (GMMA) star rating, which rates the quality of the MBA programs offered across Australia.
ECU has been named in the top 200 worldwide for its research activity in the areas of communications and education, according to a global University rankings list.
In the QS World University Rankings by subject for 2013, ECU was listed for education and training, as well as communications and media.
ECU’s also appeared in the top 200 in 2012 for education.
Edith Cowan University (ECU) is an Australian public University located in Perth, Western Australia
Approximately 20,000 students for undergraduate and postgraduate studies
The university offers more than 400 courses across two metropolitan campuses, in Mount Lawley and Joondalup, and a regional campus in the South West, Bunbury, 200 km south of Perth;
The University has two metropolitan campuses in Mount Lawley and Joondalup, and also serves Western Australia’s South West region from a campus in Bunbury, 200km south of Perth.
FACULTIES AND TUITION FEES:
Biology and Environmental Sciences – $ 26 250 / Rs 708 750
Business – $ 26 000 / Rs 702 000
Communication and Arts – $ 23 850 / Rs 643 950
Computing and Security – $ 24 650 / Rs 665 550
Engineering and technology – $ 24 100 / Rs 650 700
Exercise and Health Sciences – $ 26 250 / Rs 708 750
Law and Justice – $ 26 250 / Rs 708 750
Medical and Paramedical Sciences – $ 26 750 / Rs 722 250
Nursing and Midwifery – $ 26 600 / Rs 718 200
Psychology and Social Sciences – $ 27 600 / Rs 745 200
Teacher Education – $ 22 750 / Rs 614 250
The Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts – $ 26 000 / Rs 702 000
Research – $ 27 000 / Rs 729 000
ECU provides a supportive learning environment by providing a variety of on-campus services and facilities to all of our students.
We have on-campus accommodation at all three campuses, managed by Campus Living Villages.
Joondalup and Mount Lawley campuses offer professional, well-equipped childcare centres.
Students enjoy 24-hour access to on-campus computing facilities.
This service can help you address any academic or personal issues. It is free to all students.
Medical centres are conveniently located on the Joondalup and Mount Lawley campuses, providing GP and nursing treatments.
Campus libraries provide comprehensive book and journal collections, electronic resources and facilities for study and research.
Student Central is the first point of contact for all student enquiries, including academic information, enrolments and access cards.
The Student Guild represents students on a range of academic and legal issues. It also offers many social and cultural activities through a range of clubs and associations.
From a coffee on the run to a substantial meal, our campuses have a range of food and beverage options.
Crown Hairdressing is located on the Joondalup Campus, serving both male and female staff and students.
Sites Optometrists is located on the Joondalup Campus, offering bulk-billed consultations.
Modern sports, recreation and fitness facilities are located on all three campuses.
The Co-Op Shops offer a wide range of educational and learning resources as well as software, technology, games, stationery, clothing, travel accessories and more.
WHY STUDY AT ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY
Our courses are designed to be not only relevant to the needs of industry and the professions, but also engaging and stimulating with the emphasis on the acquisition of practical skills.
Our Department of Vision and Hearing Sciences has a long-established relationship with some of the UK’s largest retail opticians, including Spec savers, Boots and Vision Express, giving our students opportunities for work-based learning.
Our Lord Ashcroft International Business School has developed a course with Barclays Bank Plc. On this course, which is also being offered more widely as a talent recruitment and staff development solution for other businesses, students are work-based, sponsored and salaried for all three years of their course.
Our Biomedical Science course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science and our Forensic Science pathways have recently been accredited by The Forensic Science Society.
Our MA Film and TV Production has established links with 4Rights, Channel 4 television’s commercial arm and talks and seminars are provided by members of Channel 4’s commissioning and business staff. Our students have the opportunity to pitch to 4Rights, Channel 4’s commercial arm, and 4Rights may make development funds available to students whose work justifies investment.
Our Legal Practice Course was the first in the country to receive Skillsmark accreditation and was awarded a Grade 1 – the top award of four possible grades – consolidating our reputation as a provider of top quality, work-based learning. Skillsmark was established by Skills for Justice, the Sector Skills Council which covers all employers, employees and volunteers working in the UK justice system, as part of its mission to link learning to reputable and valued qualifications.
We have more than 30,000 students, and are one of the largest universities in the East of England
We supply many of the region’s teachers, nurses, midwives and social workers and are the largest provider of undergraduate courses in subjects allied to medicine.
We’re the largest undergraduate provider in the subject area of Architecture, Building and Planning.
We’re the largest undergraduate provider for Mass Communication and Documentation.
We conduct world-leading research
In the Government’s most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) for Higher Education Institutes we were the top-rated modern university for Psychology, 2nd for English Language & Literature (including contributions from Communication, Film and Media) and 3rd for History.
Rated ‘world-leading’: 8 of our areas of research – Allied Health Professions & Studies; Art & Design; English Language & Literature; Geography & Environmental Studies; History; Music; Psychology and Social Work; Social Policy & Administration had a proportion of their work rated as ‘world-leading’.
More than 30% of our submissions were rated as ‘internationally excellent’ or ‘world-leading’.
We have great facilities
We’ve invested over £81m in the last five years, with a further £90m planned over the next five. Among our specialist study facilities we have:
a suite of forensic science laboratories, complete with a scene of crime unit
four University libraries (including an extensive digital library in addition to our on-site print collections)
a suite of multimedia sound and recording studios
a Human Energetics Sports Science Laboratory
a University Eye Clinic
simulated hospital wards and operating theatres
bespoke counselling rooms
the 266-seat Mumford Theatre
two art galleries; Ruskin Gallery in Cambridge, with its groundbreaking digital exhibition space, and Rivermead Gallery in Chelmsford
a mock courtroom, for our Law students
a state-of-the-art Language Centre
Multimedia language laboratories.
We care about our environment
We were ranked 10th in the Green League 2010 by People & Planet; a league table based on 11 environmental criteria, both policy and performance-related.
Through our efforts to reduce our environmental impact we have achieved accreditation to ISO 14001, an internationally recognised standard.
We were awarded the Carbon Trust Standard from 2008-2011 for our efforts to reduce carbon emissions.
We’ve had a Fairtrade policy since 2007 and aim to stock as many Fairtrade products as is feasible in our restaurants, bars, cafés and other outlets. We also hold events throughout the Fairtrade Fortnight each year.