Tunku Abdul Rahman University College or TAR University College
TAR University College has its main campus at Jalan Genting Kelang in Kuala Lumpur which is sited on 186 acres of land.
The institution has 5 branches across Malaysia in the states of Penang, Perak, Johor, Pahang and Sabah.
The first branch campus is in Penang which started its operation in temporary premises back in 1994 before shifting to its purpose-built campus in Tanjung Bungah, Penang, in 1999.
The town of Kampar in Perak is home to the second branch campus which was established in 1998.
The branch campus in the state of Johor was also established in 1998 whereas the Pahang Faculty Branch was established in 1999.
- Meanwhile, Sabah Faculty Branch was established in 2002 in the state of Sabah, East Malaysia.
- Both the faculty branches in Pahang and Sabah will have a purpose-built campus which is in the pipeline and they will be located in Kuantan, Pahang and Kota Kinabalu, Sabah respectively.
- The University College has a student population of more than 27,000, including students from Indonesia, Taiwan, Maldives, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Bangladesh, South Korea, Singapore, USA and Papua New Guinea.
- The University College’s alumni numbers more than 180,000.
- TAR University College is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia with a track record of excellence for over four decades.
- The University College has a thriving student population of 27,000 pursuing tertiary education in its Main Campus located in Kuala Lumpur and five campuses in Penang, Johor, Perak, Pahang and Sabah
- TAR University College has produced more than 180,000 graduates, many of whom are high achievers and leaders in various professions and industries, making significant contribution to the nation’s development.
Faculty of Accountancy, Finance & Business (FAFB)
Programmes offered at both diploma and bachelor’s degree levels in the following disciplines:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate Administration
- E-Commerce and Marketing
- Finance and Investment
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Retail Management
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE)
Programmes offered at Diploma and bachelor’s degree levels in the following disciplines:
- Quantity Surveying
- Property Management
- Electronic Engineering
- Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Construction Management and Economics
- Estate Management
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Material Engineering
- Electronic (Communication) Engineering
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing (FASC)
- Analytical Chemistry
- BioScience with Chemistry
- Chemistry and Biology
- Food Science
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems Engineering
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Business Information Systems
- Information Security
- Internet Technology
- Computer Science and Statistics
- Management Mathematics with Computing
- Computer Science and Management Mathematics
- Computer Science and Computer Mathematics
- Applied Physics with Scientific Instrumentation
- Microelectronics and Physics
- Microelectronics with Computer Communication
- Microelectronics with Embedded Technology
- Microelectronics with Automatic Control
- Interactive Software Technology
Faculty of Social Science, Arts and Humanities (FSAH)
- Broadcast Communication
- Media Studies
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Design
- Multimedia Design
- Hotel Management
- Food service
- Event Management
Centre for Pre-University Studies (CPUS)
- Cambridge GCE A Level Science
- Cambridge GCE A Level Arts
- Foundation in Science
- Foundation in Arts
- Students are able to enjoy various facilities which include a student centre, a sports complex, a clubhouse, an Olympic-sized swimming pool and a hall with a seating capacity of 2,000.
- Students also have easy access to various learning resources at the University College three-storey library comprising six levels.
- Well equipped tutorials rooms, lecture theatres, laboratories, and workshops provide a conducive learning environment for students.
- The Sports Complex is well equipped with a gymnasium, two multi-purpose halls, three rooftop tennis courts, five table tennis courts and six badminton courts/two volleyball courts/a basketball court.
- The University College has a 10-block hostel accommodation within the campus. The hostel accommodation is on twin-sharing basis and equipped with beds, wardrobes, study tables and chairs.
- Facilities available are air-conditioned study rooms with internet service, convenience & stationery shop, cafeteria, launderette, water dispensers, ATM, public telephones and parking facilities for vehicles.
- There is also a 24-hour security service.
Facilities at main campus
TARC Main Campus has sports facilities, including a sports complex. Netted tennis courts are available at the rooftop, and the interior is used as badminton or basketball courts. There is an Olympic-size swimming pool, a learner’s pool, a gymnasium and squash courts in the club. Outdoor fields are available for football, basketball, futsal, and volleyball.
TARC library is a three-storey building with Infoweb system that helps students locate books easily. Internet computers are available. There are rooms for study, discussion and individual study areas.
One of the ten residential blocks of TARC Hostel
A path beside the Sports Complex leads to TARC Hostel. The ten blocks of five-storey-buildings can accommodate 2000 students. The rooms are twin-sharing. Seven of the blocks are for female students, while the other blocks are for male students.
The college offers a bus service to areas in the vicinity.
Computers in the Communication and Information Technology Centre of Kuala Lumpur Main Campus
Besides the internet computers in the library, more can be found in the Communication and Information Technology Centre of the Kuala Lumpur Main Campus.
Wi-Fi hotspots are spread all across the college, with popular spots being the library, canteens, and certain blocks.
TAR University College offers a wide range of programmes in various disciplines such as:
accounting, finance, management, business, economics, corporate administration, applied science, ICT, microelectronics, engineering, built environment, mass communication, social science, creative arts, hospitality management and pre-university.
Estimated Tuition Fees For First Year
Arts – MYR11,700/approximately USD3,080 – Rs 113960
Science – MYR14,800/approximately USD3,900 – Rs 144300
Estimated Total Fee per programme :
– Arts – MYR28,800/approximately USD7,580 – Rs 280460
– Science – MYR36,000/approximately USD9,480 – Rs 350760
- Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Entrepreneurship – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Human Resource Management – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) in Broadcasting – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours) in Software Engineering – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Electrical and Electronics – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Honours) – Estimated Total Fee: RM 29,200 to RM 39,900 approximately – Rs 359100
- Master of Business Administration – Tuition Fee: 21990 – Rs 806230 – Full time (1.5 yrs)
- Master of Science (Life Science) – Full Time (2 years): 9,185.00 – Rs 82665